:star_struck: :fire: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Way to go joe!
what is that?

2 Likes

zkittlez og autoflower and fastberry
fastberry is the purple one both autos knocked the lights down to 18/6 couple of days ago. tent shot is 3 of each

2 Likes

On the home stretch.

21 Likes

My little buds.

14 Likes

They will keep the bugs down in there.

3 Likes

WTH?! Why all the frogs, @GramTorino? Are they in your nutrient container? I have so many questions!

I built a pond in my back yard, and now the proud father of hundreds or thousands of toads, frogs and salamanders every year since I put it in. When the weather is nice, the sound of tree frogs, especially at night, is intense. The problem is, my pond has pumps, and pumps relentlessly kill tadpoles and small frogs/toads. And it looks like you might have a pump in the bottom of that container :frog: :grimacing: :skull_and_crossbones:

EDIT: Here are a few of my baby ā€œbudsā€ from one season. This is just one small area of this small pond:

15 Likes

Indeed that res had a pump on a timer for auto fertigation of outdoor coco. No pond experience.
No frogs were harmed in my case.

Drawn to the moistureā€¦Those little frogs would gather and party hard every night. Tried to keep them out.

I would often gather them up and put them back in the low bushes.

Wow - just saw the pond photos uploaded. That is one beautiful pond! Gobs of lil buddies!

8 Likes

Any chance you could rig up a screen for the intake?

I live in a bone dry place but every summer I have a large frog or two in my back yard. I always think of them near water but not necessarily I guess.

We have a lake near my house and I fish there a lot from my kayak. Iā€™ve had times where I couldnā€™t get out of the boat without stepping on hundreds of tiny young frogs. Itā€™s like a carpet on the shoreline. Thatā€™s a weird scene.

3 Likes

Yup! But an actual screen just on the intake of the pump isnā€™t going to do much to save the tadpoles. Itā€™s a nearly 5000 GPH pump, and the screen would quickly be clogged with tadpoles and baby frogs/toads that canā€™t escape the flow. I found this out the hard way (though it was harder on the poor little amphibians - RIP :pray:). So what I came up with was a large 30 gallon tote that I placed the pump into, placed onto the bottom of the pond and plumbed into the filtration system. The 4 sides of the tote were almost completely removed and replaced with a fine mesh screen that I attached to the tote with 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. Now the intake water pressure is spread across such a large total surface area, even the tadpoles can easily swim away from the tote.

Unfortunately, the pond is not currently in operation right now. Itā€™s only half full of water thanks to a large bear that got into it in November and ripped a massive hole in the liner as it was getting out. That hasnā€™t stopped the frogs and toads from laying their eggs, though. But now I scoop up the eggs and take them to the lake in my neighborhood. I also take the frogs, toads and salamanders if I scoop them up.

lolā€¦you should see my yard in the summer! They affect how and how often I cut my grass. At some point, I just stop cutting the grass for a few weeks. Fortunately, this tends to be when there is little to no rain, so the growth isnā€™t out of control.

7 Likes

We donā€™t have any frogs around here, but we do have the Red Spotted Toadā€¦ itā€™s a desert native.
I like themā€¦ they freak people out that didnā€™t know they existed.
Bufo.punctatus.web

9 Likes

They are just hanging waiting for the mid-night choir practice. :frog: :frog: :frog:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Hereā€™s the next chop about two weeks out, NL

also a pic of the chemdawg about 6 weeks to go
thought I had a pic of the batch in between before I closed down for the night but sorry nope, Iā€™ll take another tomorrow

15 Likes

the NL pic is right side up on file lol no idea why it turned on its sideā€¦ Iā€™m a bit ā€˜tech challengedā€™ folks ))

5 Likes

Which Chemdawg do you run? I havenā€™t grown it yet. I have a single fem seed of a Chem OG I won here from a seed giveaway. Iā€™ll run it this year.

4 Likes

The nursery I bought the clones for mothers from told me Chemdawg OG. They grow fast and bush easily with a bit of fimming. This is the first batch (25) Iā€™ve taken from the mothers. They vegged for 8 weeks, then put into bud.

3 Likes

NL at ~3 weeks

Starting to smell like a pine tree!

21 Likes

Trippy Gorrila by Bighead seeds this was an autoflower strain
cut now hanging can not wait to try it smells just like chem

22 Likes

Is it normally that pale color of green?

2 Likes