Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Lol, that color really reminds me of the 5haze line I grew. Maybe there is something to it that Chem 4 is a NL5 cross.

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

What is that Holy? Sex testing? or Viriod? I know you have had some nasty problems with mosiac right?

2 Likes

Oh I 100% believe the Chem #4 is Chem91 x NL5Haze. Really the #1-#4
I also 100% believe the Chem D is Chem91 x Afghani.
I don’t think for a second they came from the same beans the 91 came from.

5 Likes

Viroid testing. Gonna test for HLVD to decide if i’m chopping and bleaching the whole room or continuing with what I’ve got :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Well Im crossing my fingers for you as well. As much as it is shitty that the virus is widespread it is nice that lots of people have access to tests like that. We have come a long way in some ways, but in others not so much. I wonder if perhaps legalization is part of the reason HLVD and other viroids seems to have exploded, so many people buying and trading cuts, not to mention large cut farms that have spread it far and wide Dark Heart i think if i remember right is one).

6 Likes

Yeah, I think the D is crossed with the old Garlic Bud. But the original garlic bud is an pure afghan, so it fits with your observations aswell.

On another note I send you so much good wishes and karma for an negative outcome of the tests :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks guys! We’ll see what happens. It’s definitely rampant and I’ll likely not be taking in any clones again unless they’re tested first. I have a couple to flower to see and likely going all seeds after that.

If all the tests come back negative and nothing is infected… I’ll need to figure out what’s going on with my setup to cause the strange growth I’ve been seeing :thinking:

9 Likes

There’s a Nevil quote that I read where he mentions how he thinks there is a common ancestor between Maple Leaf and the Afghani used in the original breeding of Skunk. Another quote where he mentions Super Skunk being the biggest seller in terms of number of seeds.

I’d imagine the work dogless shared with Nevil has a lot to do with the chems and sours of the world. It seemed to be a bridge between the underground breeding work of the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s in California into the present day where Holland played a significant role in between.

Just thinking out loud here, what if not only the Afghani in the dogless stuff shares ancestry with the original Afghani in Skunk, what if it also shares a pedigree with the Afghani that Steve Murphy gave to Greg and the NL crew?

The NL crew supposedly only got a small amount of seeds from Steve Murphy. Nevil is famous for his 1:1 breeding schemes. Maple Leaf stuff supposedly came from Oakland or around that area, Northern California. Northern California, Washington, Oregon seem to have cannabis ties throughout history.

It’s worth noting that back in the day there weren’t very many indoor gardening supply stores. Steve Murphy opened one of the first! I’d think it’s likely he shared seeds with more than just Greg and the NL crew. If all roads are leading to Rome, it’s got me thinking that Steve Murphy probably had some pretty good stuff!

First pic of the dude I can find, he’s in a tye dye T-shirt at what looks like 50 or 60 years old. Fan of the grateful Dead too perhaps? Maybe friends of his? All to speculate and say I think you’re onto something. Many blessings and much love

5 Likes

@Sbeanonnamellow As I understand it, the garlic bud cutting was from US and the garlic bud clone are garlic bud x nevilles skunk dad. Which in a sense makes his garlic bud line a super skunk type. There is just something about the look of this plant and the description that makes me think of some of the difference between 91 and D. It’s all speculations ofcourse, I’m in no position of making any claims.

I get what you are saying, as you are saying there is a lot of clues pointing these indicas to the Cali/Oregon area. I have to say that the Afghan #1 Sam said is in skunk really sucked, imo. It didn’t breed any good, many of the unwanted traits where dominant. So Jim Ortega was the one bringing the good Afghans, does anyone have a clue where he got hold of them and if he got any ties to Steve Murphy?

9 Likes

DJ Short mentions that the garlic-flavored bud was found from seeds in weed imported from Guerrero, Mexico and grown in the PNW. Here’s the (re-posted) article: Strains of Yesteryear by DJ Short - THCFarmer

Good read all-around, one of my favorites.

9 Likes

Alright, like 120 something dollars later :unamused:

Got all 5 vials filled with 4 or so roots from each tray, packaged up and scheduled for Next Day Air delivery to the testing site. Hopefully get there Thursday morning and maybe get results back Friday. Worst case, Monday. They say they need 24-48hrs to get the results.

I’m testing the TK, C91/Chem 4, Chem D/Black River OG, and the C5SS/SSDD.
See what happens :crossed_fingers:

23 Likes

iĺl push my thumbs thats the results are in your favor!!!:slight_smile:

5 Likes

16 Likes

Anyone know anything about Cutthroat Genetics? Got a pack of these I’m eyeing for potential room restart…

15 Likes

Damn, thank you for the info hookup! Super interesting!

6 Likes

That second screenshot from Nevil makes me think of that ridiculous discussion on the “Addicted to Haze” thread a while back (and that ultimately led me to be like,”Alright! I think I’m done here…” haha), where what’s-his-face kept saying how 1:20 plants of “his” Haze will end up awesome, but there was no reason to selectively breed and try to improve the odds of finding good plants. And then some other what’s-his-face tried to say that selectively breeding, choosing the best plants and working them was actually somehow “bad” haha.

Anyway… Those two tall LCH plants (is that what we’re gonna officially call them? haha) blew the FUCK up overnight. The increase in the size of the flowers is very noticeable, as is another round of white pistils, but I’m fine with that, not in a big hurry at all. I watered with coconut three days ago, I dunno if that had anything to with it, but yeah… Hoowee…

Tomorrow’s day 67, gonna take pics and post them on my log. Whenever I chop them, I’ll do a photo dump here on your thread, too.

I mean, if that’s okay with you haha…

Edit:

Eh… I think I’d skip it. Bad name for a seed company, bad logo, info lifted from a plethora of other seed/genetic sites…

12 Likes

Still looking forward to all the 2% keeper cuts to start circulating as a result of those seed releases. It’s the most impressive transformative herb in the world that renders every other variety & preference null and void after all. Those seeds were released a while back so really any day now. I’d really hate to find out that was all just marketing.

17 Likes

That TK BX1 Sounds dope! Nice

5 Likes

Only info I have is I’ve got a hot mints cuts which is supposed to be wifi mints x tk bx1 but no idea if it’s the same or similar tkbx1

3 Likes

What more needs to be said?

5 Likes