Hydroponic fertilizer mix by volume calculation

I was wondering how exactly do we calculate what our Reservoir has in it?

I mean I have a fertilizer kit which tells me what each bottle has in it as far as NPK. But the actual Ingredients are more or less unknown.

Calculators I’ve seen want ppm values and each component but I have no idea.

Is there a way to calculate just NPK numbers based on how many mL I put into a gallon?

I use 25-50% of the minimum value they indicate per gallon which also makes it more complex.

Anyone encounter and figure out this problem?

One other thing,

I’ve also read the goals for NPK during stages were:
early veg state 4-2-3 and med veg state 10-5-7

But I didn’t see what they are for Flowering from the grower I saw that recommendation from. Any truth to these guidelines?

Thanks

J

1 Like

There is a program called hydrobuddy that can do this for you after a little setup.

I’ve seen previews but I don’t think I can set it up since it asks for things I don’t know, because the fertilizer company doesn’t disclose details on ingredients. I just know the NPK of each mix and that’s it… Will it help me calculate my NPK by volume based on only knowing the concentration on the bottle vs my use concentration and total amount of water?

If so I’ll have to try it.

1 Like

What nutrients are you using?

I think it will do what you’re asking.

I’m just using the Humboldt’s secret kit, along with tree trunk (silicate) at the moment. It’s on Amazon for $100.

Been using that at 25-40% of the minimum, but a. About to jump into Flowering… I have no idea how to transition into that either…

I guess I’m going to just add the bloom formula on top of everything… Hopefully it works…