How do you organize all your pictures?

Title mostly says it, what’s anyone’s methods for organizing pictures of plant/grow progress without clogging up my iPhone camera roll?
My first grow I used grow with Jane to take and track pictures and I liked that, but after that first grow I’d have to delete all my 4 plants history and pictures to make room for a max of 4 more plants, or pay for the pro version which is what I’m considering.

I tried saving photos from my iPhone camera roll to my google drive app and it cleared all metadata so that really doesn’t tell me anything about the timeline of any pictures…

Considering not trading in my current phone in September/oct when the newest model comes out and I upgrade this 11 and keeping it to use for grow pictures.
I have an SLR camera but don’t want to constantly swap memory cards and use that bulky thing, maybe a little point and shoot?

Let’s get the chat going! I’d love to hear what anyone else does

I use my phone because it’s convenient but it’s a mess in there but the search function is helpful as long as you don’t type in “plant.”

2 Likes

Yah I’ve been using my phone for my second and third grow and it’s getting to be a mess…
Also have multiple veggie gardens going and taking progress pictures of them too so plants all blend a bit and I have to be careful what some people see on my camera roll when showing garden pictures or other stuff @Foreigner :grimacing::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure you could archive cloud or something but I’m not the person to ask.

Same, takes me forever to find them. Type in plant and all hell breaks loose.

2 Likes

So dumb that you can’t move things to a folder on iPhone and delete it from your general camera roll :man_facepalming:
Never asked anyone with an android or other phone but I’d bet they can do that lol, Apple just has me by the balls by now and I don’t care to swap since I’m used to it’s OS

2 Likes

Maybe you can move them to a laptop or PC ? Surely you can copy your own pics from an iphone right?

2 Likes

Use notes on your phone to separate them by strain/pheno/grow.

1 Like

Offload them frequently to a PC. Then clear.

4 Likes

I wonder if I save them to Google Drive from my PC if they will retain the metadata so I can view that when I want to look at them on My phone as I’m not on the computer very often

1 Like

Even though my state went legal. Im still in the outlaw mindset i have been in for the last 15 years or so and delete most pictures shortly after posting them here.

2 Likes

Is it off topic if i ask whether people use phone keyboard or voice recognition? And if not off topic, then which?

If on topic I have an Alexa.

phone keyboard or voice recognition to organize photos?

or an alexa? what? :rofl: