Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 18)

Wait, is this .78 cent non-machinable stamp a replacement to a forever stamp, or in addition to?

Customs forms? Jesus. Should have just stuck with US only. Iā€™m not doing all that. Probably last seeds Iā€™ll be giving away. Haha

4 Likes

You donā€™t need customs forms if you use a coin flip washer and regular envelope.

7 Likes

Anyway I could just priority ship a box with the seeds to someone who has all of the shipping gear and have them send everything out? If not, Iā€™ll go to Home Depot tomorrow.

4 Likes

Itā€™s really not that bad. Some international flower stamps, greeting cards, hose washers and coin flips.

4 Likes

ETA: Wait, no, donā€™t listen to me.

You use the non-machinable stamp by itself. You could also use two forever stamps (but youā€™d be overpaying).

3 Likes

Nope can buy it and use it by itself. Canā€™t be used for international putting more on doesnā€™t do anything but one is supposed to give you more than the 1/4" width more than 1oz weight and doesnā€™t go through the rollers. This is according to the hillbilly postal worker in my hillbilly ass town. Hell went to mail a package today and post office was closed for lunch.:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

You donā€™t need customs forms for letters. :wink:

2 Likes

I get that. I get it. I get it.

3 Likes

I send hundreds of letters all over the world. No customs forms for greeting cards. Coin flips and washers, 3D puck or little store bought containers all work perfectly fine.

12 Likes

Lol, I think he gets it. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The whole customs thing some of you are finding I bet is commercial level. Not just private person to private person.

If itā€™s a package, itā€™s a minimum $30 customs form. No matter what. I know this for certain. :+1:

Iā€™m sure @ix3u can attest to this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m pretty good at filling them out now. Pain in the ass. Iā€™ve got extras now sitting by my boxes so I can have it all filled out before going to the post office.

3 Likes

Sounds expensive. Politician sign boards work great.

2 Likes

@duo @darkillusion @OhNo555
Got some mail todayā€¦
So blessed, thank you!

15 Likes

Itā€™s just a piece of paper. I sent 3 or 4 packs to a fellow forum buddy in Eastern Europe recently. I sent a tiny box with a AC power adapter in it and wrote AC adapter on the formā€¦ I also crammed 4 packs of seeds in the tiny box. It took about 2 months but he got it just fine.

Before US Seedbanks were a thingā€¦ besides getting seeds domestically from friends, getting seeds from Europe was commonplace. Sometimes customs would snag stuff but if a little stealth is used, the packages would always arrive just fine. Iā€™ve received dozens of international seed shipments and never had a problem. Sent a few out too. Sending seeds in a DVD case, or a pack of socks, or in a tin of candyā€¦ they arrive to their destination 99% of the time.

1 Like

Butterfly stampsā€¦ Used to use with non machinable stamp. Now I use pucks custom made by a member here that also printed my custom stickers for covers. Have lots of flips and washers left over, lol, thatā€™d be just as good.
Flips and pucks eliminate anything extra.
1 global stamp and a few pucks or flips goes anywhere on the planet.
A few pucks or flips goes anywhere in USA with a forever stamp.
Any clarification see @DougDawson , he is, definitely, the man.

6 Likes

I sent my first trade here to Canada. I wanted to make sure it got there safely so I put in a bubble envelope and had tracked. Seeds were in older thicker seed pucks. PO dude felt it said it was considered a package and made me do a customs form. I just put som BS on it. Was 15 bucks. It did get there safely though! :grinning: Hope youā€™re enjoying your monopoly game pieces!:fist:t3::facepunch:t3::vulcan_salute:t3:

2 Likes

Lol, oh yeah I guess a bubble envelope is a package. I was referring to the USPS small box.
I sent a 60ml bottle of STS stock solution to a homie up there. It was labeled as ā€œscience toolsā€. Hey, I didnā€™t lie! :rofl:

6 Likes