Audio stimulus -- Increasing sugar levels

National Geographic said “for plants exposed to playbacks of bee sounds (0.2 to 0.5 kilohertz) and similarly low-frequency sounds (0.05 to 1 kilohertz), the final analysis revealed an unmistakable response. Within three minutes of exposure to these recordings, sugar concentration in the plants increased from between 12 and 17 percent to 20 percent.”

Flowers hear buzzing of bees 0.2-0.5 kHz and increase sugar production.

I want to try this with Cannabis.

Though the room would need to be acoustically designed so that the plant, person, audience in the room would actually be hearing that specific frequency.

What benefits would be gained from a ten percent increase in sugar concentration in a Cannabis plant? More trichomes?

Cheers

8 Likes

Thats very interesting…:open_mouth:

Im wondering the constant humming of my dehum and those fans how ll affects em!!

Its waaaay far from been relaxing…:dizzy_face:

3 Likes

This is very similar to a thread that’s ongoing already mods should we merge them ? It’s about playing music to plants

2 Likes

This isn’t music though. It’s a specific frequency range of sound.

5 Likes

The plant would have to be in the center of the audio source with the left and right angled in such a way to achieve true stereo.

3 Likes

This is quite interesting.
It seems as if some flowers have better “ears” than others.
Cannabis flowers are not bowl shaped however.

Hmmm?

“This specific flower is bowl- shaped, so acoustically speaking, it makes sense that this kind of structure would vibrate and increase the vibration within itself,” Veits says.

Excerpt from article:
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2019/01/flowers-can-hear-bees-and-make-their-nectar-sweeter/

8 Likes

There was a gentleman selling high pitched acoustics with the claim it increased absorption of the included hormone foliar spray. Was supposed to match the sounds of birds chirps and the like.
http://originalsonicbloom.com/background.html

3 Likes

Why not just get a good waterproof speaker in the tent?:man_shrugging:t3: They don’t have eardrums, so you should be fine cranking the volume :man_shrugging:t3: the low frequency sounds are neat and all, but I’ve seen a decent response to heavy metal, so I think it’s just the vibration going through the plant. Death metal tends to vibrate and hum anything that’ll carry the sound. My tent frame is a good hollow metal tube that would carry them and reverberate around the tent. :man_shrugging:t3: At least it should

4 Likes

I was never so sure that the acoustics were the driving force in the extra growth anyway. I believe the vast majority of the effects he’s seen were due to the gibberellic acid in the foliar.

1 Like

I mean plants in general respond to sound. I’ll hunt down some links

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be easier to just get something you could place the plants on that vibrates at the specific frequency you want the plants to feel? You could probably achieve a rudimentary acoustic plate with speakers inside to add the vibrations to the plant from the roots🤷🏼‍♂️

1 Like

Definitely following this thread very interesting

1 Like

0.02 -0.05 kilohertz includes a lot of frequencies of sound in music that we listen to anyway. In short, if it does what supposedly says it says it does, keep playing music round plants and lots of drums as that is music frequencies of drums generally according to this article.

2 Likes

That might be why my plants are such metal heads LoL :joy: lots of drums and low pitch guitar cords. If the speaker isn’t vibrating it’s not loud enough IMO :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes