Frenchy Cannoli: Lost Art of the Hashishin Workshop

All this brings to my mind the question of whether dry sift is the way to go for personal use, at least until the drying teks for ice hash advance some more. I´ve been thinking about making bubble hash for a while, but never got to it (some bags are selling for outrageous prices, and in the meantime the old lady took posession of my small washing machine for kitchen rags and stuff like that), all while being very happy with the output of my dry sift screens.

Probably not only I, but some other members might benefit from the input of more experienced hashmakers regarding dry sift vs. bubble hash vs. dry ice method.

@Sebring I just saw the price of those freeze dryers, wow… considering dope prices here in Colombia, I couldnt afford it even by becoming a dealer, so yes, definitely out of the question for personal use.

2 Likes

I’ve had the idea to automate the washing(i hand stir now)…

My initial idea is like Mila’s “pollenator” except wet, cold, and all metal, with sepratate sieve “layers”, maximizing use of gravity and centrifugal force. The center would contain the material & washing. Operator would simply reload with fresh material & remove old (& monitor). The unit would have a constant supply of freezing cold RO water. It would consume electricity, water, & maintenance, but ideally process up to 50lb. of material per use.

A friend had the idea to use a recirculating “waterfall” over vibrating/agitated sieve trays/racks.

It’s all do-able & of course :cn: can rip it off the next day, so here you go lucky inventor… :smile:

:evergreen_tree: thomas edison was a chump & a thug!

3 Likes

I agree completely!
Between the equipment prices to get the right gear for water sieve hash and the space required, I see a lot more people going for the easier, and much cheaper, process of motorized dry sifting. I’m relatively happy with the Pollen Extractor, but I can definitely see a market demand for a slightly better engineered version.

I just finished running the ice water hash process. It took me over 2 hours of direct labor to do the whole process and that is with me having already done a bit of prep the night before. Now I have to wait a week and spray to the ganja goddess that it doesn’t grow mold or retain water in that time. I think ice water sieving still has it’s place. Without it I’d be throwing a ton of Princess Haze away right now because of a small spot of bud rot. However, I’ve been using and will continue to use the Pollen Extractor for everything that I can get at least a 5 day drying period into before I plan on sieving it.

5 Likes

Saw a guy on fb suggest doing this

I always push through sifter and dry on cardboard, but im also only pulling like 1/2 oz at a time

1 Like

:thinking: Where’d that convection oven go, now…? :smile:

I’m all for perfecting the process but not so into spending money… :wink:

:evergreen_tree: :house_abandoned:

2 Likes

Lol i just goofled a bit too and see that some ppl have used a food dehydrator to dry/decarb their hash too

2 Likes

If you modified this dry trimmer with a micron screen you could do large dry ice runs pretty quick i would imagine. That was my first thought at least

2 Likes

That would definitely be a great way to extract a lot of hash as it spins around well for sensimilla - not so much for seeded buds… I plan on drying out some Cackleberry and giving it a go here soon just have to get a decent micron screen though leaning more towards panty hose at the moment

4 Likes

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Dude, it was SOOOOoOooooOooooo tempting to sign up for this last one on Valentines Day but at $200+ per person I couldn’t justify it.

Anyone taken his course, what’s your opinion? Was it worth your money?

3 Likes

BUMP!

:evergreen_tree: :head_bandage:

1 Like

I make bubble all the time. I use Frenchy’s method. Increased my yield and quality big time!!!

How i dry: Collect all the bubble on a 25 micron screen, making it into one large brick. I just barely squeeze the brick, more to square it up than remove water from it. Into the freezer for 4 hours. Leaving some water in it and freezing will allow it to pass through a micro plane or fine mesh strainer without gumming up and making a mess. I run it through my micro planer, making it into dust, and it falls into an empty pizza box(perfect for the dry) . Stays in bottom of pizza box in a dark kitchen cabinet for about a week. Comes out blonde, 100 % dry and looks like sand. IF you touch it gently, it will stay sand, if you squeeze it, it will rock up

The bubble is 100 % dry BEFORE I place it in plastic and roll it with hot water…I agree with Frenchy, doing the hot water decarb on it really changes it, and I prefer the changes.

Not sure I understand how Piro does his dry…was confused reading it??

8 Likes

I stopped drying it directly on pizza box just to avoid any unwanted fibres getting in it from the cardboard.
I now just put parchment down then put it in the cardboard box to dry.

Probably miniscule but might as well keeP it as pure as possible

6 Likes

I actually place parchment paper in there too most of the times, not always.

4 Likes

If your calling frenchy cannoli a clown you obviously have been living under a rock the past decade as he is probably thee best hashishin of our times hands down …As there is not another person on this planet that has as much knowledge as frenchy has on hashish period…
He has his own I.w.e as well that’s made out of SS not to mention his own bubble bags as well…
So how about you do you have the credibility he has absolutely not…

Frenchy uses a freeze dryer on his shit to dry it out…Or he will plane it and let it dry in a walk in freezer on parchment paper and then he will use the hot water to decarb it a bit using cellophane or fep …Since you did not personally buy the frenchy hash I wonder if it was something that caused it during transport from the store to you…
As a freeze dryer takes the moisture out of the patties when he makes them anyways…
And he has his own ss ice water extractor now called the vortex trichrome separator by delta separations too bad they only have the commercial one 50gal available at this time…As they have a 15gal one as well but they will come out with it at a later date…
So us personal home growers will have to wait and use the cheap plastic until it’s our turn…However if others would bug Delta about the 15gal we could get it sooner !!!

4 Likes

Very cool thread. Tons of info in the YouTube videos. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Getting ready to try making bubble hash soon, any tips on starting out?

3 Likes

Cold cold cold… and 20

2 Likes

Nah frenchy is trying to stay relevant in a world that has passed him by. Dude legitimately thinks the dictionary needs to redefine ‘extract’ to fit his narrative. He likes to use bruh science when convenient for his narrative but distances ‘science’ when not convenient. He’s the skunk man Sam of the extract world. The game passed him by 20 years ago but ‘buy my washing machine and hookah bowl’

1 Like