Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

Looks like @ramblinrose F2s have some pretty nice looking phenos in them. How are the smells on that one? See a bit of similarity to some of mine but those have frostier leaves, are a bit lankier, and better calyx-to-leaf ratio than most of mine that I tested. I’m liking it… Did you take cuttings of this F2?

THE Black Goji cut :upside_down_face:?

11 Likes

@DesertHeartGardens – Any identifiable smells developing on the SSDD x Goji yet? Didn’t want to post this question in the B thread since it’s a pollen chuck and not a retail variety. Your tent looks so uniform and quite healthy too. Gotta say a part of me is hoping the cross sucks because I played Johnny Appleseed with well over half the seeds that I had haha. Joking of course…

Still have enough left to hunt through…

Really curious on smells to see what sort of influence the Goji might have had on the SSDD mom. Whether or not it retained the frost levels would also be interesting to me.

12 Likes

Gogi daydream 1

sweet berry floral slight sour acrid backend
Gogi daydream 2
not tons of smell on this one kind of reminds me of that clean og smell starting to develop though
Gogi daydream 3
heavy acrid sour slight citrus with a rubber gassy backend this one is my favorite of the 3 so far hard to get proper frost pictures will get them at lights out to get some decent photos of really how coated they are overall these have been super hardy been growing themselves slightly viney but the Gogi I think helped beef them up a bit

18 Likes

Wasn’t expecting such a detailed response, thanks man! To me the rubber is more a SSDD smell from my experience than Goji. The SSDD mom does have a lot of rubber early on. Smells are subjective but I’m guessing any floral notes are coming from the Goji male. It’s interesting how similar the leaf widths are on all 3 to me, but both the mom and the dad had thinner blades so maybe not a big surprise. Thanks again for the amazing post!

9 Likes

They all have been surprisingly uniform and easy going sorry I have been slacking on updates will be more detailed as there’s more to report! Really curious how these develop the rest of the way seems the ssdd mom didn’t get too overpowered by the Gogi as they have some similarities to the ssdd I’ve tried in morphology and some of the smells coming through to what I’ve seen with sunshine for sure will be giving them a proper smoke report once there finished and cured up nicely I’m hoping they turn out so far so good but won’t know for sure till they get stuffed in a bowl :pray:t2:

9 Likes

Sadly on day 51 I am seeing a bunch of bananas on one of the plants gogi daydream 2 with the amount of them thinking I’m going to be chopping it tomorrow to dry and tossing it in the pile of weed for rso Gogi daydream 1 and 3 looks nanner free so far @syzygy

6 Likes

I went through a couple intense stress sessions with the SSDD mom so I’m pretty confident at this point any nanners are coming from the Goji. Seeing the bud structure on #2 and you saying that it didn’t have a lot of smell even sounds like Goji to me. Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about the trouble and would caution others that have them but I don’t think too many others received them thankfully.

8 Likes

It’s not a crazy amount of bananas just got done scouring for the past few hours found about 10-15 or so they very well might be sterile because I’m not seeing any seed development in the buds I might coast it and scout and give it another 6 days it’s a really nice looking plant super coated too not really sure what to do :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

15 Likes

Wow amazing thread. Loved the Beautiful Day, Granola Funk, & Red Eyed Jedi pics. Great bud blasts.

3 Likes

To me any is way too many haha. Also to my eyes the #2 looked the most Goji of the bunch with your #1 looking the most SSDD at that stage (but not necessarily the floral smells). Great pics man thanks again for testing these out! Guess it’s no surprise that Goji would be dominating if the Bubbashine pheno is recessive @ 10%.

Thanks man, glad to have you here. Will probably be ‘ending’ this thread in the near future as a new project unfolds but hope to have you stay around whatever thread comes of it. I don’t know maybe I’ll just keep this one but the first post is kind of irrelevant now.

6 Likes

Also don’t know if all those pictures are sequential or not but that first picture looks the most ssdd of the 3 to me. Is that the one with intersex issues? 2nd looks more Goji and am unsure on #3. Or maybe they’re diff budshots of the same plant and I’m seeing things haha.

The clusters of calyxes look similar to the SSDD to me but possibly that one has a bit better of a calyx to leaf ratio.

Examples of mom to compare the first picture to.

17 Likes

Those are all gogi daydream 2 the banana thrower I will get some pictures of 1 and 3 tomorrow

7 Likes

Maybe it’s just the angle of the pics or something, that’s wild. To me they still look different even with the knowledge they’re the same haha. The more I look at the first one the more I’m convincing myself it really does look like the mom until I re-look at the 2nd picture… After finding a nanner in one of my Goji F2s and now this I’m definitely glad the male has been retired. Undoubtedly if there was more testing going on we’d be seeing more intersex traits in my opinion. On to the next male…

7 Likes

Thankfully I’m thinking they might be sterile opened up a few buds that had the bananas not seeing any development in seeds if it doesn’t get too unruly and pop tons more nanners might ride it out 5 more days and then chop at 8 weeks the first 2 pictures are more the main budsites the 3rd is more of a lower in the corner

6 Likes

New thread for SSDD related stuff to keep it separate from the Goji male used for pollen chucking in this thread.

11 Likes

Day 90: Chop Day
I ended up pushing it and I’m glad cause she really started to stack towards the end! Smoke report coming soon!!

24 Likes

Love the color on that 4th pic, great job!

9 Likes

Started trim jail got ssdd x gogi og 2(anther thrower)jarred up only found a few anthers grew back but good news while trimming the whole thing and haven’t spotted a seed or even a developing one yet I believe these to be sterile will update if I do find any seeds but also tried a sample bud no cure taste is fantastic already and has a pleasant stone to it will give them about a 3-4 week cure and do up pheno smoke reports but initial testing so far is positive :grin: @syzygy

12 Likes

Cool to hear about the flavor & pleasant buzz! Pleasant is a good choice of word to describe most of the SSDDs that I’ve sampled. Hope the flavor is retained through the cure and am always interested to hear your thoughts post cure.

10 Likes