Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Sounds like a good start for a BX2 :wink:

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

Yeah no joke! Tom Hill’s ~30+ years of spinning the wheels over there and not producing anything better than what he started with :see_no_evil: Outside of the random herm, the best lines of the past were all selectively bred. Everything great Nevil produced were 1:1 matings. That’s what I try to do too. It’s why I’m years and over 100 beans in to my SSDD project and haven’t really gotten anywhere past the BX1 yet. Need the right parents.

100%

:fire: I really think you’re gonna like those a lot

Yes please!

Ooh nice! I don’t feel off about them/the breeder, I just can’t find anything at all about him or his work really. Who it is, history, nada. I got the pack a couple years back off SoaknBeans along with a pack of his Katsu Bubba Kush BX2. Kakalak usually vets the gear he carries so I wouldn’t think it’s bunk or anything, just wondering.

9 Likes

Untitled

“The Gang Debates who’s Haze is the Best”

I am a masochist so I still post in that thread… its kind of fun to watch the chaos. I want to find my Pepe Silvia…

13 Likes

Yeah definitely the thought!
Along with working with a buddy this spring/summer on finding a nice TriForce male to make our own TK BX1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Hey Holy I have heard you mention your SSDD project a few times now. Is there a post in thread you could point me to where you talk about it some more. I tried searching the thread for SSDD but it was a tad overwhelming.

I know you talk about the pain relieveiung properties… just curious what else you are trying to achieve with the project.

I always like hearing from people that have a PLAN when breeding.

6 Likes

Ah for sure! There’s some more info in the SSDD F2 BX1 co-op thread that sadly got closed a year or so ago

Basically, I found a sport in the SSDD F2’s that Sebring had made in 2018 that closely matches what Bodhi talks about his SSDD keepers being like. Sour butter and blueberry kush muffin scents. Melts the nerve pain in my hands, arms, and back(Carpel Tunnel, Tendonitis, fucked disc at T6-T7) in only a puff or two. She’s pretty decently potent, not mids at all, dumps the hash, and doesn’t put you to sleep. Not the best plant growing-wise in the line by any means, but the flower quality, scents, and effects are top-notch from it. My goal is to make this plant into a seed-line so that every resulting female has at least most of the flavor/scents, and more importantly, that they ALL carry the same or better level of pain relief. I wanna be able to know that I can pop any seed and any girl that comes out of that seed-line will do what I need it to do, in the event something happens to the keeper.

I have spent over 2 years popping SSDD F1s(3+packs) and F2’s(60+) trying to find a male that’s just like her, but I haven’t had any luck yet. I also looked for a better girl, or a twin to her while I was at, and have also come up empty handed there. I found damn near everything else in the line. I’ve found plants that have half her traits, like maybe all the sour butter, but no blueberry kush muffins to speak of, or vice versa. Varying pain relief, lot of put you to sleep herb, some beastly chemy/og plants with skunky/funky odors, some straight bubba leaners, and a decent amount of mids, but no other sour butter+blueberry kush muffins plant.

In the midst of all the searching, I was doing a separate pollination and a tiny amount of Starlite(A5Haze S1 x 89 NL5) pollen got on her and made 3 seeds. I popped the first one and got one of the best males I’ve found to date (RIP). He had a lot of her traits and was better than the males I had found in the pure SSDD line, so I used him to make a BX1. Later I popped the last two seeds and found a nice girl. Last thing that male did was make F2’s with her.

The BX1’s are nice and mostly meet my expectations there. The Starlite kept the high almost entirely daytime oriented. Improved her structure. Improved her yield. Added some tropical fruit into the mix… but it also cut down the pain relief to maybe half the phenos having it decently. I’ve been through 20 or so of those myself, and seen quite a few packs grown out, but not seen the male I’m looking for yet in those. Thinking I may just need to find the best I can to make a bx2 and then maybe f2 that to find her again. Not sure yet.

I’ve made some other crosses with her that should be worth looking into too, like her crossed to OG’ers and/or Kryptonite, but haven’t gotten to those yet. I still have 40 or so pale SSDD F2’s left to look through before I give up on making a pure F3 line. Absolute worst case, I might use a bodhi SSDD cross but not sure yet there either. More work to do!

18 Likes

@TopicalWave my main tent is rife with @HolyAngel 's SSDD F2 BX1 if you wanted to see plants on week 4 flowering. :ok_hand:

The entire basement smells like sweet buttered fruit!!!

10 Likes

Yeah, I was a sucker that fell for that shit! Had my large flowering room full(50-60 plants) of THH and not a single plant where mind-blowing, I would say that any of ace pure sativa lines where better and from all the hazes I’ve grown, Nevilles Haze from MNS is still the best one. I don’t care that it’s NL in it, it still have a much stronger high then THH. What peeves me is that in the process of marketing, he and his gang is trashing everyone else’s work and try to push people to not buying that gear. That’s just pure malicious.

7 Likes

Yeah, there isn’t a single “breeder” that posts in that thread that I’d ever consider supporting, not that any have anything worth supporting anyways…

I remember I was playing with the idea of buying some of his haze seeds back in 06-08 - whatever year the Vanilluna / Cocoa kush from DJ was released, same time REZ dropped his chem / sd stuff @ Seedboutique and connoisseur genetics was releasing sssdh. At that time Gypsy was using a purple leaf outdoor picture of his haze to advertise it (which according to TH is a trash pheno). Never saw anything impressive come from that massive drop on ICMAG either. It’s one of the few seeds I was looking at buying back then that I don’t have any regrets about skipping.

Now that clones can freely move around there really isn’t any valid excuse anymore. The community as a whole would benefit from a “put up or shut up” attitude on these sorts of claims. To me the thread comes across as a venue for low quality “breeders” participating in a muti-level marketing scheme. See very few people on the ICMag thread or addicted to haze thread who don’t appear to be financially motivated in some way.

7 Likes

Thanks for the rundown. It sounds like a very worthy project and a very special SSDD expression you have there. The buttered blueberry muffin smell has me drooling. I really need to grow some more balanced hybrids compared to the almost exclusively NLD stuff I have been running. One day perhaps Ill have the chance to run your SSDD when you find your white whale male.

Untitled

I am sure you will get there eventually you seem mighty determined. Best of luck, Ill be lurkin here watching :slight_smile:

@LonelyOC Sorry to hear about the disappointing THH run you had. I am really starting to believe that Haze is best as a hybrid of some sort. My desire to run a pure haze is waning for sure. It seems to better as genetic material than smokeable material… You should post your report in the Haze thread so I can watch some of that chaos unfold. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I didn’t wanna say the name, but yeah, that dude is legitimately dumb. Just not a very bright guy at all. Reading his posts made me be like,”Okay, I wanna be sure to avoid whatever it is that he’s smoking…”

That’s funny. Personally, I couldn’t take it anymore. Just for my own mental health haha, I had to get off of that thread. It was good for a while and then I just felt stupider after the “Haze Experts” showed up and started posting.

I do, too.

Live and learn.

I was just re-reading all the strain descriptions on their site two days ago, just for fun haha. I actually have a couple packs of their seeds in my fridge, been there for a couple years, but I may plant some of them two-rounds from now.

That’ll be in August… haha.

5 Likes

That is the only thing I took away from THH, the Purple males are purpling up early, so they are easy to pick and combine with purple females to make a pure purple haze line.

You’re too kind. Funny thing is that after doing that run, I was like still, damn I had to few plants :rofl: Took awhile for me to understand that it was just smoke and mirrors.🫣

Awesome, what do you got stashed? :metal:t2:

6 Likes

A couple packs of that Tikal, the Guatemalan x Kush/Haze. I dunno what the Kush/Haze portion of the cross actually is, but I’m a big fan of Mexican and Central/South American stuff, so… I think it’ll turn out good. It sounds interesting, anyway.

I don’t wanna talk about it too much right now, though, because every time I start talking about stuff I get roped into planting it and I don’t wanna commit to planting those seeds just yet haha.

7 Likes

@minitiger Never grew Tikal, but I’ve tried a progeny, Guawi. Super giggle weed, felt like I was young again where you couldn’t stop laughing at stupid shit.

Yeah, I’ll behave, hope you give them a go sometimes. Would be cool to see how they flower out.

8 Likes

no idea but every elite breeder started somewhere! pop those babies!

fingers crossed on the tests

2 Likes

That one sounded good. The whole ordering process from Ace was kind of a pain in the ass, though, but I would’ve ordered that one, too, probably, if it wasn’t such a hassle.

Did you log that grow? I’d like to check it out if you did.

Yeah, that’s been my experience with pretty much everything I’ve grown (or smoked) that was (supposedly) from Mexico and Central/South America. I LOVE that kind of high, definitely my favorite. Doc’s Mexican Melon and one of the C. Gold x Dragon Energy plants I grew were like that.

I really oughta plant more of that shit… haha.

5 Likes

I’ve smoked it, a old friend of mine was the grower. He’s a even more ACE fanboi then me :laughing: I haven’t been in his grow for years so I can’t say anything about the actual grow. But if I had more headspace in my grow, I would definitely indulge in growing some of these lines!

This really makes me want to take a closer look into Hyp3rids gear!

Thanks for the recommendation.

Yeah, these type of highs are really awesome and it’s something I really can miss from time to time.

5 Likes

Have you ran his gear before or know anyone that has? His whole site and etc. reads like straight hype/marketing to me, so I’ve never gotten anything from him. Not seen any personal reports either.

This is what I spent most of my day on today

Built from scratch. Basically converted my fertilizer calculator spreadsheet into a Windows app. You can create and save your own mixes from available fertilizers listed, that will show up in the drop-down box. All in grams or milliliters per gallon. Still have some things to do on it tho. I might be able to convert it to a phone app later :thinking:

13 Likes

Trust your instincts, dude.

1 Like

Actually when I think about it, I can’t recall. It’s the Heirloom lines I’ve been thinking of mainly. Not really interested in any of his hybrids. Tbh, I don’t know if it’s the old Web designer in me, but I don’t really agree on his site. I mean it’s easy to hire people on fiverr to get a very modern ecommerce WP going, it doesn’t have to reflect on the actual cultivars. Especially if they are collected and reproduced. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes