Grow room build design ideas

I have taken over an “extra” room in the back of the house with only minimal complaints from the wife, so far.
If I’m lucky I can get her to agree to letting me completely remodel the room. I currently plan on stripping the room clean and building out separate areas for veg/clone/mothers and flower.
My flower room will remain a 6 plant RDWC setup with enough space between plants to really let them bush out. I will use DWC for the veg and my bubble-cloner. I think it will be easier to keep the mothers in soil and may use my 4x4 tent for them.
I have a 10’ x 11’ room to work with. I’d like to pull the carpeting out and tile the floor or use some other waterproof type of floor cover.
I now have 2 spiderfarmer 4000 lights that I plan on using for flower, 3 plants per light. I am initially planning on using several fluorescent lights I already have for veg/clone/mother area but could potentially upgrade later just to be able to stop buying those stupid large bulbs.
I will be posting pics of my process and will almost certainly get better at dodging flying objects coming from my wifes direction, or learn to live with head trauma.

7 Likes

I just got done with a very similar project. You can check it out here:

2 Likes