Gainsville green seeds out there?

Would love to buy some. I want to get some seeds for my dad for christmas (he was born in 1954.) He lived in interlachen in the 70s and frequently talked about gainsville green here and there in my life.

I found some seeds but they are 120$ for 6 seeds. I want to save my money before christmas so wondering if anyone has a cheaper deal for me

6 Likes

I will be doing a preservation run for Swamp Skunk in the coming months. I have family in Gainesville/Alachua and was fortunate enough to get ahold of the genetics. I won’t mention names but I secured them from a fellow OGr! It is also referred to as Gainesville Swamp Skunk. Maybe it would be of interest!? Happy hunting!

12 Likes

I’ll be keeping and eye out. I just asked my dad if he knew what that was he said no, he lived in florida for a decade+ in the 70s so maybe he did have it, just didnt know. Def interested though.

1 Like

It’s a cross of one of the original kushs that came from Florida and went out west. Triangle Kush x Roadkill skunk. Both would have been around just after the 70s/early 80s. I can ask around too through some other channels for you!

4 Likes

I am super fuckin interested. My dad raves about the true skunk from florida. @anon90741032 hooked me up with two gainsville green seeds, gonna start them asap. Excited to try your beans out as well when they are ready. God keep us all alive for this, thank ya.

6 Likes

Alright! Good look @anon90741032! If you happen to get a male snag some pollen would ya! I would love to get my hands on those genetics as well! Cheers bud, I hope to start the run by the end of the year!

3 Likes

Im getting fems : x I was hoping to get fems so it worked out. having a male woulda been nice though. I may tag a couple buds with some pollen I collected earlier this year, I got one year old chem dog pollen who knows if it will work, and some blue dream x citrus sap pollen I harvested like 2 months ago.

Also some huckleberry soda x orange kush x chem dog pollen as well. Not much of it at that.

2 Likes

Where’d you find 6 for $120 ? I’m not wealthy by any stretch but I might not have a choice because that stuff was smoked around me but before I started smoking. I’ve always regretted passing on the joint.

1 Like
1 Like

@harveest you could always try and find a few people to team up and buy a pack and reverse 1 to pollinate another and make a lot of seeds. If you get say 6 people on board for it, it will only cost each person $20.

2 Likes

Known scammer.

Ol’ Osceola Heirlooms at it again. He has many aliases.

3 Likes

darkillusion, what do you mean by “reverse”? Do you know of a way to change seeds that have been femenized to male seeds?
Please share that knowledge, I would very much like to learn how to do that.
Thank you!

1 Like

It’s not quite changing them to male; it’s making female plants grow male flowers to create female pollen. You spray them with this; I believe there are instructions in the thread, if not just do a search.

STS Preparation - Overgrow.com

1 Like

I heard that a time or two. I was just showing fastarkid where they were at. I have had no dealings with them.

Multiple ways:
Spray Colloidial Silver solution
Spray STS (Sodium Thiosulfate) solution
Spray with eXe (eliteXelite) solution
Old school rhodelization

I reversed fem seeds with eXe. Gotta spray the plant once and with a little luck you’ll get feminized pollen from the deal. With CS or STS you have to spray multiple times. I’m 2 for 2 on eXe so far, but the second reversal was a little more funky than the first (grew pistils, then had clumpy pollen).

Lots of good info on here on reversing a plant / forcing it to create pollen, just a few ways to go about doing it…

1 Like

Female plants produce the chemical ethylene, which is also responsible for fruit ripening. Ethylene inhibits the formation of male flowering parts (pollen sacs).

Silver-containing sprays such as silver thiosulfate and colloidal silver suspensions inhibit the production of ethylene, which allows male flowering parts to grow.

Because female plants do not carry a male sex chromosome, they can produce pollen from those sacs, but that pollen cannot carry a male chromosome because the plant it came from doesn’t have one.

When you pollinate another female plant with that pollen, the offspring should all be female because neither plant has a male sex chromosome to pass on to the offspring. This is the origin of feminized seed.

2 Likes

Damn that sucks. Glad I didn’t buy anything. I kinda felt like it was too good to be true. I was super tempted by the Gainesville, and the Swamp Skunk seeds he has listed said they were made with a legit Green Crack cut, which is something I’ve been on the hunt for. I sent him a message a few days ago asking about GC cuts and he said he had some. I asked some more questions and never heard back. Was hoping this was legit.

Green Crack isn’t too difficult to source. Relatively common clone.

That being said I recommend being very choosy who you get clones from. Everyone’s got horror stories.

@VAhomegrown check out this thread going on RN all about hunting for Kryptonite/Crappy and Gainesville Green:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.