Music For Plants

I thought that I would start a thread featuring music which may benefit
our plants.

Inspiration derived from this thread

Well I am going to start off with some Bach.
I hope my plants enjoy this as much as I do

5 Likes

Read a book in High School called the Secret Life Of Plants. Author pretty much PROVES it makes a difference, much more so than you might think . The Beatles play non stop in my flower room…The White Album over n over, lol .

4 Likes

Bach is pretty awesome, try the Cello suites too, they like that.

Tell me he’s not stoned… :wink:

6 Likes

So is classical the go to? Anyone ever just tried nature sounds; crickets, running stream, maybe a thunder shower during watering?

7 Likes

Well, I have yet to dig deeply into this topic, so from what I have read in recent articles, plants
seem to prefer classical music, and may not respond well to rock etc.
I haven’t a clue. because I never previously considered that there may be something to this notion.

This may also be a convenient pretext for me posting boatloads of long classical pieces.

4 Likes

Some plants got to want to head bang and create a little green leafy mosh pit. Have to be a few Naughty by Nature fans amongst the sea of green as well. Mustve been testing it on some hoighty toighty plants. I’m only joking as I like a bit of classical myself but I think it’s best in the right sized doses.

1 Like

Hello,

Has anyone ever tried audio gamma waves? “Monaural beats” as they’re called on the playlist I have.
I’m giving my 4 babies a 90 minute dose of that each evening and then some :love_you_gesture:t2: Black Sabbath :love_you_gesture:t2: first thing every morning.
Not on blast out eardrum volume levels either…I’m not a huge Ozzy fan. :anguished: Based on the reading I’ve been doing, plants are, who knew. :joy:
I’ll try this for a few days and keep folks posted. :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe if growing indoors or in a greenhouse, sounds of nature might be a help. Maybe relaxing or new age space music? Classical if not overly loud and strident. Plants don’t seem to be in a rush and enjoy warm weather and lots of sunshine, so that’s what I think they might like. and if they don’t OK. I do.