Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 15)

Gotta understand-- it doesn’t always show who’s editing. On our end, it had a pop-up message that 'someone is editing this post- you can not edit at this time… ‘’ so we hit OK and try again with another number-- it doesn’t show us who is editing, or what number they are trying for etc…

These has to be an easier way-- this keeps happening and causing bad feelings…

Congrats @Txana_kuin !! Enjoy!!! Hope you have a good air purifier!! LOL!

2 Likes

It’d be nice if the system was designed to not even let a member enter the wiki while someone is editing. But I can see how that might cause problems as well.

3 Likes

Yes, congratulations @Txana_kuin!
Thanks for another great giveaway @Tracker. :smiley:

3 Likes

I hadn’t realized I over wrote your name. I originally picked 8 and got an error message of some kind and I clicked OK, which I thought it meant I was taking action to avoid that. I didn’t erase your name. and I choose 5 instead, also I didn’t get a message. I’m sorry if I screwed up my friend? it definitely was not intentional , and if that number wins you are more than welcome to the prize!!

2 Likes

Sorry @Habitt I see it’s over now, but please know, it wasn’t intentional and if i had won, I would have gladly given you the seeds. I thought the message said someone is writing and to leave click OK, I would never do that kind of thing to anyone, on purpose and I’m glad you called me out, so next time I can find a way to exit out of the Wiki!

3 Likes

You just write after me @blowdout2269 and to me no icon of someone trying to write appear. I’m mobile… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Its all good brother.

2 Likes

I’m on a mobile phone aswell. I get the avatar icon when editing on my device. I was attempting to edit when your icon popped in. Then said I was gonna overwrite so I cancelled. This same thing happened with several members(16-20)while I was making an attempt at adding myself. I wonder if they were not able to see me. That’s what we’re discussing. And if you seen no icon when you entered, you’ve likely confirmed my suspicion.
You do raise a good point though! I wonder if the system has some confusion recognizing different devices. Hmm…
I’ve also found that when I use “reply to”(the curved arrow), that I only get it directed to that member with their icon in the corner maybe half the time.

4 Likes

Thanks for understanding brother!

2 Likes

I’m I’m pleses

2 Likes

Thank you @DougDawson for another chance

3 Likes

I have discovered that if your reply is the post immediately following the one you directly reply to, you will not get that icon. I assume it is understood that is where your reply is directed.

5 Likes

@Gnome1 post 177 edit yourself in the bottom

3 Likes

I saw no icon when entered nor when editing, and in mobile I am not fast. Other times I saw people popping and as I don’t know for sure when was first, normally I cancel and discard, and try some time later.
In PC I see other people editing or poping from the first time when I start editing.
And normally when I click on save edit, if someone is editing it says a warning message, when this happens I cancel, discard… And try later

5 Likes

Thanks Again Doug!:pray:

3 Likes

Thank you for the giveaway Doug
:v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Nice win @FirstCavApache64, woot woot.

5 Likes

I just woke up and thought I was dreaming when I read that I won, thank you so much for making this great giveaway possible with your generosity, I am so happy and grateful for the opportunity @Tracker !!

9 Likes

Congrats @Txana_kuin!
Well deserved!! Thanks again @Tracker!!
:v: :seedling:

5 Likes