(incomplete) Wookie 7 x Dreadbread Preservation Run

Welcome to my Co-Op Seed Preservation run! I am extremely honored and excited about being selected to do this project. First off, a huge shoutout to @BudWhisperer for making this all happen. He’s the real hero of this story getting this approved as well as getting the seeds out to me super fast, I’m just the lucky one who gets to a few great plants. Also huge thanks to the Overgrow team for approving it!

Word got out about my massive love for all things Wookie and by Bodhi, and I am so excited I get to help preserve and spread these amazing genetics. The pack is the 2019 free love gift of wookie 7 x dreadbread, and from my personal experience the wookie 7 has that super amazing lavender/incense/floral thing that I absolutely love to smoke.

I put the seeds in dirt yesterday to germinate. Just a simple 1020 tray with a 72 cell insert and a dome. My soil mix is 5 year old promix/roots 707 with some added peat every so often, and preamended with Pride Lands and Espoma Plant Tone as a cheap cut. I also added a little extra oyster shell, since I find the vast majority of wookies I grow love lots of Calcium like a Chemdog or Kush. I’ll keep the dome on for just a couple days until the seeds start to pop, then I’ll pot them up into 3x5 or half gallon fabric pots to kickstart veg.

I plan to veg them a little too long if anything and ideally snag a couple cuts to sex for males/keeper females. Another bonus is being able to keep the males in smaller pots for flower since I plan on keeping them all. My usual trick for open pollination is keeping the males in half gallon or gallon pots so I can easily move them around and easily shake pollen all over the ladies in larger pots.

122 Likes

Excited to see this. The only other Dreadbread cross I’ve seen (Babylon Buster)turned out to be one of my favorites

8 Likes

Hell yeah, I haven’t grown any Bodhi genetics yet. I have the Goji OG from one of the co-ops that I’m excited to grow here soon. Best of luck with everything, and thank you for doing this for the community.

What type of smoke was the Babylon Buster? Could you recognize the influence from the Dreadbread?

6 Likes

It had fruity flavor, not berry or citrus but I can’t quite put my finger on it. As far as effects go it was a nice balanced hybrid. Not necessarily energetic like a sativa, but no couchlock or any type of downer at all. I had 3 females that were all like that. One was the first creeper that I’ve had in a long time, but vegged slow enough that I didn’t clone it. I wish I did though

8 Likes

This one is exciting, I hope we get to see some of those spear colas Dreadbread likes to throw!!

4 Likes

Awesome @BackyardBoogie420 and @BudWhisperer

It’s Bodhi gear so there’s nothing left to say except

:sparkles::sparkles::bear: I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes! :bear::sparkles::sparkles:

25 Likes

that’s great another a co-op seed run —Thanks – your strain sure sound great @BackyardBoogie420

3 Likes

Oooh a rare one! Not only has the Dreadbread male barely been used, the Wookie #7 mom hasn’t been used much either! Thanks for offering to put in the hard work on this one @BackyardBoogie420 I’ll be setting up a chair in the front row :sunglasses:

16 Likes

I’ve got 3 words for you @BackyardBoogie420 : Frickin Awe Some!

And thank you @nefrella for sending me these cool rare seeds! We couldn’t have done it w/out you!

15 Likes

@BackyardBoogie420 thank you for doing this! Settled in for the show!

4 Likes

I love watching these coop runs come together. Thanks for putting in the effort, best of luck.

5 Likes

What an awesome run.! thanks for the the donation @BudWhisperer & thanks to you @BackyardBoogie420 for making the magic happen.

Sending good vibes :seedling: :green_heart:

:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Pulling up a spot near the fire, loading the party bong and saving a spot for Mr. :honeybee:, I expect he will be along shortly… :+1:

(he wakes me up for the good parts… :sweat_smile:)

Cheers
G

11 Likes

Thank you @BackyardBoogie420 and @BudWhisperer for making this happen!

Backyard, how has the Pride Lands been treating you? Do you top dress with it too or do you just reamend with it? I use the company’s Green Aminos and Brix (plants been loving both).

4 Likes

Should be a cool strain! Dreadbread male wasnt used for much and the wookie mom is supposed to be a winner.

5 Likes

That’s really bad ass, can’t wait to follow along.

4 Likes

Nice! I ran half of a pack of this and have a couple more in the fridge… went 10-11 weeks of dreadbread dominant colas, all were spicy sativa…

6 Likes

Exciting times :star_struck:
Good luck with your project! :four_leaf_clover: :seedling:

3 Likes

Sitting my bean bag chair down over in the corner. Excuse the smoke.

Gonna go ahead and slide on my #1 foam finger and I’m rooting for ya!! This one should be real good

3 Likes

YAAAAAAAAAASSSS!!!

@BackyardBoogie420 dis is gonna be real good!

:metal:

5 Likes