Good Stress VS Bad Stress

Thank you for lmk what you meant. Yeah I meant as a supplemental lighting instead of an industrial version. My whole goal is to add a artificial sun indoors at an affordable cost. idk if I had ever made that clear on my journal at all. @Kingaizen69 was the one who initially inspired me to start my grow despite having inadequate lighting. I started with my bathroom florescent lights. I had convinced myself thanks in part to my father that I needed HPS or equivalent no matter what. Little did I know I was wrong. Itā€™ll still grow and the intensity of HPS, MH, or the sun is preferred, but not needed to be able to grow. The things I couldā€™ve learned if I had started 2 years ago

Thank you for the read also. Iā€™m without THC for a few days to lower my tolerance a bit. I need to keep myself occupied to make my issues less intense without cannabis

It took me a bit to realize that you said to overactivate them itā€™s needed to use significantly more than what I use.

Overfeeding or improper nutrients

1 Like

100% agreed on that. Iā€™ll never use anything from Monsanto or Bayer again. Btw Bayer now owns Monsanto as a attempted rebrand Iā€™ve heard.

Thatā€™ll go wellšŸ™„

1 Like

Also thanks for the read again @Fuel
I read it 2x to retain it. If I go another another 2x Iā€™ll never forget it. When Iā€™m in information sponge mode I just want to learn. I was in this mode for 4 years soaking up all the information I could on cannabis. Retaining very little going from 1 thing to the next every time Iā€™m intrigued. The upside is I can more easily retain it the next time I read it. Gotta make sure to avoid information overload. I retain essentially nothing when Iā€™ve learned too much at once. Need to process it all before I go again.

If you have more Iā€™d love to read it

I find than this document is very nice to handle the use of UV but also to consider equipments. But the informations on the security is laxist, like always i will say. Even for ā€œtanning cabinā€ they sux to prevent people and teach them the inherent risks to use it on a regular basis.

And look at this :

This video make me mad lol I donā€™t push to the point to say than an UV-hazmat is necessary but when you buy this type of lamp itā€™s not to use it one time per year like the guys seem to do.

So you have to protect you in considering a regular exposure, and to take in count than a regular use basis produce regular humanā€™s faults on habits with bad thinked protection.

1. Covering entirely your face with a mask. This type of mask is enough and easy/quick to wear.

2. Covering entirely your body. No exposure at all. Long sleeves than enter in gloves, neck protected (with the mask) ā€¦ well no skin exposed thatā€™s simple.

3. Decent googles than fully protect the whole perimeter, at least UV400. I have a set of polarized ray ban than are a better protection than the ones showed in the video lol

4. To take in count the ozone generation in indoor conditions. I can share this testimony at least : if you have PM invasion, you will not gently pass your lamp on the top of your plants in walking in the infested tent lol, like most a so fake youtube videos presenting the product (i just saw it, iā€™m mad). You will treat them one by one on a table and in the entire surface to be effective. Specially the mothers you canā€™t replace ^^

A good duct fan wrapped in a duct for ā€œdrying machineā€ than directly extract to the next window is enough, but necessary.

Full duty done now, thatā€™s the responsibility to share this kind of stuff. I must whip myself more often to take in count the new paradigm.

In the a very synthetic version : UVR8 is a protein (hit by UVB in a short and defined spectrum only), and COP21 its linked mechanism than will trigger the genetic answer. So itā€™s more a mediator than a receptor.

A friend than is fan of pythons will explain it better than me but the lizard just literally see an UVA hot spot (than we are not genetically able to see), itā€™s why he go under the lamp. Without UVA, these dumbs reptiles need to be ā€œknockedā€ and fixed on a table to get their UV treatment. They donā€™t see UVB.

The amazon lamps mostly produce UVA, and D3 of reptiles need only UVB ~290nm. I guess itā€™s why people rather prefer to use other lamps. For the plants we are talking about 311nm, the extrem portion of UVB than is destructing the D3 of reptiles. And at dosages under you donā€™t want to put a reptile or an human.

An UV enrichment must be used during all the time of the ā€œartificial dayā€. And iā€™m talking about expensive horticultural lamps builded for that.

Good stress for production donā€™t exist by definition, itā€™s an useless waste of energy.
But the ā€œamazon lampsā€ are technically far to create any stress in your cannabis plants, so you can enjoy them a long time without being worried about that.

Nothing to have with UV, i say that to donā€™t let people think than itā€™s related.
Yes, a reveg plant will have tendancies to yield more (if the strain answer well to the procedure itself, some just die, others never reveg ā€¦ etc). Only because you give to the plant the opportunity to develop more its structure on an extra vegetative stage. This is not magic.

Any skilled sogger will say you than forcing clones improve their yield, but than their individual performance will depend mostly on the manner and where you cut them. The stats still the same than the motherplant, or you have a problem to fix somewhere in the process : hygiena, method or the health of the motherplant itself.

The yield have nothing to do with it, itā€™s a choice : of a method adapted to your skills, of an adapted environment for this method, of an adapted strain for this environment. This combo well thinked ever end in high yield.

In practice, no. You are just replacing the 1 month veg of clones by 1 month of reveg of the plants (in a perfect scenario without any worries). In the case than the genetic is enough strong and exceptional to be reveged many times. You have more chances in fact to restart from scratch regularly.

And in the case of a sog, you drastically decrease the productivity of your crop this way ^^ So a lot less yield per year/sqm.

Like a fews before you since decades, you will not change your opinion on it until you donā€™t test it yourself. Just a hint : feed the reveged plants to the limit they can accept in N in using fulvic acid, just after a good zym flush. This way, you will be the closer possible of a ā€œ1 month re-veggingā€ with decent yield, but to keep the same yield than the first shot will ask you some tries and fails before to reach this point.

The fear is the counter part to evolve. A friend find me harsh/rude when i say than during the first 3 years of a cannabis grower, this last must absolutely never stay in any comfort zone to become a good grower. But I sincerely think it. When you have made all stupid things first, after that you can concentrate your efforts to improve the methods than are ā€œmade for youā€.

It is only used as complementary light in the industry in fact. Mostly to reduce the use of chems, then staying below the maximum permitted by laws and regulations. When this kind of regulation will hit really the market of US dispensaries, it will be armageddon.

In germany, they are forced to import Canadian weed of twos big trusts by tons because the local production does not comply with a medical grade : fecal bacterias, chems, dangerous fungi for the lungs etc ā€¦ when this kind of systematic regulation will hit the US market of dispensaries, it will be armageddon i guess.

To do a loop, UV lamps are pretty usefull for that. But itā€™s an additionnal cost (without ROI) than not so much producers want to deal with for the moment.

Iā€™ve started with T8 than companies putted in ā€œtrashā€, in a closet. Itā€™s only a long time after than i bought my very first 250HPS. Many lights after, I finally ā€œcome backā€ to full neons decades after the first T8 lol

Itā€™s all relative.

I use sport. Much more effiscient than anything else and with benefits. Loving weed imply counterparts, no matter if you regularly stop or never stop ^^

I grow my weed with 100% nuclear power. Itā€™s all relative ^^

Youā€™re welcome, this document will help you to dig more in depth the UV equation by its parameters. No matter where it will lead. But as far as iā€™ve understood, i think than the cervantes book must be the first to known like your own children. I say that in all respect : one step at a time.

best vibes for your travel in the stonerā€™s world lol

4 Likes

Thank you for the informative and well thought out post. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

ā€¦And for the indecent googles, just ask me in privateā€¦ :laughing:

:eyeglasses:

:evergreen_tree: :v:

1 Like

I canā€™t do sports unfortunately. Severe asthma. To the point where I can run fir a total of 10 seconds a day and the rest if the day Iā€™m wheezing and out of breath. Power walking is the closest I get. Helps my lung capacity as my airwayā€™s are the issue not my lungs themselves.
I do enjoy sports though. Just canā€™t play them or Iā€™ll die. First time I was made aware of that I was playing catch with my best friend in the street. I was lucky I didnā€™t die. I wasnā€™t able to breathe for 5 minutes. I passed out while using my nebulizer. Woke up in a ambulance almost at the hospital. It instilled a base fear in me to never overexert myself or risk death.

On the Monsanto thing I meant Iā€™m not dealing with the hassle of chems that have the potential to make my plants a GMO in the same way their twisted company has done to crops for a long time.
I swear itā€™s like thereā€™s someone in a lab somewhere creeping about trying to find the magical chem they can add to make all crops itā€™s used on genetically theirs now. All those poor farmers who unknowingly grew Monsanto seeds and got sued because of it.

On the fear note Iā€™m not talking about not experimenting. I have disabilities that prevent me from being a normal functional human being.i canā€™t maintain balance when Iā€™m slightly tilted forward. I fall over. The amount of times I nearly crushed the girls by almost falling on them is ridiculously high.

Something is wrong with my spine doctors refuse to look at. They think Iā€™m too young to see any serious back problems. Scoliosis runs in my family. My back is literally warped if they so much as bothered to trace my spine theyā€™d see that. Conveniently for them they stopped doing that on my physical. Actually they stopped doing all of it. Just 20 questions and bye. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but the turn your head and cough check is not supposed to stop. I canā€™t think of anyone who likes it, but itā€™s needed to check for prostate issues or something IDK. Iā€™m not a doctor.

I live in constant pain. Every step i take, every arm movement, every neck turn, and even every time I move my back period it burns. Like someone hitting me hard in the spine. IDK about you all, but that concerns me. Iā€™ve forgotten what life without pain feels like. Cannabis only helpse to push through it or even ignore it if Iā€™m lucky. It doesnā€™t always register as pain when Iā€™m high, but I can always feel it.

1 Like

thanks for not giving up :muscle: and giving in :syringe: :pill:

keep looking for more and better ā€œteachersā€, docā€™s, & phys. therapists, etc.
i got VERY lucky with my physical therapistā€¦one in a million :angel:.

:head_bandage:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I only have to give in to pills when Iā€™m on a break and Iā€™m needing something to stop a panic attack before I do something stupid. Cannabis canā€™t help me when Iā€™m out or on a break. My tolerance gets too high at times. Iā€™ll end up taking 1000-2000mg at once to calm a panic attack. Thatā€™s usually my sign I need a break. Also usually forced on me with nothing left to smoke, drink, vape, eat, and consume in any other way Iā€™m not thinking of rn.

At least on the bright side I have confirmed I donā€™t have heart palpitations at high dosesšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Iā€™ll take a win there. Heart issues run in my family. One thing Iā€™m glad I got from my dab is this body. I have back issues from my momā€™s side, but wow is my liver and kidneys a champ. 18 years of heavy meds and not once was I ever in toxicity or close. Always too low even at dangerously high doses of lithium sulfide. 7 years away from pills and Iā€™ve never felt more myself and in control of my emotions (most of which I never felt until going off pills) and my body. I was losing weight at a dangerous pace. 2k calories a day isnā€™t anywhere near enough food to keep me from losing weight.
Luckily cannabis saved me there too. I can regain my appetite as well. It really drops when all you do is eat and eat and eat and eat and eat all day just too keep from looking anorexic.

I can also retain weight a little longer when I smoke as well. I can split it between 3 Thanksgiving sized meals with small snacks in between to keep the hangry away.

1 Like

I have anxiety and panic issues. I really like a 2:1 CBD:THCA tincture. It has stopped panic attacks better than xanax (valume does nothing to me) and leaves me clear headed enough to drive and carry on with my day (dad, work, errands, etcā€¦)

4 Likes

I like the ZooMed Reptisun 10.0 bulbs for UV. They have clear guidelines on how many watts to provide how much UVB you want, over however many square feet.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to look into those. Iā€™ll get a fixture I can add side lighting with and get a few set up for supplemental lighting on my next grow

I like to stress my plants out right before harvest, by denying them water for the last week or so, and then a few days before harvest I flush the plants with ice water and ice cubes for a few days, and also leave them in the dark for the last 4 days before harvest. I have done side-by side tests with similar plants and found that the smoke is smoother, more potent and tastes better when using this method.

1 Like