GroBucket Sips question

Is anyone using grobuckets with the irrigation system they sell for indoors?

2 Likes

Straight crickets out this mf…guess nobody has one.

I am curious about auto watering but ive just been looking around havent committed to anything yet. I set a watch on this thread hoping to also see what people are doing with their watering setups

1 Like

I am using grobuckets but not familier with the irrigation system you are referring to. Personally I wouldn’t want my buckets to automatically refill as I find the buckets keep the soil a bit wet to my liking and leave them to dry before refilling. I also have to PH my water before refilling as my tap water is way out of line in PH.
Questions?

1 Like

All that sounds pretty reasonable. I see your point about how wet they stay. I’m still interested in trying at least for a few out door. The virginia sun is brutal and it can be tuff to stay on top of watering. Indoors it might be nice to have for getting away for long weekends.etc.
Doesn’t have to be used constantly. It’s just a float valve that goes in the bucket and is fed by gravity. Just keeps it topped up to an adjustable level. Really admire your work with the GB. Always happy looking plants.

I’d post a link to the system if I knew how to do that on here

In my OD grows I want my plants to get large, it’s the reason for growing OD so i can increase my yield per plant since I am legally bound to only do so many plants in veg and so many in flower. Growing OD in a grobucket would defeat that purpose as the amount of soil and stability of the buckets will only allow for plants a certain size. Six or seven feet indoor is a big plant but OD I am looking for 12-15 ft plants. Here is a picture of my typical outdoor plant:

1 Like

Lol you couldn’t grow that in a 5 gallon bucket? I’m afraid my neighbors would flip out if I grew anything half that size. Od is new for me.

Some clones of these OD is the plan.

If you are limited in how tall they get then top frequently while in the vegetive state and allow for the bottom limbs to grow out instead of cutting the limbs off as in your ID picture. This will allow for multiple tops and a much wider plant but limit the hiegth of the plant. Personally I would leave a bit more leaves on my plants but to each their own in methods.

Here is a pic of what I am talking about:

IMG_0825

3 Likes

I been hacking mercilessly. Luckily they’re still sorting out reveg so vertical growth has been a little easier to cope with. When they go in the GB they’ll blow up I’m sure.