How do you cope with pain.. without painkillers

Yup. I’ll always try to have some Oaxaca. Like you said, smoke all day and never be tired. And another thing you pointed out, the attitude adjustment, is really just as important. Pain can cause depression. Oaxaca heals you all around. It really is amazing stuff. It takes a little longer flowering, but if it kills your pain and puts a smile on your face who gives a s***. Small price to pay for less pain imo. You’ve made some Oaxaca crosses haven’t you? Find any of those work as well with less flower time?
2 votes Oaxaca and 2 votes purple kush. Now who is going to cross these two and see if there is some extra pain free magic happening…?i don’t like weed hangovers… but whatever is inside that purple kush that puts you to sleep is probably very medicinal…

12 Likes

I’m not much of a sativa fan but I reckon a Oaxaca x purple kush would help a lot with the purple kush heavy stone couch lock effects you get when you go that little bit too far. :+1:

5 Likes

I agree with Purple Kush as well, a good potent PK can hold its own with most other powerful painkilling strains. I was just discussing this with a good friend who was injured at his job site, it’s just great weed too. Was a long time favourite, in fact this reminds me even more so that I need to get some back in the headstashI also haven’t tried Oaxacan that I recall so I’m technically not voting against Oaxacan but for Purple Kush if that makes sense ?¿

5 Likes

That sounds incredibly awesome. My brain accepts this challenge.

Also, anybody tried Blue Velvet? The description that @Chronickyle gave sounds very promising.

8 Likes

I dislocated my shoulder and broke the socket end of last year. Had quite a big operation to repair the damage. Once the oramorph was stopped pk helped massively. Still suffering now and will be for months to come but Hitting a bong filled with pk the pain more or less goes within 5 minutes.

12 Likes

I definitely think this cross has to happen, who’s game to get some pollen all over the place?

8 Likes

That’s awesome! Love that it helps you especially with pain like that, OUCH! (I’m out of likes btw ) I’ve recommended purple and pink Kush to people for pain for years and years. But both are heavily narcotic and will definitely put you out with just the slightest bit too much lol. But damn is the buzz ever heavenly

6 Likes

Godberry is also awesome for pain but even better for sleep.
I’m now chasing autoflowers more because of the cbd content so I’ll likely give a purple kush auto a run in the summer

5 Likes

This all sounds like great information and painful experiences! 7 back surgeries, 9 fused disc’s…I use only cannibas for pain. MCT tincture is my go to. It 1) will absorb through the skin and quick 2) you can micro dose or take a couple droppers and be out for the count.
Rubbing on the bottom of your feet helps distribute it to the nerves then to the brain. Where pain really begins.
As far as strains, I’ve found Any of the Kushes work great, specifically Bubba or the Purple that I’ve tried. Purple Urkle is another good one. Seems good heavy indicas work good for pain. But also, if you can get a good CBN or CBG along with that throughout a day. Good for inflammation, cause of pain.
A good hit of Hash helps you forget it all…:green_heart::v:

11 Likes

I ran Blue Velvet back in 2013 or 2014 when DP rereleased it and was disappointed. Hermed like crazy buy ultimately it was a less tasty version of the Blueberry plants I grew alongside it. Maybe DP has gotten better or I just got a bad pheno but it was nothing like what DJ described the original as being.

6 Likes

Might be worth experimenting with different CBD to THC ratios.

I keep some high CBD flower on hand (almost no THC) and then mix that with THC strains for severe headaches that sometimes last me a few days.

The CBD helps keep the high a little less disorienting, and helps with the pain better than just plain THC.

9 Likes

I think when it comes to pain hitting a high thc indica strain gets your body that relaxed and sleepy that you just forget about the pain. What worries me is when I can’t feel the pain I forget about my issue and could do more harm than good. Bringing a cbd strain into the mix will counteract the thc BUT will also help ease any pain because of cbds anti inflammatory properties and help the healing process :+1:

6 Likes

Shiatsu Kush helps me.

4 Likes

The leafly description sounds awesome. 8 week flower is short for a kush strain. How does it yield???

1 Like

100% agreed. My Kosher Kush is fully night-time :rofl:

2 Likes

Average for Kush.

Here’s a shot of an SK on the right. Just promoted from veg before final prune, about a week from the flip.

9 Likes

Do you find you feel a bit lethargic next morning after medicating??? Depending on my pain levels the night I take pk I sometimes deliberately fill a bowl to much and next morning I struggle to get myself motivated.

4 Likes

Well, I usually eat a 100+mg cookie just before bed, so grogginess in the AM is definitely a thing….

7 Likes

I grow a lot of kush strains. Some can yield huge. Cookies kush is a monster indoor yield. I upped things a little and added bluedream to create a cross. That yields huge amounts. Thing is I can’t smoke it personally. It effects my vision to much and gives me a kind of motion sickness :rofl:

6 Likes

I’ve recently gotten a pk of riots crushed velvet…it’s bv×blue bonnet…and a cpl more bonnet hybrids intrested in seeing if I can find a nice potent bb cut. Which from running a mystery pk of a bonnet hybrid…the blueberry is def in bonnet…the potent part should be found with the right mom in a hybrid…so I’ll see.

7 Likes