Humidity control

Idealair dehu! Mine is over 15 years old and going strong. You can find them used for around $100. And never worry about west coast humidity again.

@LED_Seedz did you say you were a mold remediator for a long time?

i was exhausting my tent (and all the humidity) thru my ducting and was getting condensation building up on some windows upstairs and brushed it off as a poor seal on the window (it does have a draft) but after moving my dehuey upstairs to run the condensation went away fairly quickly, but now i see this near the bottom of the front door, the one with the drafty windows.

is this mold and if so what do?

1 Like

Hard to tell from the pictures. Could be salt buildup as well or a limestone scale from the water.
Search for images of aspergillus mold, and see if your areas look like that. It is the most common and normally shows before turning to stachybotrys or the one known as black mold.

Because your door seems to be coated, this is considered a hard surface and can most likely be cleaned with a bleach substance.

It also could be just a result of high humidity on a water based coating on the door.

yes it doesn’t look fuzzy or anything like mold i’ve seen before, kinda looks like the door stain just got wrecked or something but i’ll try cleaning it to see if it comes off -> i read something about efflorescence? that said

“First, look at the type of material on which you see the white substance. If you see it on anything other than concrete or masonry it’s mold”

so i wasn’t sure but i can’t imagine it’s mold though because the humidity never really got above 45% upstairs but i also know nothing about mold

Looks like the water has stained the wood. This is normal for older hardwoods. rub a little butter or mayo into it and watch what happens.

1 Like

A real dehumidifier is a must, I can easily pull 10/12 liters of water a day threw it,
when your at week 11/12 of plants the last thing you want is 50%-60%RH,

I would rather spend $100 on a good dehumidifier than lose 30oz of budz
Look here for worthy models: https://houseweather.org/best-dehumidifier-for-basement/

1 Like