How many of you play music for your plants? :)

I’ve been playing music to my plants for many years. Although I never understood the philosophy of doing so. While growing up from a kid, I’ve always heard people say it’s good to talk to your plants. That’s insane, but always willing to compromise. So music it is. Every morning I turn on some 70’s and 80’s old school R&B, Smokey Robinson, Rick James, Kool n the Gang, just to name a few. Shit even a little jazz and very little blue’s, and throw in Joan Jett n the Blackhearts and some of the Rock n Roll.
By force of habit is why I do it tho. I might mention, I’ve always wondered if my plants were picking up what I be putting down. Sometimes, maybe it’s just me or my fans, but them tress look like they B dancin ! :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Hey there OG!! Just wondering if any of you peeps out there play music for your plants?? If so what kind? Have you tried different music to compare?? I play music when the lights are on. Play a lil metal, 90s rap, reggae, jazz, and country rap. Lol…

2 Likes

Sure do. Classical, and rock. I also talk to my plants. Lol. It works!

4 Likes

Yes sir, my wife thinks I’m crazy but accepts it as long as the weed is good. Lmao… my 5 yr old daughter has named my bubble bucket plant “Rox” as it has little coco rocks in it. She likes to tell it good morning and good night

5 Likes

I listen to music every day, I have a collection of well over 5,000 albums, that I know of at this point and time. I hope that the plants enjoy the music as much as I, but if not, they, like the neighbors, can talk among themselves, this will not hurt my feelings, at all.

regards,

4 Likes

I had tons of music on my computer from the beginning of mp3s. Hard crashed and lost it all. Now I just rock pandora and spotify

2 Likes

Well, shit, if I knew they had good taste in music I wouldn’t have left them downstairs.

As a musician, audio engineer, and some one who spends all day listening to sounds, this is quite interesting… I favor the idea that it’s a response to some stimuli that is found in nature, but I can’t imagine why a plant would grow better simply because it thinks there are bees. Direct testing needs to be done. Maybe some vibration testing as well.

I spend a lot of the day (thanks quarantine) sitting in the room above my plants, listening to music often. 3 hrs is enough, ok, but I wonder at what volume?
I’d almost assume that it has to do with air pressure than vibration, but I don’t know. Well beyond my pay grade.

Perhaps there are things other than music; drones, buzzes, chirps. VLF radio comes to mind.

Studies show 9 out of ten cannabis plants prefer DYING FETUS - DIE WITH INTEGRITY!
rocks out hardcore

5 Likes

hah hah I’ll die of laughter if someone goes and watches some dying fetus videos out of curiosity.
you: I saw this movie that scared me, it was nasty!
dying fetus: hold my drink, I’ve got something to show you.

2 Likes

I play Khruangbin 24/7 and the plants seem to really dig it.

2 Likes

I think its the vibrations the different tones make. I dunno… just my guess. Lol

3 Likes

Would playing rain make the plants eat more? What kind of music do you play?

4 Likes

Heavy metal or classical is the best I’ve read. I play HEAVY METAL 24/7!!!

4 Likes

My grow is on my office, so they listen what i listening…

i have some phases about music but always listen some classical to work, eletronic music in general, and samba rock.

What else, New Grass!

2 Likes

Been playing a lot of Isley Brothers lol and R and B. Marvin Gaye and shit. Tryna get em all worked up and then leave em unsatisfied :joy:

3 Likes

I have a pretty sweet 80’s list that I’ve been busting out lately… A little ABC, maybe some Talk Talk, Tears For Fears, Fine Young Cannibals perhaps?! Maybe a Depeche Mode will tickle their fancy?! Maybe it’s a Cruel Summer (Banarama) or I want to hit them with a Little Higher Love (Steve Winwood)… Nothing like a little Huey Lewis & The News to perk them up and finish them off with some Hall & Oates!

2 Likes
4 Likes

AC/DC all day they love that shit

2 Likes

Brian Johnson or Bon Scott :unamused:

2 Likes