Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 3

Happy birthday @cannabliss :birthday:

1 Like

Happy Birthday @cannabliss ! :green_heart::v:
I too, have kids older than you… young one! Lol

1 Like

I think its sister :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha thanks folks for a smile great way to start this gloomy day hope the sun comes out soon have a great day folks

7 Likes

Which Post?

1 Like

WHOOOOPS! My bad.

2 Likes

Happy birthday cannabliss. Counting down the top side of 50. I am only 35

It was yesterday somewhere in here. I found out the model is a Tandy 1000 HX. Was just wondering if you knew much about it? Started right up for me! 1000 HX - Album on Imgur

I’ve been trying to find stuff out about it and learned a few things but no one really has an estimate on value. Someone told me $4-$500 but said they were totally spitballing.

1 Like

Happy birthday! I just hit the 4 - 0 last October. Time keeps on slipping. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No I missed that. I will look into it and get back to you.

1 Like

Happy Birthday! :beers:

1 Like

https://www.ebay.com/b/Tandy-1000/162075/bn_57335011

1 Like

looks like an 8088 …I don’t remember that they had much of a software catalogue for something really collectable you want something that was pretty popular at the time. Tandy never was.

2 Likes

Ebay was the first place I checked but that one for $172.50 is the only HX I can find. That one isn’t even tested and going for that, but I also have no idea if he’s realistic with that price. I can’t find a complete setup like I have anywhere online. I’ve found that for the HX part, someone selling just the joystick but in a box, someone selling the printer but broken, people selling the printer cable, and a few of the manuals.

1 Like

It might actually be worth contacting a tech museum, if it has all the accessories

4 Likes

I had someone tell me that Tandy was sought after elsewhere :man_shrugging:

“Tandys are in demand as the best DOS computers of their era. They had 3 voice sound (compared to the 1 voice pc speaker) at a time when there was no sound cards, and it was widely supported by game makers. The 16 colour Tandy standard was also widely supported and looked great against 4 colour CGA of the time. Having the monitor and the printer greatly adds to the value. If everything works it would probably be worth 4-500 on eBay (completely an educated guess. Number pulled straight from my ass)”

3 Likes

I will get you more info when I stop driving :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not a bad thought at all! Definitely going to look into that.

Happy Birthday @cannabliss! :birthday: :partying_face:

1 Like

Ok so checking on that and found some info. The TX was the same as the plain 1000 except it had the fancy 286 processor. If you held the f4 key during boot it would lower CPU speed to half as it was too fast for many of the games, lol. The losest thing I found to your complete unit was $775 but also came with a printer. Take a look through these Ebay listings. The trick is to look at the sold listings, not the current listings. People put stuff up for ridiculous prices all the time but the sold listings will actually tell you what they sold for.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tandy+1000+tx&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

4 Likes