Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 3

@DougDawson did you forget to bring these?

13 Likes

Love these, we used to get 12" long pieces of copper pipe, drill a bunch of holes in them and slide a chunk of garden hose inside the copper pipe… the colours (canadian spelling) were phenomenal!!

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. Lol

4 Likes

Hey that hurts! I was born in England. True though. lol

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:WHO HAS WHO THEIR :mask: :us:

1 Like

Sorry @DougDawson, I couldn’t resist picking at yas a bit on the other thread lol
Thank you from Tammy Dawson I do love that view and area you got going there, though!

2 Likes

Lol, all good brother. Picked up some dried Mullen and Chaga mushroom in the forest, new hand drill and tinder coming :wink:

10 Likes

Congrats on the Chaga! Great find!

3 Likes

I was wondering about the materials you used to start that fire Doug when I saw that video. I imagine they’re fairly specific pieces.

2 Likes

Yes indeed. Around here I think a really good combo is a Mullen spindle and Willow hearth board. Very common and easy to find. If I were stateside I would be looking for those as well as Yucca and Horseweed. Yucca is like a gold standard in friction fire. Also Cedar, Bass wood, Cotten wood, Aspen or Walnut. Bow drill fires are much easier but with the right materials the hand drill is very satisfying. Taking 2 sticks along with some dried material for a tinder bundle and turning them into fire is alway very satisfying to me.

7 Likes

Wow it’s been busy in here

3 Likes

Making a friction fire is on my newly acquired bucket list.

4 Likes

It is so satisfying. Lighters make things way to easy. It’s an afterthought now a days.

3 Likes

Maybe a stellar example of each, because stealth fighter has disappointed me 2/3 times. The 3rd is hydro right now, so maybe that’s what it needs. And I guess the duck leaf version is really aesthetically pleasing, with big purple buds. Just lacking density and scent.

4 Likes

Man, popped in here and it’s been kind of slow. Wonder what can be done about that?

8 Likes

I’m sure you could think of a couple things

4 Likes

Maybe give away a few atv rides hahaha

8 Likes

Or some more Canadian vacation timeshares :slight_smile: or do that IPhone->Tesla thing again!

7 Likes

I’m not impressed with the stealth fighter either. They sent me replacement seeds. We’ll see next go around. Maybe get something a little more stealthy :wink: :rofl: :clap:t4:
Not holding my breath. My German Duck, so far is on point. We’ll see come fall :v:t4:

4 Likes

Not that there was any doubt anyway but you can really see how much @DougDawson drives this thread when he goes on vacation :laughing:

11 Likes