How to know went to go from dry to cure

Sorry still trying to figure out catagories. So I have a plant gg#4 that has been drying with fans leaves in bathroom at 55% rh for 6×24hrs how do you know when to trim and put into jars. Without humidifier rh inside 15-20% high plains desert

2 Likes

I would take things out of the humid area and into the very dry.
But watch it as it will dry fast.
When you can get a crisp snap of a large stem it is time to put into the jar.
From there you should watch it too as moisture will return or finish coming out of the buds.

Good luck
shag

4 Likes

What temp is your bathroom? Do you have some not much airflow in their?

1 Like

It can be quiet a science and curing can definitely make or break a good grow.
Crap drying and curing and you’ll end up either with a bunch of mould or shitty hay.

Each has their own prefered method but main thing is you don’t want buds going too wet into jars(mould)or dry (harsh smoke)
A rough guide would be to bend a stalk or two
If they snap easily buds are normally ready to get trimmed and put into jars to start the “cure”

3 Likes

When I think mine are done I take a few branches and put them in a plastic bag with a humidity sensor.

Let it sit for awhile to equalize and see where you land.

If you’re set at 55 and it’s 55 they are ready.

I prefer 60 but that’s me.

Best of luck.

5 Likes

myself im thinking 60 rh and 65 temp in a dark area void of light for about 14 days give or take and when the big branch snaps time to trim and jar imho but thats just me plus air circulation with a couple of fans

3 Likes

You cannot go by a book/video because everyone grows and dries in different environments, what works for others might not work for you…Its trial and error bromigos…

7 Likes

@Foreigner gives good advice, if you’re new and trying to figure it out, start taking branches off after they start to snap but still twist, and check them 12 hours later after putting the humidity monitor and branch into a gallon Ziploc bag. I like to dry trim buck the buds off the plant once it reaches 60% . That’s usually after two weeks at 65% RH declining to 60% for the third and last week of drying.

Thanks that does sound like a pretty fool proof way. Thanks for the upvote on his method that always seems to calm the anxiety of screwing up. You let your herb dry for 3 weeks wow! How long of a cure before smoking? Just curious. So I’m getting ready for another harvest not the one I was asking about in the op. Thanks all it turned out fire af. The gg#4 seemed off but as the strain not the dry. The bb#3 might just end up being a mother.

1 Like

Yeah three weeks at a carefully controlled humidity and a little bit not much air circulation will get you an dry that runs straight into cure without any thought.

1 Like