Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 3

Very cool brother. It’s the Madawaska nation here. As I say, dont be mad about the names, just do as I do and use them as a teaching tool.

5 Likes

Heh, I’m half Brit so that part of my culture is bad teeth and worse food.

5 Likes

Oh I’m used to it believe me. I don’t bother getting mad or upset over that stuff, I was just letting you know in case you didn’t know what it means

4 Likes

Oh I get it, my niece is full blooded Native Canadian. Word is not part of my speach, just what it was named before I was born. I am sure one day they will fix that.

3 Likes

Well if I left now it’s only a day and 6 hr drive 2400 km one way .

4 Likes

Thank you very much @DougDawson and @DannyTerpintine for the Swackhammer!

I sure hope Mrs. Dawson doesn’t mind you calling me baby girl.

12 Likes

I always say;
MITAKUYE OYASIN… in the tongue of my people means ‘we are all related’ that means everything and everybody

14 Likes

I could be there in 4 hrs. lol

4 Likes

Very cool, so which language is that? I am gonna save that one, very cool saying. There are 70 separate indigenous languages here in Canada.

Edit: Never mind brother, looked it up. From The Lakota language, very cool. Got to remember that one.

8 Likes

damn 4.5 hour drive for me anybody heading through Central NY on the way to Doug’s we can carpool lol also I love pow wows growing up here the Onondaga are close the Oneidas are right up the road from me my bestie is Oneida and Mohawk she grew up in Akwesasne on the border they are good people she has brought me to many pow wow and gatherings always so much fun and such welcoming good folks

7 Likes

Here in Maine, have attended almost every Pow Wow since 1988, fortunate to have several Bands/Tribes in my area, love the First Nation approach to civilization. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

It’s a Siouxan based dialect. Most of the woodland tribes of the East coast spoke different variations

4 Likes

Here is another one of those teaching moments as I am sure you have more knowledge on this than I. Were the Siouxan not part of the Lakota people? I know there were 7 bands under the Lakota people and I thought many prefer Lakota as it meant “Friend or Ally” where as Sioux , or Sioux was a disrespectful name given to them by their enemies. Am I mistaken on this?

2 Likes

The Lakota people were part of the Siouxan tribes or the 7 fire councils but a few other tribes also spoke different variations of the language

6 Likes

That was dependent on which variation you used lol

edit I gotta get off here, the wife is after some time with her lol cyas tomorrow

5 Likes

Cool, thanks for the info brother. I am heading down the reading rabbit hole now. Appreciate the response, always cool to learn about such things.

4 Likes

Darn you just edit as I was trying to quote lol. I was like threading rabbit holes? I know your camping but you doing some trapping too?!

3 Likes

Lol, nah, just learning some cool stuff from a guy who knows much more on the subject than I.

3 Likes

Well never done a fireside giveaway before. There is always a first time I guess.

9 Likes

S’mores by mail?

2 Likes