Greasy's Journal

those look splendid @Greasy :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I would highly recommend this KIS Organics podcast interview all about Silicon/Silica: Episode 98: Silicon - The Essential Nutrient with Dr. Wendy Zellner – KIS Organics

There is a discussion in it about foliar vs drench. The Dr who is being interviewed recommends the drench more. Overall it’s just a very informative episode.

Plants are really looking great man!

9 Likes

As have been said, very nice work. :+1:

5 Likes

Everythings looking great and healthy but that SunRa is looking especially frosty for this stage. Are any of your SunRas (in/out) giving off strong odor as of yet? Headband x TK sounds really good too…

Thanks for posting this! Gonna DL & check it out later, sounds promising.

7 Likes

The indoor Sun Ra is definitely giving off some loud smells. She is very sweet smelling, between berry and like a sweet tart candy. I am really impressed with how she is frosting up for how early on things are. Definitely the frostiest of the four. Only downside is I keep snapping her little branches when I move her in and out the tent. Can’t see it in the photos but she has electrical tape on a few of her branches, trying to keep them upright

I am very hopeful for this one. I grew out one of these last fall, and it was the best plant I’ve ever grown from seed. I’m pretty taken with CSI, which I guess shows as 3/4 plants in this tent are his.

22 Likes

Those last two bud pics are awesome!
I just zoomed in for a close look. Trichomes on top of trichomes! Pretty colors as well.
:+1:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

5 Likes

Adler Tag! :eagle:

Won’t be long, maybe another week or so. Will be doing your GDP here among other things.

17 Likes

Woot! I love me some GDP. I haven’t burnt any weed yet today. GDP it is. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yee Haw!

I’m going to have to thank you again bro!
:pray:

13 Likes

Boytris. It breaks my heart every time. Showed up in the Sun Ra and the Sherbert x Wedding Cake. I hate harvesting plants early. I’m hoping it came from last nights spray down of BT. Will be checking the plants thoroughly daily now, and if keep seeing it down they’ll come. Goji’s and the BB aren’t as dense and seem to be faring better so far.

17 Likes

f*ck that sucks sorry man :peace_symbol:

8 Likes

That’s OK, it’s just part of outdoor growing where I am. I hate seeing it, but it’s just the price we pay to grow bud here. These two have been flowering for 8 weeks, so if I can squeeze them one more I’ll be satisfied, and if they don’t make it much longer, once I smoke them, I’ll still be satisfied. It’s a win win really.

12 Likes

Feeling like Bubbles today. “I hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, looking after them, talking to them, I don’t like harevesting them though”

Took down the Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry F2 at 8.5 weeks flowering. She did pretty well in terms of mold resistance. Lost a few buds to caterpillars, but I think this is a good one to run outside as the buds aren’t all that dense.

Her final moments:

I also took down the tops off the Sherbert x Wedding Cake. Boytris was spreading rapidly on her, so cut my losses and took off the tops, and will hopefully let the lowers go another week or two to bulk up. She is so dense and sticky. Glad I’ve got one inside going to see what it’s like with a proper finish

Before:

After:

21 Likes

Looking ripe enough to me, good harvest nonetheless! :+1:
Every gram is a gram we have!

8 Likes

Sun Ra is really starting to frost and fatten up for me. I don’t seem to be able to take photos of my outdoor plants that I feel reflect the true frostyness that I can get in taking pictures of indoor plants. She is still a strange mix of smells being, citrusy, chemmy, and fresh cut grass. I’ve found a few spots of boytris on her, strangely in her lowers and not the larger buds. Putting her on harvest watch, but I think she would really shine if she got another two weeks. Trichs are cloudy so she is harvestable if need be. She’s been a really easy plant to grow and always was the most cheerful of the bunch.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen between my indoor and outdoor, and was generously given another pack of Sun Ra by @syzygy, which I popped this weekend. Going to try and do a little f2 project and see what good stuff I can find!

22 Likes

Lovely plant!

5 Likes

You’ve been killing it with your outdoor stuff. I’m jealous! Keep up the good work! Looks like my outdoor plants still have a few weeks to go. I see plenty of frost on those girls though. The Botrytis sucks, but looks like there was pretty good resistance to it. Have you had anyone try to steal your plants, being in the front yard and all? I’m nervous enough about someone hopping my fence to the backyard and yanking my plants…

9 Likes

Thank you both! I’m having fun!

I have not had anyone try and steal my plants. I always figured it would happen and that would be the end to my outdoor growing, but I’ve had plants constantly out there for three years now and no issues. Tons of people come through our yard for deliveries and stuff so I figured sooner or later some plants would walk off. The smell of my plants has now spread to three houses down, so even though it’s been smooth sailing the past years, I’m always relieved when they are finally harvested and I stop stinking up the street! Put up some pics of your outdoor ladies on your log so we can see those big gals!

13 Likes

Looking good man! Outdoor pics are always hard, I find taking photos before the sun starts hitting them with direct light in the morning or in the evening makes the flowers less stark and easier to capture.

7 Likes

The Goji OG F2 good structure/flopper pheno is going to be harvested in the next couple days, along with the Sun Ra. Boytris is continuing, so Thursday or Friday will get the chop. Nice chunky buds on this one that have a musky berry scent to it.

17 Likes