Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

I should have included the asterisk that I start 12/12 often from the time the first true leaves show as the plant typically won’t flower until it’s mature anyways. I consider this 12/12 from seed still and this is how these Goji F2s were flowered. For spacial reasons often times any lower branches are removed as well should they elongate before pistil development begins. With this run the 2 different Gojis had completely different growth habits as well. The 2021 Goji F2s were more compact than the 2017s. The 2017s had much larger internodal spacing and would have been a huge mistake to veg those pre-flower in my situation.

Yes for pheno hunting. I don’t want to deal with a large plant that I may not like or be impressed with, and I also hate trimming. Also because I value superficial traits in addition to desired effects it allows me to ensure at least something positive beyond effect is present whether it be calyx to leaf ratio, smell, how sticky the trichomes feel or anything else like that. This is my personal preference and when there are an abundance of beans you have the luxury of being wasteful. I culled a few (4?) females early on because I didn’t like the nitrogen sensitivity or clawing they were showing.

There are a lot of factors that would go into a decision like this and here a few that contribute to mine

• I vaporize and don’t consume heroic doses all day, so if a plant yields almost nothing it doesn’t bother me at all.
  • I’d rather rely on reveg than venturing into uncomfortable plant counts for a whole host of reasons. This rules out clones / moms before observations.
  • In my view the important (to me) characteristics are as apparent in 12/12 from seed as they are growing out a full sized plant. Plant structure and yield aren’t really a big concern of mine and disease and pest susceptibility in a well ventilated tent don’t ever seem to be a problem.

So I guess the shortened response would be it depends on what’s important to you, with yield and security of mom/clones being probably the most impactful. You could always F3 yours to have an unlimited amount!

19 Likes

For further clarification, typically the seeds would be started in either a rapid rooter or liner containing a soil-less mix. In my experience certain types of mold/grain mites can decimate a seedling before the cotyledon has time to emerge. They also can spread fungal diseases to the plant early on that can sometimes be too much to overcome. For this reason I use rapid rooter or root riot style cubes for high value seeds that cannot be replaced. For things like F2s the really small agricultural liners with a soil-less mix work just fine for me, only the strong survive kind of scenario. These are only slightly larger than a rapid rooter. By the time they are in need of transplant they can go in their final pot and either flip or a week of veg and flip.

If you’re in a living soil-less mix with a volume as little as 1GAL I’d definitely recommend doing a single stem grow with minimal to no veg, which is still kind of pushing it. Even doing this you’ll likely have to water daily and may benefit from a light mid-flower top-dress depending on how your soil is amended. If you’re doing soil-less with soluble feed you may be able to get away with more veg but I’m not qualified to speak on that definitively. Good luck!

14 Likes

That’s one to grow on! Thanks for the information! Happy Friday Duder!

6 Likes

Nice! yeah i guess this is where i was getting at!

Im not, but thank you for the offer! :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the info!

7 Likes

Finally going to be getting around to popping some of the gogi f2s in the next day or so to find a few females for next run will be posting pictures growth etc in here(if that’s ok with you) and my journal as I go thank you again @syzygy so stoked to see what I will find

12 Likes

Absolutely, that would really help out others that have them too. Please feel free to post any negatives you encounter here too or just simple dislikes as well. It won’t offend and I won’t take critique of the F2s personally. All info helps others in my eyes… Also it seems obvious to me since it’s not my line, but Bodhi’s policy w/ respect to F2ing dead lines extends to these… Do whatever you want with these whether it’s making F3, IX , cross etc…

Should also add that @Greasy may be doing a couple of these as well as a lot of other cool projects worth checking out if for whatever reason anyone isn’t following his thread yet @ Greasy's Journal

19 Likes

Thank you for the shout-out @syzygy! I got three confirmed females and will share my first update here soon.

13 Likes

I’m not sure how I’ll manage all of my summer work, but I just dropped some Goji f2. I’ll be doing them outside. I may put some in the ground, and it just depends on how many female I get.

This will be my first shot at a regular Goji, so thanks again @syzygy. I’m very stoked to get to finally grow them. I have a lot of stuff going for outside this year and I’m sure some will get culled as males.

Thanks brother! Mine are in the water and will go into dirt tomorrow. I’m really stoked to finally get some growing. Pics eventually! peace

13 Likes

Here are my plants at 21 days after they popped from the soil. I had 4/4 germination and got them sex tested, and got 3/4 females. Happy little plants so far. Some longer node spacing than the usual indica dominant plants than I tend to grow, so I’ll probably have to do some training on these to keep them in my height requirements for my yard. I started my outdoor garden rather late this year, so they probably won’t get huge, but hopefully get a couple oz’s from each. In closer inspection of their leaves, I’m seeing the first signs of thrips, which are a constant in my yard. I tend to let my plants get established before I start my IPM, but will get their first round tonight.

Group:

Individuals:

I’ll continue to provide updates here as they grow, and it should get more exciting as time goes on!

20 Likes

Your plants are looking great.

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

Back from a much needed beach break and the ladies were fine without me. A mix of Goji f2 and ssdd x goji pics about to hit week 8. Thanks for the op @syzygy!

30 Likes

I like the look of the bud structure on that first picture, is that SSDD x Goji? Thanks for posting as usual!

Popped a few of each : K4xSSDD, Beautiful Day, GoldenHP and Sunshine Queen but they don’t look very good. They were planted in really low quality soil with the hopes they could go longer without water. Took a gamble on a high percentage of a new humus source because I’m too busy right now to water daily and they definitely aren’t happy. 100% fault here and not the seeds though. If they don’t make it I’ll figure out a different project where losses won’t matter as much.

I’ve been thinking about doing an SSDD F1 BubbaShine pheno x SSDD F2 (different parents) project for the early fall if they don’t make it. Or S1s… Or maybe SunRa F2s since I have extra SunRa sitting around. I know there are a ton of ongoing SSDD projects taking place here at the moment so probably not the most exciting news, but it’s the way I’m currently leaning haha. May have just hyped myself on ssdd reading through @HolyAngel and @HorseBadorites threads lately.

Definitely intend to still do more K4xSSDD and Dragon’s Milk in the late fall when I should have more free time.

18 Likes

Nice! Interested to see how the K4 x SSDD does! I have a pack of that to run at some point if they turn out how I’m thinking and not how I’m fearing.

I just went through a pack and a half of SSDD F1’s and… I didn’t find anything I wanted to use to make F2’s or IX’s with, none were as good or better than my F2… I still have @HorseBadorites F1 cut too, along with my own F2. I still one F1 pack left but I think I’m going to look through some of @Sebring’s SSDD F2’s to find a male in before I bother looking at the F1’s again. Make SSDD F3’s and hopefully an IX with horsebadorites F1 cut. Hoping to have something from these by christmas :wink:

14 Likes

Photos of a few of the F2s that I went through a few years ago :

And here’s some of what I’m calling the bubbashine pheno, used in the SSDDxGoji OG as well :

34 Likes

that’s what i have too, pretty old and very beat up, i put white stickers on the flash to soften it, manual mode, custom white balance, standard picture style, iso 100, shutter speed around 200 and what i do to adjust the “brightness” is thing with the -/+ right under the iso settings

and goji og is cool :joy:

10 Likes

How are you fearing? Nube’s description of K4xOMG sounded incredible! Feels like you can’t miss whichever way it leans.

Ya your F2 does look quite special. So many cool options available as well!

Was going to ask in your thread earlier what you’re using for pictures but decided against it because typing on a phone sucks haha. Your pictures look really nice lately as well, love those SourD shots!

13 Likes

Is that bottom one smell like chocolate or cocoa? That one 100% looks like bubba :drooling_face:
I found something kinda similar in the F1’s, more purple and calyx’s not as fat but overall structure is there, and she smells like straight up chocolate. I kept a cut of her but she throws late nanners and still not what I was after so I’m likely gonna toss her.

I’ve heard some rumors that the “Kush4” cut bodhi and a bunch of others have, is actually a Suge Pure Kush cut and has nothing to do with the real-deal Kush4 cut from Jim Ortega. My goal in acquiring that was the real-deal Kush4 to find a pheno of to use with some NL stuff. If it’s not really Kush4 than there’s no point in that side project. But I’ve barely seen any of it to come to any sort of conclusion.

13 Likes

The bottom one smells like blueberry muffuins - kushy / rubbery. It’s extremely frosty too, all branches and stems get covered in trichomes as well after flip. No intersex issues and incredibly sedative / relaxing / mellow but grain of salt on that because I’ve always taken it day 70-75 harvest.

Ahh, feels like everything is wrapped up in that authenticity game always. Pure Kush x SSDD sounds good to me at least so worth trying for me!

14 Likes

mmm :drooling_face: that sounds like the back half of my f2 girl. I usually take mine down at 57-60 for anytime use, 70+ definitely gets more lazy :sweat_smile: Sounds and definitely looks like you found some great ones to use regardless. With the Goji added in there too, that’s gotta be some dank stuff. Think we should work out a trade sometime lol

Yeah no argument there, should still be some great stuff! I’m interested to see how bodhi’s SSDD male comes out in these crosses, I have quite a few of them to run out once I can get these F3/IX’s done… and a bx2 at some point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Yea thanks man, that first one is ssdd x goji #9 and she stacked nicely. Smells like good weed, no berries just some sticky good weed. The next to last pic is ssdd x goji #4, she has lots of medium sized buds on flimsy stems and reeks of sour butter goodness.

I’m glad your tackling the kush4/ ssdd, should be some good phenos and breeding material to be found. Good luck on the seeds and projects, i started a bunch of seeds in jiffy seed starter mix with my veggies this year and it took them a good month to get use to it for some reason.

11 Likes