Gangsta Shows - Snowfall etc

Not gangster, but the first two episodes of See has me hooked so far…

3 Likes

Pretty interesting…

2 Likes

Only a handful of episodes, but they’re pretty legit.

4 Likes

Digging on Dublin Murders right now. Originally on Starz, but streaming it.

3 Likes

The Man in the High Castle

2 Likes

Not a Gangsta show, well actually a big ass gang, but true story. Anybody watch the Documentary on Netflix called “The Devil Next Door”? About the Ukranian immigrant who they found out was Ivan the Terrible, the Nazi gas chamber worker. I remember vaguely the first trial when I was a teenager, except I really didn’t “get it” in the way I do now. It was an interesting 5 parter.

Marathoned “Surviving R. Kelly” as well. Boy is he a sick puppy. He should be in prison.

2 Likes

does anyone else remember Trapflix? the incredibly short lived trap culture netflix alternative?
it was a joint business venture between Snoop Dogg and an old school bay area rapper called JT the bigga figga. They made an unlicensed sequel to Snow on the Bluff with Curtis Snow, and it was actually pretty interesting. Most of their movies were shot on iphone, but they were basically classic blaxploitation movies. They beat Spike Lee’s Chiraq to market with their own movie called ‘Chiraq’, plus ‘The Chiraq Story’ parts 1 through 5.
Within 3 months of trapflix launching, JT tried to steal control of the business from Snoop Dogg, which was a bad idea because he was the sole investor. It was messy, for some reason I started getting Admin emails from JT that said shit like “Don’t Trust Snoop! JT is in CONTROL”
the site lasted another month before it went down for good. I’m pretty sure every movie on that site is now a lost film.

anyway, I would love to see a movie or mini-series based on the rise and fall of trapflix.

5 Likes

pretty good Gangsta movie

4 Likes

Just remembered for Gangtsa shit… Peaky Blinders is good

4 Likes

There’s a bunch of videos labeled trapflix on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9gQdePSbVbFaCHfIpER3vn20S5D69NzM

3 Likes

I was thoroughly…meh with this one.
For a few reasons.
Wasnt bad tho.

2 Likes

You guys watch The Irishman yet? Talk about a cast! Wow! Although Scorcese could have easily edited out an hour plus and we all would have gotten the picture. I loved the acting, this movie was practically the same though as the older movie entitled “Hoffa”

@Misolo313 I was Meh with The Kitchen too and kind of bored. Kind of a bummer as I absolutely love Melissa McCarthy

6 Likes

I thought it was pretty good, the acting terrific. The new independents and Netflix have been churning out pretty good movies lately.

I really like Freaks, from another small studio

3 Likes

Netflix has really become a force to be reckoned with in the series and movie originals. I love it!

4 Likes

The new one just out, 6 underground…MEH. Amazing 1st opening action scene, then goes the way of Marvel movies which I cannot watch

3 Likes

Oh ya I started it yesterday!! It’s good but you u gotta be ready to sit for it haha so Damn long. Who makes movies that long ? Lol

4 Likes

Watch Freaks instead Mongo…100 % cool story you will not see coming!

2 Likes

I will check errr out.

1 Like

I watched it… it was soo bloody long lol. I was kind of disappointed, with the cast it had they shit the bed hard on the special effects. The gun shots were like awkward “local playhouse” effects, the fight scenes were painful… they made the WWE look realistic lol. It just came off as 3 hours of past their prime gangsters trying to kick out one more good pay cheque lol

4 Likes

Quentin Tarantino! :joy: Just watched Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood tonight. It was almost 3 hours long too! Absolutely loved everything about it. It amused the hell outta me in just about every way.

5 Likes