Going to try my hand at some outdoor guerilla grows this coming season. Any Advice?

So, I can’t currently grow outdoors at my spot and I REALLY want to. So I’ve decided to try my hand at some guerilla grows this season. I’ve found a few spots that seem good. Any advice for prepping the sites?

15 Likes

My current plan is just to dig some holes and fill with some happy frog to help get the seedlings/clones going

4 Likes

One spot has a gigantic 100-150 ft rock that would be perfect to throw some huge pots ontop of too…great for sunlight but not sure how if that might draw more attention lolol probably gonna give it a shot anyhow

3 Likes

Check out the Siberian grow posted here… amazing effort.

Your threats are thieves, pests, law, weather, etc

The irresponsible people in nor cal will poison all the wildlife & shoot them to protect a crop. :man_facepalming:

If possible, disperse them so if found they won’t all go away.

Turn off phones, no noisy keys/etc … camo & flat black(no reflective stuff), tape the shoe soles…

& on & on.

Organic amendments often attract animals…ie blood/bone meal…

:evergreen_tree:

13 Likes

Appreciate it, @cannabissequoia I’ve found 3 or 4 spots in about a 15 mi radius. So hopefully if 1 or 2 is found I’ve got another 1 or 2 that are secure :crossed_fingers: I don’t plan on poisoning anything and I certainly won’t shoot nobody over these crops. Appreciate the tips :pray:

3 Likes

Overplant and figure some will be lost to rippers, pests, animals etc.

I minimize care. Constant care creates obvious trails to the garden. BRIGHT green plants stand out in the fall when everything else is turning colors. I barely worry about any trimming till august, and then its to prevent leaves from falling / sitting on buds (causes bud rot FAST!)

Prepare your planting hole. Some manure on the bottom separated by a decent layer of soil, will go a long way to getting some nutes later in the summer (dont plant right in manure, WAY too hot and will fry plants),

DONT put the pots on that large rock unless you REALLY like watering. The rock will heat up, and the pots lose water much faster than in-ground plantings. In fact, I prefer to use no pots for guerilla, they are an obvious sign of whats going on and make work.

Deer and people deterrents include planting in thick pricker bushs. If you dont wanna walk thru it, someone is not gonna wander thru it. Tie down the plants so they are harder to see / shape is harder to discern (a nice tall bright green sativa christmas tree is OBVIOUS as hell in the fall).

15 Likes

Don’t show anybody no matter how cool it is.

23 Likes

What they all said up is just on point!! Treat it as if you were in warfare, also try varieties that are kinda wild-weed or super resistant so you dont have to be constantly on them, and if you want real real og guerrilla use the forest soil, the black one that is under the natural mulch nature creates, that its just gold, and plus you get out the effort of going with soil bags there and all that stuff, and really important, cover your footsteps and everything

4 Likes

Also this is n1 thing, a lot of people has been busted because they are really proud of their grow

8 Likes

Or they get ripped… by the very people they shared it with…

3 Likes

Word there! I’ve even seen that on indoor grows, sometimes by some guy the wife had an affair with lol
Stay safe out there y’all!!

4 Likes

OOOF! takin your weed AND your woman… DAMN

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: If that happens I guess none of those where yours in the beggining lol, in fact the humillation with the weed they did him was hard, they took extraction equipment, growing equipment, live plants… but they left there like a couple nutes bottles :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: in case you wanna start again

5 Likes

Dig your holes and leave them open for a week or two. Critters will go through the soil to get grubs and bugs, if your plants are in there at the time they will dig up your plants to get to them. Once they go through the soil once or twice they usually won’t be back if they find none.
Be diligent about picking the right strain for your area. Late in the season a lot of area’s will be susceptible to mold, so you may want to pick strains that are more mold resistant.
Also make sure you pick a strain that will finish in time, Winter waits for no man and it only takes a few frosts to kill a plant.

Good luck on your endeavor……

15 Likes

Pick a road with minimal traffic but well wooded on both sides.
You take one 12 inch tall plant at a time with someone else driving, they stop like your gonna take a pee, you enter woods 25 feet and plant. Don;t worry about canopy clearance, it will find its way.
Plant/Repeat a bunch of times and come back when your sure they should be ripe. Again one plant at a time retrieved, if you get caught during one of these pickups (Which I Have) you can say you went to take a pee and saw the plant and grabbed it. (They told me I was lucky they didn’t arrest me and to throw plant into ditch next to road, 100 ft drop., hiked back next day and got it. I was 19)

Use mile markers or gps to choose spots, no spot is special, just a location that is easily found and easily accessed.

If you lose a few plants at least you’ll know they went to somebody who just had to pee!

10 Likes

Tell know one and find wetlands were no one will want to walk into the area. If doing this in MI you know that just about everything is populated with peeps now days, unless your way up north.

3 Likes

I remember Guerilla Growing in the early 70’s as a kid in LA. They almost always got taken. Now I live in Southern Canada and have no need to Guerilla Grow as I grow at home. And my hobby is Breeding Weed, so once a year my less than perfect seeds get tossed. Yesterday I just spread 1000 plus seeds in 3 places by my nature trail. If they make it the kids can have fun as most of it is Very High THC. I just want to see a wave of green for kicks.

7 Likes

No more than 50 plants to a spot and scatter them, not too far from a water source, under the edges of trees, coco coir so you do not have to water as often. Leave nothing manmade visible. Stinging nettles and blackberry are good soils for pot. Park your car away from the trail you take and next to a trail you don’t, Early as you can in the mornings. Get a trail cam and hide it well so you can see who has been there, Some big cat scent for deer . Expect to lose at least half and good luck

5 Likes

An old tip I was given, in wooded areas, look for briar patches. They get a good amount of direct sunlight throughout the day. The ground they’re growing in is fertile and the big critters won’t go in them.

Don’t use organics, it’ll attract digging critters. Consider using Osmocote or similar time release on a few if you want to fertilize. Transplant healthy plants in with finger size stalks. Critters will take a nibble of out of the ordinary things, they usually don’t like the taste, but they don’t know that until they take a little bite.

Don’t plant in pots, ideally you want to make as few visits as possible and pots will need to be watered. Don’t disturb the area much by clearing stuff back. Don’t plant patches, the chance of being found increases exponentially versus just one big mama. The choppers look for things out of the ordinary like garbage, planted in patterns, large openings in the tree tops, worn in trails in the middle of nowhere, exposed dirt leftover from the holes you dig.

A bit contrary to the tell no-one advice is (which is good advice), do not leave a car parked on the side of the road or unattended. Get dropped off. Don’t be seen walking down the side of the road in the middle of nowhere as the people who live nearby will almost definitely think you’re up to no good. Just don’t ever take anyone directly to where your stuff is.

10 Likes

Sounds like your on the right path never put all your plants in the same spot and always remove what the garbage you bring in

3 Likes