Diy seed collector

I was thinking of rigging up a bowl connected to a hose connected to a 5 gallon bucket in order to easily separate seeds from the bud something like this.

4 Likes

Any working designs would be appreciated

Interesting…i’d give it a go though I would go with a dry vac instead of the hairdryer as its more powerful and don’t have to worry about heat.

Not long ago I saw someone post a version that reminded me of Plinko - i’ll see if I can find it unless someone else wants to beat me to it

Whelp, it didn’t take as long as I thought lol
https://overgrow.com/t/the-lazy-way-to-bulk-seed-harvesting/13586/15?u=momontherun
https://youtu.be/9OZDGQ6oxhk

4 Likes

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349215&page=42

Post 419 has a great contraption you could make for cheap… Not as cool as the plinko shop vac device but still noteworthy

1 Like

Daaaammmmnnn! This is in my near future…

Though smaller… thank you for the link!

5 Likes

It’s like the everything machine you just change the screen size haha

1 Like

After thinking about this more with a nice joint from Cackleberry and glass of pinot I have come to the conclusion that 1 machine isn’t going to do it. So onto google I went and formulated a plan to try with the Jelly Pie girl since she will be my next seed harvest…

1. Thresh the seeded material: place inside tarp and dance on top for a bit
  2. Sift the material with this worm bucket sifter …can automate it by attaching a nut and cordless drill
  3. Separate the material with this bird seed cleaner
  4. Clean the seeds with this corn seed cleaner

I may be really high but I think I am onto something

2 Likes

That member has guerilla figured out. His outdoor runs are attention to detail planned gems

2 Likes

while similar would or could work for seeds… I am guessing that that is to trim buds. I saw similar commercial product advertised at some point.

ok… this did not go where I thought it would go… i was talking about the huge tumber separator with net thing…

2 Likes

to OP … I would …
use a taped shape bucket with a lid as collecting dish.
aim to create vortex of air within it.
exhaust then to larger bucket with another exhaust upwards to collect waste (just as you draw).

air would be directed alongside of side of bucket … bit like " d " where o is bucket and | is the pipe. maybe two or three inch from bottom…

exhaust from collection dish again at angle (upwards and as tangent to side of bucket … in direction of airflow) … " b " where o again is the collection bucket.

Please do post (or pm) pics and/or review/ comments if you build this …

3 Likes

After smoking Mexican Brick weed for 20+ years, I can de-seed a 1/4 lb. In about 20 minutes. Dry sift screen, a business card, and my fingers.

Get a slight angle on the dry sift screen. Break up the buds, then scrape the card up and the seeds will roll down. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

A blender with a dough attachment and suitable low speed setting also works, doesn’t get them all shucked but you will have a lot of the work done for you. Great if you wanna use leftover material for extracts or edibles :slight_smile:

Follow up with @ReikoX’s method and your golden :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I actually perfected the technique not from trying to get seeds out of my weed, but from getting the last bits of weed out of the seeds. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

It’s like a hillbilly washing machine :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We’re can I get one of these at asap? You have link to the manufacturer?