Greasy's Journal

Flipped the tent last night after a good defoliation. This is the most packed I’ve let this tent get before flipping, a little nervous about the humidity situation come later flowering. At least they’ll be finishing at the end of October when the Santa Ana’s are blowing which drastically drops the humidity. I’ve only got about 15 inches of headroom below the light right now, and the tallest plant Sherbert x Wedding Cake is 24 inches. I’ve got a shorty Gorilla Grow tent, so I think I’m going to add on the 12 inch extension to make sure the plants don’t get light burned. I feel like I’m competent with growing plants these days, but I have a long way to go in terms of planning and timing my grows better. Always too excited to plant the next seed, and don’t really think about when I want to harvest or how much time I should have for seed making projects. It’s pretty hard to really see the individual plants so for my next update I’ll just show one at a time in the tent so it’s not just a hedge of plant. In terms of good news, the leaf discoloration really backed off after I adjusted the fans, and decreased the amount of water they were getting!

|Good Old Days|Sun Ra|
|Loompa’s HB x TK |Sherbert x Wedding Cake|

16 Likes

I also wanted to show how my pots have turned into rolly polly nurseries. When I water they come flooding out. It’s pretty wild!

11 Likes

Things have finally slowed down in terms of stretch in the yard. Everyone is starting to stack now. Smell wise, we are still early on, but the BB Muffin x Vintage BB F2 is the winner so far in terms of scents. Unlike her mother with the BB cereal terps, she is more BB muffins at this point. Very happy to see the BB scent has made it into the F2s! Our humidity has been pretty out of control here recently, so PM has started popping up on my plants, which I’ve begun spraying Potassium Bicarbonate on, which has seemed to have worked well in the past.

Group:

BB Muffin x Vintage BB F2

Sun Ra

Sherbert x Wedding Cake. The hungriest and thirstiest plant in the yard. I’m having a little bit of a hard time keeping her happy, but my Sherbert fallen soldier from CSI last year was my favorite smoke in the yard, so I’m very hopeful for this cross. It has the same structure as my plant last year too.

Goji OG F2 Purple Stem Pheno

Goji OG F2 Nice Structure Pheno

Goji OG F2 Stretchy Pheno. Minimum 3x stretch on this one!

24 Likes

Looking good! But holy shit, you weren’t kidding when you said you’ve got them in the front yard, were you? Haha. I took a closer look at that first pic and noticed the street parking in the background. Those plants are RIGHT THERE haha! You ever think about adding, like, some bamboo extensions or something? You can get them for pretty cheap. We added some to the little bit of wall near the grow room windows, which are right by the front door. No need really, the wall’s like six feet tall, but I’m paranoid, so… haha.

Still… Fuck, man, that shit’s right in your front yard haha! I love it.

10 Likes

So cool that the BBmuffin/vintage F2 you made is the current favorite, that’s always a really rewarding and empowering feeling! Hopefully it keeps the desirable terps. Also somehow missed you were doing this in your front yard until reading minitiger’s post… That hilarious and awesome that you’re able to do that. I walked outside last night shortly after removing some unhealthy / yellow leaves and overheard one of my neighbors say to their spouse something to the effect of “must be a skunk nearby”; prompting me to instantly go back inside haha.

10 Likes

Yep, they are right off the street big time. It does definitely make me nervous as I grow closer to harvest time, but I figure if the plants walk off, they walk off. It’s the only place I have enough sun to grow, and I’ve gotten away with it for a few seasons now. Thankfully my little neighborhood is the stereotypical place for smoking weed, so it kinda smells like weed all over the place, and I’m not the only one with a plant in street view on my block, but admittedly mine are the biggest… My landlord is real funny, she has no issue with me growing plants like this, but she will not tolerate me putting up any kind of fence or altering the basic landscaping/design of the yard. She has had me move my veggie pots like three times since I’ve moved in based on how she think it affects how the yard looks.

All my neighbors know what I’m doing, and often come by to marvel at the plants or ask questions. It’s pretty silly that I’ve gotten so bold. My first season in the yard, I had one large plant and basically surrounded it with tomato plants so that from any angle it was impossible to see, whereas now if someone walking their dog is fairly tall, they can just see my plants as they walk by. The Goji’s have definitely made me more nervous though, because they really are trying to poke up over the fence line. The one really stretchy Goji is a few inches away from getting put in the tomato patch! Hopefully nothing goes wrong and I make it all the way to October. If not, it was still a lot of fun growing em and seeing how it goes.

13 Likes

I wasn’t thinking about rippers so much as I was thinking about some lawsuit-prone parent who decided to fuck with you because their kid tore a nug off one of the plants, ate it/smoked it/whatever’d it and got sick or something. I mean, that close to the sidewalk, I’m sure you’ve already taken into consideration the possibility of thieves. You know where you are.

But if the people in your neighborhood are cool, there’s nothing to worry about. I’m not worried if you aren’t haha.

Yeah, I love SoCal landlords. A chick I used to date sent me a Craigslist post for an apartment in my old neighborhood a while back that said,”No credit check necessary; I just need to know your zodiac sign and the color of your car,” haha. I wondered,”What color car would be disqualifying…?”

12 Likes

Coming along really well and you look to be 2-3 weeks ahead of my outdoor plants, I’m just up coast from you a bit. Do you ever water with silica or Agsil 16h specifically? We can have PM here pretty bad to most plants that are prone to it and I am sure cannabis is one of them, watering with silica regularly and adding it to foliar sprays seems to keep my plants PM free.

6 Likes

That’s too funny. My landlord is definitely super out there, and for real falls into the “So Cal Landlord” description. I wasn’t nervous about lawsuits before, but now you’ve got my wheels spinning! Might be my last year at this spot anyway, so gotta enjoy it while I can.

I foliar with Agsil 16h, but haven’t used it in watering this year as it spikes my PH so badly, and I don’t really like having to adjust it down. I feel like when I’ve not monitored my PH at all, I’ve had nutrient lockout in some of my plants. Do you adjust your PH when you use AGsil 16H?

9 Likes

I don’t pay attention to the pH of the water or my soil and I don’t think I have had any lockout issues in my time growing (at least that I know of). Organic soil with good compost is a good buffer for a lot of stuff and it seems like you grow in a similar manner.

9 Likes

I think I had more issues with lockout when I was trying to grow with Fox Farm Ocean Forest, whereas now you are right, I’m growing in pure compost, amended with worm castings. I don’t love spraying buds with anything once they are flowering aside from BT, so maybe giving some silica could help me avoid that. Thanks for the tip!

10 Likes

Looking really tasty and like your staying lifted congrats on such an og, your a good mr green thumb

4 Likes

Oh for sure, IPM foliar stops within the first two weeks of flower and then it’s just BT the rest of the way, caterpillars are a pain in the ass.

Haha, for me it would be like canary or mustard yellow, orange, or neon green.

5 Likes

Dude! I said to her,”Tan, maybe…” I fucking hate those tan/gold cars haha…

6 Likes

The gorilla grow extension kit that comes with the tent is a really sweet feature. Added another 12 inches to the tent this weekend, and it was really easy to do. Plants are four days into flowering, and just starting to show their first pistils. I got in the tent to check for light leaks, and the zipper on the tent is my issue. The flaps that cover the zipper, inside and outside, don’t really stay in place, so I think it’s clear where my history with herms the past few grows have come from. I know that I can just tape the front zipper covers over nightly, but realistically I’m sure I’ll get lazy with that at some point, but I need to do something or I’ll keep getting the same results. I’m surprised the plants like it as much as they do in the tent, as I was a little claustrophobic all zipped up.

Grabbed some individual shots of the plants.

Sherbert x Wedding Cake

Good Old Days

Sun Ra

Loompa’s Headband x Triangle Kush. The slowpoke in the tent. She had gotten some stem rot early on from overwatering and too much foliar, and it took her a long time to rebound from that, but she finally did.

22 Likes

Very nice garden Greasy. Mind if I hang out here sometime?

6 Likes

Please do! Happy to have you!

6 Likes

So stoked on that Blueberry cross you made. I love those blueberry terps.

Things are looking good down there. Pinks n Purps en route to you as well. Hope they find you well.

7 Likes

The BB cross is coming along nicely! The time has come to begin my constant vigilance in the caterpillar hunt as the buds are starting to really form. Started spraying BT last week, and the white moths will not leave my plants alone! On the upside, the BB is starting to throw on some nice frost!

22 Likes

Stacking nicely!

6 Likes