Huge cache of seeds left behind, what to do?

The mystery deepens…

2 Likes

I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around that

2 Likes

i wasn’t going to comment on this thread anymore but i keep getting brought up in it lol whats done is done only i can look at it like that …i just hope and pray that she was/is just a good ol’girl and not as previous thought… was it you that put the red patches on that pic @legalcanada

2 Likes

yes i did, it was a fake return address, don’t want to tip off the USPS… shit the barcodes !!! :anguished: i also did not realize there was zip codes sorry

2 Likes

MS my friend, you are one stand up brother! That whole thread kinda smelled bad.

4 Likes

From the get go… Yes it did!

1 Like

Lol :joy:. I think it’s funny people are still expecting seeds. @LemonadeJoe said it all. Thanks brother. And if its true that she sent valuable beans to someone for free and got pissed, Big If? I specifically said she needed to contact someone with bean knowledge and ask what to send, not just give someone a first pick out of everything. Lol :joy:

1 Like

I also think it was hilarious how @mia got so many green trust dots next to her name in one day and with one thread. It took me over a month of being here everyday and actually contributing to the community to receive that many trust points. But a halfway pretty face and some seeds start a thread, and she has contributed more than many of us over night. Lol :joy:

8 Likes

Well she is suspended until Aug 16 2291. She got 2 life time bans,running box cars.

4 Likes

Somebody needs to write a Pot Opera about this…
She Said Seeds Sad See Stack Sacks

3 Likes

So what happens when the seeds all arrive?

4 Likes

We make a party to go search for Mia and we ask for forgiveness…

2 Likes

Pretty much. Gotta love the internet hate. If I had been treated the way she was walking through the door, I would have asked to be deleted as well. No telling what may have been said to her behind closed doors in PM’s.

Not saying she wasn’t a scammer, but there certainly seems to be a bunch of assuming going on with really no hard facts as of yet…

6 Likes

There is no way she didn’t know what she was doing, if true, after 22 years of marriage to a grower, she could probably recite the entire strain list from any seedbank, specially considering the misogenic korean abuser had an addiction to buying seeds… C’mon! The only reason why she would say she didn’t know how to grow is because she knew the questions would be coming and it was needed to cover her back and say… Yeah i lived with a grower/seed collector for 22 years, and i dunno what those things are… Really?

22 years, she could probably open up a grower’s school with all the experience of JUST LOOKING…

EDIT, take my girl for example. I have been growing for no more than 6 months if that, my girl knows about pH, knows about minor and mayor elements, she knows how to germinate seeds, how to make LAB, and how to make FPJ, and FFJ. She knows the word cotyledons… COME ON!

The other day she was looking at the plants and said: How come they don’t have any trichomes? HAHAHAHAHA!

3 Likes

My wife doesn’t know shit about growing and she has to deal with my growing shit everywhere. She made me build a shed to put it all in. I had her water one time when I went out of town and everything almost died.

6 Likes

She tried to cover tracks herself before asking me (btw without any explanation).

I don’t think I’ve noticed any rough treatment. Many members were helpful with identification and constructive regarding the trade myself included. At least in this topic I don’t see anything obviously bad.

I think that if you are newly registered member without any reputation and try to offer sale of thousands seeds worth thousands of dollars you should better prepare for some scrutiny.

The existence of collection itself raised many eyebrows and doubts. Violent husband that maxed out all credit cards and then left but resigned on his lifetime seed collection? Unlikely.

By the way the kind of sympathy some of us were showing is exactly what she wanted to raise. The problem is that this sympathy can’t substitute lack of trust and reputation.

That is the way scammers work, emotions is one of the strategies… (just look at those heart touching posts, actual face as avatar, photos of living room and cooking) I don’t think we should jump on that wagon.

She invested like 5 days and some posts to us… More obvious explanation in my eyes is that her con proved too hard to perform here. She didn’t got the reaction she needed from us. Nobody showed so eager to ignore all those red lights. So she just packed up and left.

I’m 100% sure that if she were honest and wanted to become regular member (with the goal to sell the seeds along the way) and started to participate in the community, without need to push only her emotions, she’d been able to succeed.

Don’t switch cause and effect here. We were not responsible for her leaving.

11 Likes

That’s fair, but some people had legitimately tried to help her get the process going. It was mentioned repeatedly that an auction of some cheaper strains would build her reputation and let her start making a couple dollars to help her and her daughter.
It’s literally why I started the holiday auction thread, to give her an idea to copy if she wasn’t into drawing it up from scratch.

4 Likes

And she was asked for a detailed list several times and the only thing we got was a couple pictures of poorly written lists on notebook paper, which if the collection was that big, wouldn’t be 5% of what she supposedly has. If people receive seeds I will be the first to publicly apologize. I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong.

1 Like

Just playing the devils advocate here guys. I said privately within 15 minutes to one of the mods here that yup, looked like a scam the minute I read it. I didn’t pay too much attention to it after that and did not read every post, but I have read some.

Been at a lot of sites and not once have I have seen someone out in the open try and scam people other than the constant lies about what people claim to have. Takes a lot of balls if that is indeed the case.

I hope no one got burned along the way.

10 Likes

None of us took advantage of her, we were here and she did not put in her time. The glory of the “collection” got some us giddy. We gave her a lot of options and opportunity that got squandered. There was just too much that was too good to be true.
And still we are waiting to see if anyone actually gets a present in the mail. Will I feel bad if someone does? Well some, maybe because I didn’t jump in fast enough. However I’m not sitting at home wondering if the federales are coming. I’m not nervous one bit for that.

6 Likes