General Organics Ancient Forest

Have any of you ever used this before, i am reading wonderful things about it on the internet, but i was wondering if you had any actual hands-on experience with it. Let it be thru a friend or whatever… Thanks guys!

1 Like

I got a free bag of it, it’s good stuff, but extremely dense and heavy. It holds a ton of water which cannabis doesn’t like, I would treat it like worm castings and not add more than 5% of it.

I decided it’s better to use compost from a local company than to have this trucked across the country.

4 Likes

I’m only thinking of using it to amend the soil, given the delicate nature of seedlings, i would put this in the soil, and then water only for the first few weeks, especially for auto-flowering plants, that i am gonna keep on growing. Would you mix this with worm-compost?

Anything i can get that i know works and seen it work it’s from the US or Europe, people here haven’t developed a hydro culture really. Even tho there is a hydro shop but, they carry this…

this is a great product and its from the US,im not sure
if you can find it in Europe,maybe UK…
i use 1 part Ancient Forest and 2 parts worm castings,
i also add compost,lets say 2-3 parts

1 Like

Alright man thanks. So you would mix worm and humus directly into your soil, i will be usig Formula 707 but wanted to amend it a little bit, it lacks certain strengh i think it´s needed during early veg, IME.

1 Like

i get nice favour and dense buds using this combo,i always
let ppl know about Ancient Forest since its a easy to go package
of alaskan humic soil,contains lots of minerals,its good for organic
growing

12 posts were split to a new topic: How to make compost

I tried it in my pro-mix and making teas with it, and just remember nothing but a bad experience. I use Advanced Nutrients organic line. I don’t know if the ancient earth didn’t mix well with my nute regiment or what, but a lot of weird deficiencies came up. I still have 2/3 of a bag that’s been sitting in the closet 2+ years.

1 Like

U might have better luck with it than me? I know that Bountea Humisoil is good stuff if you can find it. I have used that before with good success. I don’t know what the difference would be between the two though, I thought they come from the same place? It could have just been a bad reaction with my nutrients, or maybe I was to generous with my helpings? But my ladies were just very unhappy after using it.

1 Like

But for the people who don’t have the time, space or will to compost themselves, what would you recommend @lotus710? Just a good worm casting?

2 Likes

Great question, i’d like to know that myself…

That is a great answer. And specific to the question asked above @Tinytuttle, what would you do?

1 Like

by the way alaskan humic acid was used by Ras Truth(Mandelbrot),i use it
4 years now in combination with worm castings and compost
and its working pretty good for me,like a friend said above,not all
people have time and space to make own compost…this is my own
personal opinion…thanks!

1 Like

http://www.bioag.com

check out this product as well

1 Like

Hello everyone, i had to remove the comments not relevant to this thread, this thread is to talk about GO Ancient Forest, not how to make compost, for the people interested in making compost i opened another thread where you can drop your contribution, thanks.

If you got any experience with Ancient Forest, please let us know here. THX.