Anyone use Biolive?

So, @Tinytuttle and I accidentally hijacked a thread… Has anyone used this and what are your thoughts? It’s late, I feel bad we took over. I will add more Monday. Sunday is “Family Day.” Super fun… :neutral_face:
Edit: I don’t want to sound like a dick! Please don’t take the family day as a bad thing! Just, sometimes my hobby consumes me. I am sure many can agree. No kids involved

6 Likes

I used it when I first started growing, 10 years ago, and it was a good product. But I have a small indoor grow so I soon learned it wasn’t really needed. For me organics in general weren’t really feasible.
But if your growing outdoors it would be a great product to mix into planting holes for the first couple months of the plants life.

3 Likes

I use it when setting up a soil tub, makes for a very good water only mix when it sets itself up in the soil… currently I’ve been topdressing my veggie garden outside with it and still has amazing results as well… Coupled with Dr Earth’s “bud and bloom” it’s unstoppable

4 Likes

@Lunash76. I can totally understand about family time. Being a new grower, like I am, it is even worse. Add a new toy for the room and I am going through the roof…lol

2 Likes

It’s like Christmas 365! I can relate!

3 Likes

The anticipation of Christmas. You know what Santa is bringing, just Mother Nature is teasing you with the gift. Grow plants grow… :smile:

2 Likes

a whole thread about a product and this is all we get? if the price is right and it does work as advertised perhaps the rest of us may find an application? But atm I’d have to leave the site and go do a google search…

ooohhh sowwy tmw

1 Like

Oops my bad ! I lied about opening the bag I did add some to some solo cups ( just 2)that I had seedlings just starting but the 100 degree Colorado sun did them In I’ll put a pinch or two in the remaining cups also and restart the 2 new ones won’t be part of the solo up competition at this point lesson learned!

1 Like

Another Dr. Earth user!! I love them. I used to use their soils but can’t get them anymore in my area. I do order their dry top amendments though. They are fantastic!

So this is really intended to be a “in the hole” fertilizer instead of mixed throughout the soil? Just seems weird putting roots on top of crustacean meal. Mine shipped, I guess I will just have to read the box when it arrives!

1 Like

Sorry @Lunash76 I meant to post this a couple days ago for ya I had it on my 2020 grow thread but here it is again

1 Like

It has been part of my organic ride so far.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!!

1 Like

It’s meant to be mixed throughout the soil not just in the hole. If you dig a hole, poured this stuff in and just put a rootball right on top it would cause some issues, especially after a few days of moisture when it starts to break down. This would be one of the few ways you could “burn” a plant with organics lol.

It’s a good product and did well with my plants. Sadly I’m just extremely limited on room so organics would never really work for me. But if I ever am able to do organics properly this would def be one of the amendment mixes I’d use, the other would be Dr Earth Flower Girl. May have to find a little more potassium for late flower but those 2 alone would get you a great grow in soil.

1 Like

Thank you for clearing that up! I did think it was strange to plop the roots on a pile of dead stuff LOL

I love Dr. Earth products. I don’t know what happened, in my area they were everywhere last season and now barely anything. I have had to buy the organic soil local stores do carry now, and it is terrible. They must have added coco it holds water way too long…