Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 4

I use mars products. They are decent.

2 Likes

I have 3 of the MarsHydro TS1000. Why 3 you ask? The original idea was to have 3 tents going but I found out the TS1000 did not perform in a 4 X4 tent for flower. Works well for vegging. So, I took the other 2 TS1000’s and put them both in one tent for flowering. Seems to work well for that. If I had it to do over, and still wanted to go with Mars I would go for the larger TS2000 for one tent and one TS1000 for the veg tent.
I understand MarsHydro have a new BAR-style LEDs now that are said to outperform the TS series tho.

4 Likes

totally agree! what really irritates me is some of the PPFD charts and PAR values ( or lack there of!)

1 Like

I’ve seen really cool grows with 4x TS1000’s in 1x 4x4 allowing for 4x different strains as you can adjust the height for each; and the spill just helps each other out! :smiley:

3 Likes

After using Mars and Vipar lights I can’t hack on either of their performance. That mars light really did do a good job for me. GH feed chart with autos, not so much, but the light itself I will use again.

I’m thinking you mean this thread?

edit… there is a ton of very good info there. I got Mr.Sparkle to answer a few questions for me, and did a DIY for our whole commercial grow-op that the plants love while dropping our electric bill in half!

6 Likes

I use Mars, I also think they perform well for the price point. I have used the tsw2000 for a few years and I think its solid. I got a fc3000 six months ago. Last round I ran both in my 5X5. Anecdotelly, I don’t see a major difference in performance (just based on one round) but i would actually say that the plants under the tsw2000 fattened up better. The fc3000 stays even cooler than the tsw does. After the fact, I heard Mars was lying about using Samsung diodes in the fc series; I never followed up on that story though…

I recently bought a 60w led 12×12inch with bloom switch (adds red and infrared) for around 80CAD on aliexpress (60 the light + 20 FedEx 7-15days shipping) costs a lot less if you get their cheaper/longer shipping, it’s pretty nice I would say for 2’×2’/2’×3’ space. They also have cheaper versions too. For me Chinese is Chinese, so I didn’t bother buying mars hydro or spider farmer or any of those.

tenor (3)

5 Likes

Lunchtime??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Suuuure, go ahead and take off for lunch!

edit… I’m just taking a wild guess here and say you don’t know about them sharks circling the waters?

2 Likes

I see you all been busy since last night 200ish posts not bad how’s my OG fam doing out there hope you all survived the the crazy rain and such I’ve been looking at mars myself in the matket for a new flower light I’m using spider farmers now they work great but can always improve also thinking about building one oh so much fun growing botanist chemist engineer gardening right I love it anyway busy day yall have a great oday
ps @DougDawson recieved a card today thank yo so much I think it’s the auto maria? not sure though anyway as always thank you sir

4 Likes

With all the LED building going on, what I REALLY want is a lidar based controller that will move my lights up based on a set height distance from my canopy! I’ve read folks doing this with XBOX Kinects, and have an arduino or raspberry pi controlling everthing and taking heigh readings 2-3 times a day during lights on only but ideally the lidar because lidar.

1 Like

i was just reading something about the kinects myslf pretty cool

What’s it say on it?

Lol, hungry for seeeeds!!

2 Likes

lol ok that’s better!!

1 Like

AM2 x RC …

1 Like

Yes, Auto Maria 2 X Royal Creamatic Auto Fems.

2 Likes

Dibs and dibs, dibs again! Or dibs!yes thought it was dibs time :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :hugs: :crazy_face: