Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 5

Glad they arrived safe and sound! Enjoy! :metal::call_me_hand::v:

1 Like

We use to keep worms in a cooler after we picked them for months with just layer of dirt /manure topped with leafs and threw lawn clipping in there once in a while

I just got some red wiggler worms on Saturday. I have them in triple stacked 5 gallon buckets. Iā€™m not too hip on bugs or worms, so weā€™ll see how this goes. I sure do want those castings and tea thoughā€¦@johnnyPotseed
Do they come up to the surface when they are looking for food?

1 Like

Not that much, usually they come up to the surface if they canā€™t breath. Is the material you put them in too wet, or compacted maybe?

editā€¦ Just like after a long hard rain, youā€™ll see them on the groundā€™s surfaceā€¦ it got too wet/waterlogged and they have to breath

edit2ā€¦ It can be wetā€¦ish, but loosen it up for them.

2 Likes

Yes fellow babies, Red Wigglers, the Cadillac of worms.

5 Likes

Very nice! I am also wanting to start some worm bins. Buying castings is just too damn expensive for me to keep buying sadly. My concern is keeping them happy/alive in the winter since it gets so damn cold here. Im sure I will figure some method out to suit our needs, but I hope all goes well for you farming them worms!

1 Like

past years have been lazy worm picking and have bought countless dozens ā€¦one day I turn to the ol lady and said ā€¦I should have been saving the dirt that comes with the worms a long time ago ā€¦still havenā€™t saved none

1 Like

Red wigglers are damn good. I use a lot of emā€¦also them big fat ol earthworms too.

@bassman5420 depends on how bad you want to keep them alive but a thin tipper tote with some heating pads they use for reptile should keep soil warm enough maybe a heat lamp on top

1 Like

@DougDawson Canadian nightcrawlers r the ticket right Doug

1 Like

lol Nightcrawlers in generalā€¦letā€™s not be goin ā€˜nationalityā€™ now :rofl: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m not from up in them parts man but I do buy them Canada crawlers 375 a dozen here ā€¦.goood grief

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a bit expensive!

editā€¦ an the red wigglers do the job better than most other worms. Theyā€™re ā€˜the standardā€™ when it comes to worm castings

2 Likes

I got caught up in fish talk ā€¦my apologies

Honestly for me itā€™s red wormsā€¦

They multiply quicker and do all their work in the top few inches of soil, keeping things broken down and aerated and suchā€¦

But we are, of course, straying from the ā€œfree seeds, clonesā€ topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: BAIT! now thereā€™s a whole different ballgame!!

1 Like

Is there a fish topic here !?

1 Like

Aah thatā€™s a good idea, did not think about using one of these seedling heat mats to assist. Iā€™m sure that would do the job indeed.

2 Likes

Actually yes, there is a fish thread on OG lol just go to the homepage and search it

1 Like

We have topics for everything lol if we donā€™t, make one! :grin:

2 Likes