Growing in the swamp

Gday growers
Hoping someone can help , growing in a swamp with a ph of 4.5,the plants did kinda alright and I think a hit of lime early so it can do it’s thing over winter I might be in a chance for some good plants. How much is the question per cubic meter or I don’t know? What ever real world experience on liming up acid soils PLEASE
Western Australian bush grower

13 Likes

Welcome to OG, @BillMollison!

I suggest you post some pictures. That would be most helpful.

1 Like

Welcome to the og @BillMollison happy to have you here!

I’m not sure how to answer your main question but wanted welcome you. I agree with pics. It definitely can help!

I use 2 tablespoons per cubic foot, 7 gallons of soil.

1 Like

I’m stoned,do you mean a real swamp?

If so pick another spot.

Plants don’t like soggy soil, a rainy spell could flood them.
Soil in swamps are shit.
You have saltys in that part of Oz?

Gl forgive my buzz

Swamp tubes are conical tubes or mounds where you contain the soil in some fashion to stack it up.Make it tall enough to give the plants some dry root space above the wetness. Swamps can be great because of sun coverage, but present unique soil challenges. If you can bring in some extra soil for mounds or tunes you would want it on the base side to mix with the acidic soil. Start a compost pile and add lime and bone meal for next season, I believe your current season is near ending. GL

3 Likes

Swamp tubes do sound good just sounds like a lotta work to carry in new soil,250 meters from where I can get my truck
But I am thinking about it, I’ve always thought it would need to be a pretty big tube to comfortably get a pound, it’s basically a pot with water at the bottom

2 Likes