How to make a male into a female?

I’m heartbroken ! I believe I have a Milk N Cookies cross. Maybe I can collect pollen and hit one of those females.

How many generations do u think it would take to get milk n cookies out ? .-.

2 Likes

That’s so interesting I need to read more about it… I’ve heard mixed answers this being the third different kne

Shabud from 707 talks a good bit about selfing males in the potcast episode he did I believe. Either that or the breeders syndicate podcast

4 Likes

I believe ur correct 707 did ! I found it earlier on le google

Can you help me find the episode ?

1 Like

If it was me, I’d hunt through some Big Bud and find a ‘nice girl’, clone her and cross. Rinse and repeat but keep crossing back to the same male pollen.
1st cross = 50%
2nd cross = 75%
3rd cross = 87.5%
4th cross = 93.75%
etc.
quit when you are happy with the results.

I’ll bet there probably more efficient ways but this I understand.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Perfect. I have Sunshine Daydream - Bubbashine pheno in my tent and two leaning to a more kush scent. So it begins

1 Like

I found that but it doesn’t have the info I need. They ended up doing nothing of use in that thread

I emailed 707 seed bank and I hope they are willing to share basic info

1 Like

It literally had the name of the chemical you were looking for in the first post.

3 Likes

We literally spoke about Shabud with 707 seedbank. Jokes aside he did some impressive work worth looking into…pretty cool dude.

Thank you for your initial comment.

I found someone who’s done some work with Ethephon I’ll make it into a whole new post once I figure this out so there can be more public information in regards to reversing males !

One last question

Should or would I even NEED to search through every generation and find the leaning Pheno or just keep hitting the next gen until I reach 4th or 5th ?

1 Like

Might wanna search icmag I believe Sam the skunkman did some experiments with turning males to females and succeeded I also believe neville has done it before also so mr nice forum is another place I’d search .

1 Like

Omg i feel ashamed that I’ve got a cannabis breeders bible and i was looking in this thread to see how it’s done.

I bought it for selfing plants but I didn’t get around to it or even reading the book.
I’ve glanced through it i did see a mention of changing male to female but I’ve not read it.

If it’s any help I’ll double check the subject is covered and you can maybe buy the book,
if the subject isn’t too drawn out I’ll read it and post the important stuff.

1 Like

Force him to watch the view 24/7
With a man bun
And a soy milk shake?
Bwahahaha

Sorry couldn’t resist

1 Like

man, all these posts and no info guys?

You need Florel

Mix it in a spray bottle of water at a rate of 25ml per liter.

You’ll wanna wear gloves, long sleeves, a kn95 or rebreather mask… Turn the fans off, don’t get any of it on you, don’t breath it in, etc. Spray at lights out. Start at least a week before flip. Should only need a couple sprays but I haven’t gotten this far yet. I’d think spray every 3 days or so :thinking:

7 Likes

Not sure if it was Florel they were using, but from what people have said in the past you wouldn’t want to smoke flower from a reversed male (toxicity of the chemical they were using, like I said, might have been a different chemical they were using).

1 Like

Eh, technically from what I’ve seen, as long as you’re not spraying the flowers themselves, it should technically be smokable as the ethylene dissipates rapidly. There’s also quite a few breeders that talk about reversing males and smoking them.

That being said, I have no real idea myself so not gonna recommend it, but I won’t stop you, but most definitely don’t smoke anything you’ve sprayed. That goes for getting nute water on your flowers and leaves too. Don’t smoke that either.

My understanding of the male reversal process is when you reverse a male, you’re not gonna get buds. You’ll get a Dr.Grinspoon type look instead.
(dr grinspoon for reference)
The main idea is what flowers you do get and their resin will tell you exactly what phenotype the male is compared to the females without smoking them. So you can more easily find a male that’s passing the flavors/scents you want instead of just relying on stem rubs and leaf morphology. And of course, he’ll S1 himself when you reverse him.

12 Likes