Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

I live near Seattle. I used to grow in a tent and have been working towards starting up again, only this time I’m converting an half-falling-down pony barn into a greenhouse so I will have some space.

2020 got to me a few weeks ago, especially the trapped feeling and I was looking at seed sites and it was so clear that cannabis genetics was getting trapped too. So on a whim I purchased a pack of DJ Short’s ‘Everything Delightful Random Medley Mix 13 Regular Seeds’ and I was going to do a chaos seed crop, maybe splitting the Sativas from the Indicas. But after finding this site yesterday, I think I need to slow down and share each jewel.

I have no idea quite on how yet, but it is good to have a goal and a dream. :slight_smile:

I feel like I should already thank this site and especially @Sebring for pointing me in a much, much better direction.

14 Likes

Hey been absent a bit, Welcome to all the new OGers! @linkinpedro @Bombie @Cartwright @Gugumelo and @Cannacrabber !

7 Likes

Welcome to OG, @Gugumelo and @Bombie!

4 Likes

Welcome :grinning: to OG!!

5 Likes

Boas @Gugumelo! Também sou um novo membro e sou de pt. Qualquer coisa podemos falar assim em vez de inglês.
Prazer em conhecer-te!

4 Likes

It’s so good to see the diversity and worldwide influence of OG. Bienvenido a todos nuestros hermanos! :us::mexico::brazil: :portugal::es: :puerto_rico::costa_rica: :colombia:

9 Likes

Obrigado, tank you, prazer em conhece lo, Nice to meet you too…

2 Likes

Hey folks, homegrower from Oregon here longtime lurker first time poster. I’ve got a little flower room and mother room in my basement right now, running a couple clones from Old World Organics in living soil and just popped some bodhi seeds and a few others. Passionate about organics, preservation, and landrace genetics, as well as exploring smell and flavor. Super exciting to see all the inspiring work everyone’s doing here!

12 Likes

Hey @thecurtainwith anxious to hear more about Organics from you thanks for posting!

5 Likes

Welcome to OG thecurtainwith, Lots of Organic growers here, including myself. Get yourself a grow thread up when you can and start posting what your doing.

5 Likes

Him and I are growmies ! It warmed my heart to see he had mentioned me , without saying my name, in one of his threads. I felt honored. He had said something like a buddy of mine put me down with the gorilla bubble! Its so dope to interact on the same forum as the man himself Tony green :raised_hands: This gorilla bubble is what got me so into indoor. I can tell already there are alot of good ppl on here! I look forward to growing with everyone!

5 Likes

I just started my first grow! Its the fisher price my first grow :tent: tent

7 Likes

Hi everyone,

Male 50yo. I come from a Land Downunder. I grew on and off for many years. Last Grow was 2007. I had over 20 different Strains growing on my balcony. Lots of Pretty colours of Flowers. Pink, Orange, Red Pistils. Some leaves and buds went Purple Colour during Flowering. Just growing for fun back then. As I haven’t smoked any since 2002. I was giving all the Flower Buds away to a few friends for Free. Not in it for the money. I just love Gardening. It’s one of my Hobbies. Bringing life into the World and sharing the Happiness it brings. I hope to learn more about this Hobby, as I start growing more, once again. Thanks everyone for sharing all your ideas and experience for people like me and others to learn quicker. Cheers. Magpie69 :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

hey @Magpie69 welcome to og, thanks for posting. will be interested in native strains

2 Likes

Thanks Who

I’m just starting to buy seeds again. Much easier nowadays. But much more expensive mostly. I do like the idea of collecting and growing Strains that were growing here in Oz for many years. Like ABC, Ducksfoot, Old Mother Sativa(Mullumbinby Madness). They were most likely all Sativas that were brought here during the last 230 years since 1788, at different times. They mostly have long thin leaves and long 3 to 4 months Flowering times. I remember Thai Buddha was popular here in Sydney in the early 1980s. Seeds were spread around the Country quickly, because it was so strong. One cone gear, we used to say. Most Sticks would contain seeds too. Foil Stick containing around 2 grams for $10 in 1983. Many people said that, Navy personnel would sometimes bring large garbage bags back from Thailand, on many return trips to Sydney.

It is possible that the Australian Bastard Cannabis(ABC) may possibly be a Landrace. DNA sequencing has been done and sounds promising. Time will tell if this is the case.
A link: https://www.medicinalgenomics.com/australian-bastard/

I like these Strains, and many others.
And of course the New one from Humboldt County, Freakshow.

9 Likes

I am new here, I been enjoying cannabis for 30 years but never started growing until the governour said they are going to legalize it here in my state. I really enjoy it and believe it has really saved my life my helping me stay off of opiates that I used to be addicted to from being prescribed by doctors over the years. I also enjoy gardening vegetables and fruits too. This was my first year every gardening and I really want to try and make a career move into horticulture some how. Or at least just have my own personal family garden for me and close relatives and friends to share. I dont really know how to grow cannabis yet but want to find out. Both my Mom and Dad had cancer and needed cannabis to help them. I want to be prepared to know how to grow for myself if I ever have cancer . Or if I could grow to help others with cancer I would be so proud. I want to learn how to grow 100% organic and maybe a living soil if thats possible.

12 Likes

Hi @AWharfRat, Welcome to Over Grow!

I have a feeling you are going to fit right in and love it here!
Have a look around and explore, ask lots of questions. We have great folks here doing some interesting projects. You will want to look at the tincture thread at some point too.

Explore and Enjoy! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

hey! @AWharfRat welcome to OG! I too am learning about organic, but still mostly at my veggie garden outside. Sorry for the tragedy called cancer so harshly affecting you life, I lost my mother to it as well,my wife her dad. My wife worries she will get it. Anyways glad your here!

4 Likes

Is this the normal growth rate for this forum? It feels quite robust, in a good way

6 Likes

lol I keep getting this msg the server is overfull and i cant go to other threads hardly, not sure bigger is better

2 Likes