Humidity sensors for canna storage

I’m wondering if anyone has a favorite brand/type of sensor for recording the humidity levels for curing and storage.

I have the cheapo type but they take around 10-20 min to stabilize. I’d love to find something that would read and stabilize a lot faster.

Is there anything? Thanks. peace :v:

4 Likes

I can’t answer that but it is an interesting question I would not mind hearing the answer to. Going to sit in the corner and wait for responses :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are looking for something for storage, roll with some 2 way humidity packs from Boveda or Integra. Takes all the guess work out of everything.

1 Like

Inkbird ITH10

3 Likes

I have these too

Fast cheap good. Overall I’m very happy with them.

I have the cheapies and leave them in the jars.

:green_heart::seedling:

1 Like

I’ve been using these:

They are not the most inexpensive though they provide an API to access the data if you are into programmatically creating your own application (if you are using the cloud based storage). For non-cloud, the internal storage is relatively large such that you can go, I think ~3months, without needing to connect with your Bluetooth device. Cloud storage seems more or less infinite. I have data logged going back four years. The internal sensors they use internally seem pretty good. The battery life is pretty good as well.

I have 15 of those with a couple of the newer version that also have an atmospheric pressure sensor. I use these for a number of different scenarios. For curing and storage, a small slice of heavy duty velcro to attach them to the lids on the jars.

4 Likes

Ace and Home Depot. Taylor is a cheap one. It is very fast.image I have never had a problem with there products. They have other products. If it smells moldy I’m very fast to turn down The dehumidifier.

1 Like

At the very least, I need more of the cheap ones. I could only find one yesterday.

1 Like

That time of the year. Halloween and Christmas stuff out already. I hate it. I have a cheap wall one that works also. Old school looking. If it smells, that one thing I go by. Moldy water smell. Lol
My rh is high right now. Crazy!!! Haven’t had rain in a minute. It’s the plants. To be honest the leaves hold to much sometimes. I pulled a gallon out yesterday. The dehumidifier was running. I think it comes out through the concrete. Colder nights and warm days. My roof sweats bad if I don’t have a big fan running. The inside of the tents will also. I run more fans than anything. It sounds like a jet engine. Out side you can’t hear it.

1 Like

I have a bunch of gallon bags full of weed and would like to throw a meter inside and get a quick reading so I could gauge them all faster. Hey, the old fashion way works, too… just wing it.

I had way more than I expected and I’d love to get quick readings and move to the next one. I have more a problem of the weed drying out too fast and it keeps you running. Anything that goes too dry will be good for hash and oil.

1 Like