Swamp Weed Technique

My friend told me a bout a method he used, which he claimed produced fist-sized cola buds…

It’s basically a potted plant in a 15 gallon pot,
With the pot sitting inside a cut-out wooden pallet, using peat and perlite, and floated out to the middle of a well-lit swamp, and left to its own devices for the summer. According to Buddy, it was some of the best he’s even seen produced.

Anybody heard of and/or tried this before?

8 Likes

I’d think before the season is up between the weight of the pot and the pallet would get water logged and sink

9 Likes

@SmknCanuck has a similar technique I think for growing in marsh/swamp/bulrushes. He detailed it on Overgrow 1.0. Perhaps he can elaborate on it!

7 Likes

Hoping he chimes in…sounds cool with lots of variables and problem solving.

3 Likes

I remember that

3 Likes

You guys are awesome… There is no thing you wont try,nno problem you wont conquer, no wonder professors at AG uni tell students to study cannabis grow forums for advices on indoor techniques… Just amazing… <3

9 Likes

Take sewer pipe push it into the bottom so it stays there. Fill past the water height with clay pebbles or pea gravel then the remainder with 20 percent vermiculite and 80 percent perlite and then plant your clone into tthe top.

7 Likes

Next spring when i get up.north i am going to try that and see what happens should be interesting

Peace out and stay safe

4 Likes

Up at the lake, we look for a commonly found dead tree stump that’s partly submerged, near the shoreline. Put stainless steel, or fiberglass screen or fabric bag inside the stump (they are hollow) at about water level. Fill the stump with organic super soil mix and a clone, water once when you plant. Only worry is rippers…location location location…important you are in a good fishing lake too, right?BTW I find swampy water will give you swampy weed, crappy water makes crappy tasting weed,…LOL

6 Likes

I remember someone on old og who would go out to swamps when they were frozen in the winter. He’d drag out bales of promix with a snowmobile and open them up to make lumps of promix on the ice in strategic spots. Come spring there would be these relatively dry islands of promix that he planted in, the roots would eventually get down to the swamp water and they wouldn’t have to be watered all summer. Pretty genius!

3 Likes

Innovation, dedication or just plain boredom caused that??? Boy I’m goin with dedication:boredom but Kudos. Imagine seeing this dude while ice fishing…LMAO

7 Likes

That’s what I was thinking!
Just avoid anywhere there’s beavers! Or so I’ve read :rofl:

3 Likes

Beavers are dangerous just ask @Sebring to see his battle wound . Word from the owl stay the F away from beaver teeth .

9 Likes

Agreed, don’t f*ck with beavers. :rofl:

Any media that can wick water up to the roots will work for growing in a swamp.

8 Likes

Your really heading north aren’t you. Why not south

Been in fla 20 years famoly up north i want to do some descent trout fishing and ya can grow legally in maine

2 Likes

Sounds great brother! Good luck on your venture!

1 Like

Thankyou
Peace out and stay safe

2 Likes

Hey happy new year thanks for the xmas card but…what ot TO and KQ

PEACE OUT AND STAY SAFE.

DON

Happy new year to you too! I don’t understand. Pm me if something is wrong

1 Like