Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Actually when I think about it, I can’t recall. It’s the Heirloom lines I’ve been thinking of mainly. Not really interested in any of his hybrids. Tbh, I don’t know if it’s the old Web designer in me, but I don’t really agree on his site. I mean it’s easy to hire people on fiverr to get a very modern ecommerce WP going, it doesn’t have to reflect on the actual cultivars. Especially if they are collected and reproduced. :man_shrugging:

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

I mean the site is pretty modern, no gripe about that. But all these supposed ibl’s he has. Kona Gold, all the Mexican landraces… not exactly common things around… like, DOES he even have those? Are they actually legit? Worth running?
Or are they washed out wishes of what they should be? 🤷 like THH :joy:
He’s got a lot of marketing on those pages but that’s about all I can find on any of his gear too. If they were confirmed legit and worth doing something with, I might grab a pack or two, as-is, I find it a bit hard to believe :thinking:

4 Likes

Thats so cool! I am just trying out salts after years of organics. I went with Jacks as my local grow shop was having a flash sale on it. Things are going okish… I was feeding the standard jacks 321 according to thier plan… but I am seeing some clawing on a few of the plants and some sort of lockout or something on another. I was feeding them around 2.2 ec at 6ph I dialed that down to 2.0, keeping epson the same and losing most of my EC with less calcium nitrate. I should have known to dial it back on a haze hybrid…

14 Likes

Ooh that looks nice! Whatcha got there?

I’m honestly not really a fan of Jack’s :sweat_smile: I have a few of their products that I’ve been trying to use up tho. I just haven’t found a mix with it that I feel gives me healthy looking plants. No matter what I do with it, there’s also some type of deficiency showing. At least in veg. I’ve seen the flower results with it from others, but I never wanted to risk my flower run to find out :joy:

I’ve grown with salts and/or hydroponically almost the entire time I’ve been growing though. One time, I did spend a year and $500 on organics. Water-only “super soil”, but I wasn’t really satisfied with the results compared to my hydro runs. So I went back to hydro and haven’t looked back since. I still have canna products, house and garden, nftg, megacrop v2 and the 2part, and the maxibloom. I’ve also ran dyna, gh 3part, flora series, cns17… and maybe a couple others :thinking: definitely been preferring the gypsum and maxibloom combo.

9 Likes

So its Kona Gold x THH from Maha… Tropical Boogie. Its going to be the best, most realest, genuine and coolest Haze and all others are bad.

But really I visited Hawaii last year and decided I wanted to try growing some Island bud. I have really enjoyed a cross made with the same male.

8 Likes

Lololol speak of the… :sweat_smile: well keep us informed on the progress please. It looks promising from here so I’ll definitely be interested in the results :eyes:

Visiting Hawaii sounds awesome!

5 Likes

If you were vegging those Boogies out @HolyAngel, just knowing the parents, what do you think I should aim for EC wise? I am wondering now if I I should even aim for like 1.8 or something.

2 Likes

I may not be the best person to ask on that :sweat_smile: I tend to feed everything the same over here. Works most of the time tho, and it does usually come out around 1.8-2 EC in veg.

3 Likes

Right on so perhaps I’m on the right track. :+1: Also anyone know who the resident autopot guru is?

3 Likes

Yeah, I might have to try one pack from him, just to see. I haven’t grown that much Mexican genetics, so I don’t really know what to expect. But if I do, I’ll add it to my grow diary and we can judge together :metal:t2:

1 Like

Doug’s current flower run has been experiencing some issues as he’s trying out Jack’s lineup. Seems like it’s kind of a bear (:bear:) to get dialed in.
I do know folks who swear by it though.

3 Likes

Anyone bored and wanna mess with a nutrient calculator app?
This is only for Windows PC’s currently, but I think it’s at a spot I can let other’s test it.

I think it’s all good but the more eyes the better.

https://drive.usercontent.google.com/download?id=1R6M2aEAJiaSM3lG7-1ufxEwm6sSR_Kyi&export=download&authuser=0

It is a self-extracting 7zip archive that contains the app and a UserMixes.xml.

The included UserMixes.xml is prepopulated with a few mixes I’m aware of. You can delete this file if you want. If you make and save your own mix, the program will generate that file for you on-the-fly. I figure this way, we can save and share mixes/files. I might see about making an ‘import mix file’ function that will let you add someone else’s xml inside the program and it’ll parse it and add any missing mixes to your own xml, but I haven’t gotten there yet.

I’ll also look at converting it to Linux and OSX, as well as possibly a mobile app later but that’s a bit far into the future at the moment.

Any issues, insights, idea’s, requests, etc. please let me know! :heart:

14 Likes

You can use react native with tamagui to make one app for every device(iOS, android, PC and Mac OS) and publish it as a webapp :wink: Use expo if you don’t have an Mac computer.

4 Likes

I’m definitely going to play around with this when I get home.

2 Likes

Oh that sounds like fun. Likely have to do a bunch more reading for that :sweat_smile:

Right now it’s all built in visual studio on .net

2 Likes

Looks like the HLVD tests are out for delivery to the lab. So that’s good news!
Maybe I will get results back by Friday evening. Not sure if they’re open on Saturdays :thinking:
Rather have the weekend to the clean everything if I’m gonna have to do it…
Now just a bunch of wait and see :pray:

15 Likes

Oh okay, I lied. Here’s Fert Calculator v24.02.15.2 with the import function added and working :joy:

10 Likes

Working on maybe color coding the comparison table :thinking:
Unsure on colors tho…

Was thinking:
Red = Lower values ← That makes sense to me.
Green = Same value or within 1.0 decimal point of the same value ← Could just be white :man_shrugging:
Yellow or Light Blue? = Higher value ← Unsure on this one too
Zero = White

Could also likely do some type of number gradient… Like if it’s within so many digits it’ll change the color accordingly :thinking:

8 Likes

I run Octo’s and Jacks has been great, by far my best results.

I think the Jacks love boils down to Octopot’s uses and the ease of it all.

I do use @Jetdro method as well which I believe influences things.

8 Likes

Hi @jakeyfbaby, thanks I trhink octos and autopots are close enough it should be similar. Im hopinmg I can get things dialed here.

Welcome to OG bud. I truly think this is the best forum around. I will have to check out @Jetdro’s thread it sounds like…

3 Likes