High and medium stress training

did some high and medium stress training today. I either squish the stems and bend them or twist and snap the branch than bend it. In my overgrown nightmare I have too many plants that I can’t move until my equipment shows up. I start to bend in one direction than I bend the next plant to fill the hole the last plant made. I also like to f.i.m as you might see

6 Likes

Weee liiiiiiike iiit!!!

4 Likes

Jajajjajaa muy chistoso amigo!!! :rofl:

I do mainly LST and HST. But ill never ever top a plant after reading “what a plant knows”

1 Like

Me either, only on mother plants. Fim is the way to go!

1 Like

Ive never had sucess with fimming before. Ive followed all the guides and pics and all i get is an untopped plant and some chopped off leaves or just two tops and some chopped leavesXD

Bro, fimming is the way to go. Do it right and you can slow the main shoot as much or litte as you want. I will take pictures tomorrow of how to do it and not do it.

3 Likes

Do it up. Maybe ill try it on the magnum platinum haze. I have a hard time cutting the eye of the plant off. One day you should try growing a seed, take cuts and use these cuts for a test. No topping half. Just tie the top down. The other half cut off the eye. Now grow them both to your best extent. Then when you get your harvest try them both and see which tastes better. Ive read a bunch of studies done using basil, mints, and some other plants and the terpenes were much stronger and more abundant in the plants that kept their eye vs the topped ones. Pretty cool. Ill post the studies if i can find them:)

1 Like

Yea, You are going too deep i imagine. You just want to clip a little bit. First time I saw a fim before fim was a fim was in the 90’s living in the midwest. I used to gorilla grow in corn fields. The problem was always deer. I would hang socks with bars of soap in them for smells so the deer wouldn’t come, but, they like that good green too! So what i ended up doing was putting my seedlings and small plants in bird cages. When the tops would come through the bird cage they would bite the tops, and one didn’t get the whole shoot, he fimed it . It had the teeth marks on the leafs when they grew out.

3 Likes

Dude that reminds me of my first defoliation try.

My cat wouldnt eat her food. And i left my door open for a minute. She ate each fan leafXD

3 Likes

yeah fimming is always hit or miss with me, sometimes i end up with 3 or 4 but 2 at the least lately ive just been doing normal topping top everything thats highest every couple days

2 Likes

I just slash and hack as needed to shape my girls the way I want them. FIM is 50/50 and nothing bad happens either way so why not try.

If you carefully fold back the new and soon to become fan leaves before cutting you can get those four shoots without the mangled leaves surrounding them. Totally cosmetic tho and will not make a difference to growth or yields.

Very fine scissors and steady hands are needed to make such a precise cut or just pinch off the tips with your fingernails like I do and hope for the best!

1 Like