Humidity Packs For Curing Weed

i’m pretty sure humidors use cedar inside to regulate the humidity. you could build your own wooden ‘humidor’ – i used to know a guy that kept vacuum sealed pounds in the freezer for long term storage

are those just hygrometers? i ordered a bunch of these on amazon for like $1 each

3 Likes

The cheap hygrometers boast an accuracy of +/- 5%, which could mean the difference between poorly cured buds, nicely cured buds and moldy buds, depending on which way the hygrometer swings and what your target is.

2 Likes

better than the nothing i’m using right now at least, my drawer seems to keep the jars at the perfect RH anyways, and i can put 2 in each jar :smiley:

3 Likes

2 in each jar might be a good idea.

What I did was “invest” $30 into a quality hygrometer with 1% accuracy, and I switch it between jars as I am winding down my drying and moving into curing. It is a bit of work to check RH and switch it to other jars a few times per day, but slowly I dial down the humidity in all the jars till they hold 62% or less for a full 24 hours. Then I check them every couple days just to make sure. Once I get them all in the zone. I cap them and put them away for a month.

I’d love to have 5 or 6 of the ones I have. Maybe over time I will accumulate them. I will likely buy at least one more before my next harvest.

1 Like