Dehumidifier suggestions

Last run I lost most of it to mold and bud rot. The room is 12x12 but growing in a 4x4 with two smaller clone and mom cabinets. Struggling to get rh below 60% . Just starting flower this time and rather not throw away 20+ ozs

2 Likes

I picked this up strictly based on positive reviews. Its still in the box lol

3 Likes

I am using a cheap Chinese dehumidifier. It works.

I got one for the basement a few yrs ago, it came from Lowe’s I think. It’s a Whirlpool, does a decent job but they are loud AF. Probably wouldn’t be a problem if you didn’t spend a lot of time in the room though.
It fills up every 24-36 hrs…

2 Likes

I have that exact model. It works great, I just wish I had an external drain, so I didn’t have to empty it all the time. :grinning:
:guitar:

2 Likes

I’ll check the model of mine and update my post later, it works pretty good, had it for a long time, also have it hooked up to a hose that goes outside so I don’t ever have to empty it

They are a little noisy, but I’ve learned to kinda like the noise of mine idk, it’s very humid in my state so having one is a must.

edit:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-70-Pint-Dehumidifier-for-Basements-w-Drain-White-ADEW70LR/35613631

This is the one I have

and as said below, air flow is just as important to prevent mold/bud-rot as humidity level

1 Like

Whats your exhaust setup? Where does it dump? Ive found running exhaust out the building takes rh low. Low low with good fans and lights running. I honestly dont keep track no more to rh. Ive been outside vpd for years. Veg and flower stay 35% or so. No meter.
Ppl probably blast me but here we go simple science vpd is bs.
Water in air (rh)
more water in air =less need to uptake water at roots. If your air is dry the roots will suck neccessary moisture from your medium forcing more nutrient uptake resulting in more rapid growth. Send exhuast out of the area it will drop your rh

2 Likes

I just bought this one a couple weeks ago, it’s overkill but no more lost crops to mold for me
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toshiba-35-Pint-115-Volt-ENERGY-STAR-Dehumidifier-with-Continuous-Operation-Function-TDDP3512ES2/310365931

we got 63 inches of rain in 2020 thus my overkill, the east coast is a rain forest now :frowning:

1 Like

I have a big old one from sears but it pulls 5 amps.

1 Like

i have 4 different dehumidifiers, one thing i want to say is a dehumidifier makes heat, in a tent quite a bit of heat

and then what s the rh outside your house?

It stays in the 65-99% range outside where I’m at.

1 Like

Exhaust already vented outside. Little more than just nute uptake with rh I had to throw away 29 zips due to mold and rot. I’ve got 2 6" fans in the tent and a 6" extractor fan that can exchange the air in tent in under a minute

1 Like

if the replacement air is that high of RH, you will need a dehumidifier as far as i know

1 Like

Exactly why I made this post lol

3 Likes

well so far i like my frigidare the best

2 Likes

60% RH doesn’t sound high to me. I wish that I could keep my room at that level.
But I’m in a 16x22ft room with a 14ft ceiling.

Why doesn’t anybody put their dehumidifier up on a platform and install a bulkhead fitting on the tank of the dehumidifier so that it can fill into a 27gallon tub?
Then, when that gets filled you can just throw a 50gpm pump in and pump it out…
Or even put a float valve and pump to auto drain it!

1 Like

Oh we do, 10 out 10 recommend, we haven’t set up a pump-out system but I just wet vac it from outside my space lol

Backview you can see the garden hose plumbing :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

@TerpSneeze your space is awesome

2 Likes

Cheers! It didn’t start out that way :sweat_smile: Stop by anytime!

Enter the TerpShip Here!

3 Likes