How do you cope with pain.. without painkillers

I couldn’t go without weed. It would be hell.

4 Likes

A lot of low back problems can come from a weak core and atrophied lower back and glute muscles. Gentle exercises like planks and reverse hyperextensions can almost always help

4 Likes

Mine looks like a dried up creek bed. All cracked and crooked. I didn’t know if you smoked pot a dr would give you a prescription for opioids.

2 Likes

Guys thanks for the input… really helpful!! Shame more topics aren’t organized in this manner. So one can lookup and have access to the necessary info rather than having to scroll through endless info…

4 Likes

No one I know has gotten any to germinate yet, but Kalga valley, a Parvati Valley Himalayan Landrace cultivar, is reported to be excellent at relieving bone and join pain. People travel from all around to go to this Village for some pain relief. Since almost every Himalayan landrace has CBD in it and they are not as well known for this quality I am guessing this one has something different about it.
Most of the people that tried germination were using freebie seeds that were older. I’ll put all mine in soil this year and see if anything pops. Really need to get this one out there. They can be gotten from Cocogenes.

8 Likes

I like a good plant puzzle. Maybe I’ll play when I’m legal. By the way I’m under the impression that my Durban reduces pain. But it needs more investigation. :smoking:

5 Likes

I’ve heard that perhaps high thcv strains help with pain

5 Likes

I think it depends more on why the pain is happening. Most of my pain is in my joints having cppd and find plants with a higher cbd content helps most BUT since breaking my shoulder in a really bad way high thc strains work better. Higher thc doesn’t so much make the pain go away. It just gets me that high that my mind is no longer focused on the pain. :v:

6 Likes

Been taking
Tumeric + pepper 4000mg Jamieson for a variety of inflammation. … had great results

My pain issues are low at the moment but I was very surprsed. The anti inflammatory pain relief Is noticed…

Worked better than 2 advil /tylonal which I’ve sworn off

8 Likes

Hm I wonder if the SR 71 Purple Kush I have is the same thing as the Purple Kush you speak of. I believe the cut is originally from a dispo in Cali called SR 71

4 Likes

The kannabia version has a slight bit Black Domina bred into it to cut the bloom time down and also make it more resistant to mould so it’s not 100% pure purple kush. :v:
Thats one I grew a year or two ago.

Not purple I know but still kicks your ass :rofl:

10 Likes

Maybe it’s that. I can definitely say that some chronic joint pain that was particularly bad this morning is much better right now. If that works every time that would be fantastic. That plant has a lot to offer for me. Love it.

7 Likes

My interactions with pain docs have been less than sufficient. They are the asshole nazis of the pain .I suffer from ruptured discs every day. Arthritis has consumed my other joints. But I was dismissed from the program for testing positive for THC

7 Likes

That’s a very good point. I’ve had what I call High Pitched nerve pain. Like a toothache but in my back. A searing very intense pain. What works well for me may not work so well for someone with muscular issues, broken bones or arthritis. Someone was just saying that THCV is great for nerve pain( I think) anyone know what thcv is known to treat or suspected to treat?
@Calix . Turmeric with black pepper is supposed to work very well for inflammation. Good info

7 Likes

Asshole Doc doesn’t make any money off THC. They don’t really do too much for you anyway. There is a commonly used drug in Europe that I am almost positive starts with d . Just became legal here in the states . Reason it was not legal is from a slightly elevated risk of a heart attack while taking it, but it’s no more of a risk than you take every time you smoke pot. Maybe our European friends can help us out here… anyway, I am just remembering about this and it works incredibly well. I traded some weed for a dozen of these pills from an Irish guy I was working for doctor prescribed it to him in Europe for his back pain. There is no high or buzz or anything like that, it’s just like taking ibuprofen. I was completely pain-free while I took it, and for a week or two after. It works so well you don’t even have to take it every day. And if someone can remember what it is I’m going to get some myself. I forgot all about it
Dex…something?

4 Likes

Over here in the uk if you have constant pain issues they prescribe “tramadol” it’s really addictive and people get dependent on it. They then prescribe methadone to get you off it. :confused:

5 Likes

Thats rough. Methadone to get off it? Damn. Luckily that wasn’t the one I’m trying to think of. I’ll remember when i hear it.

3 Likes

Good job or a shame we are not neighbors… :wink::grin::joy:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a really strong opiate. Personally I’d rather deal with the pain than take that shit. Luckily I can risk my freedom and smoke a plant instead eh?? :rofl:

5 Likes

Dexamethasone is that it?

4 Likes