Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Wow! Is this place a clone of its former self ? I wonder if anyone will recognize this name after so long… Save me my aching fingers and read this link at ICMAG to see my story if registered there

(IF not, I will cut and paste for those who don’t go there)

WOW!! I can’t believe it. Finally times changed around to allow me to be a grower again. For those who don’t know I’m an Overgrow.com and Cannabisworld original and for certain reasons along w financial risk bowed out of the whole picture. In retrospect I’m relieved I did after I learned about the cross forum sting that was far reaching unfortunately. I went by Dankmaster at the time. This is why I’m going by OvergrowDMDC. I think even after reading some thread posts some asked what happened to me…seems GFW (G13 x Fig Widow) is still talked about even. Sad story is I lost my seed bank of over 100 strains sent from all over the globe to a broken water line in the crisper drawer, and it was too late to salvage. Very upsetting to lose…but perhaps in the future all is not lost I thought to myself…

The G13 project seems to have been a success as I see it everywhere. Widely available, when it used to be one the rarest and hardest to get. What I wanted for it has been accomplished. I’ve seen familiar names on strain menu delivery services, I’ve become a super reviewer w 47 on Where’s Weed and have been outspoken about the issues in final flower product and quality. Believe me, I’ve come down hard on vendors for improper dry, cure or just poorly grown. When I was younger I was hyped for everything new, Blueberry, White Widow, AK47, Bubblegum, G13 etc. During a trip to L.A. I was brought Girl Scout Cookies, and got to know it too well, however I discovered later when it was local and someone else brought it to me, it wasn’t quite the same. Even though it’s popular, it varies far too much for my taste.

At the time I wasn’t aware of “delivery services” but I started asking about SATIVA and dominant hybrids. It was a little out of the individual’s depth, and they let it out where they were getting their supply from being too particular. Now I have access to strains on Where’s Weed app, and the first one wasn’t good. Homegrown Silver Kush it’s like uncured hay and crackles, so my first review came as a result and that service was gone shortly after. Next is better, and almost nostalgic like Space Queen from Mr. Soul, just as good as I remembered it.

I wanted something special, and finally I knew when I saw it, just the lineage alone sent me bouncing in the room when I read about Monkey Paw. I donated for a whole oz and no that wasn’t cheap, finally I understood the classics and those genetics that have become building blocks. Just the hybrid told me more about the 2 parents, and from there I made it a mission to get each separately. It didn’t come right away, so I had to be patient and be on the lookout. In Between I got to try others on my radar, namely, Cannalope Haze Hawaiian Snow and Chocolope. The Hawaiian Snow is nice, and has a strong haze influence and I still hope to try Nevilles Haze, but the Chocolope stuck out hands down. That Thai is a standout. I’ve also had Purple Thai, which isn’t easy to forget about either. Red Congolese is another. The more I try landrace based, the more I prefer over all these newer wild designer strains. I’m not sure I even understand all the hoopla about OG this and that… In effect I’ve become an old head for my taste in cannabis now.

Finally after about 2 years, what I waited for came up. First Acapulco Gold and I was impressed overall. I know this is a variation not original, but it’s still enough to tell what was heard about it, and it’s everything I heard it was!! Next Colombian Gold, and man do I love her. My first hit told me, THIS is what I must grow when I get back to it. I was able to get it a few more times, and then one batch I FOUND SEEDS about 20. I’ve collected other seeds since I began this landrace path, a few I’ve forgotten, mystery Hawaiian sativa, Pine cone and others, but also have a few that stuck out. I got to try some Blue Ducksfoot and that’s an interesting Aussie skunk, but mine had at least 30 seeds. The last strain that gave me seeds as of recent is OG Chocolate Haze, about 10, and this gave me a deeper insight to the Chocolate Thai makeup.

This is definitely my more preferred strain, with that said I have 4 OG Chocolate Haze and 5 Columbian Gold in a starter DWC,w 300 watt LED until I get Superponics 16, customized interchangeable DWC unit for perpetual cycle tents set up. I can’t forget about Panama Red, which took quite a long time to get and worth it, citrus and spice is soo nice, so without question I’ll be getting seeds of it. It lives to it’s legend is all I can say, but glad I know it’s not just a story of olde. Kudos to those who preserved it and made it available. Oh another I spoke about and many thought I was nuts is the FL Krippy, and I KNEW this sucker was being saved for when times change…boy was I right. I couldn’t have known or suspected it being a kush pheno, but I found the Krippy Kush seeds and ordered 5 seeds for 97 bucks, but only need one for a mom. Any insight about Purple Caper ?

So I wonder who’s still active on forums. Where’s the AE77 crowd ? I’ve seen Miss cali-o around on the menu… I see Subcool everywhere too. I’ve always thought, someday I could reconnect with the gang, whoever is still kicking that is. I made sure to send my clones and stock to as many as possible so I’m hoping, although I’m not counting on getting that stock back, it would be nice to be able to get Fig Widow again in some form. And I still see that microwave stream dry is most preferred for taste and potency samples. It does what I intended it for, quick fix and testing potency and flavor but the purist ragged hard on me putting this out. Thankfully no one has been dumb enough to dry an entire harvest that way

Colombian Gold and OG Chocolate Haze perpetual grow plan

8 Likes

Hi @OriginalDankmaster96, welcome back to OG! Don’t need to tell you how much you’ll love it here! You know better than I do!! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks Abbbian, I’m looking forward to seeing who’s still around after 20 years. It was far too long…

3 Likes

Since I’m an old newbie! LOL! Can’t help you much but there are some amazing ones here, knowledge and OGenerosity running hand in hand!! To name a few…@Reikox, @misterbee, @Mr.Sparkle, @DougDawson, @JohnnyPotseed, @Oldtimerunderground, @CADMAN, @corey, @Shadey, and a bunch of others!!! Have fun! :hugs: :pray:

7 Likes

I understand, in my respects it’s going back to the founders of this site when I was just young and learning so much from those guys. It was a tight click for sure

4 Likes

Hi @OriginalDankmaster96, welcome.

Check out the following thread:

Not everyone kept their old alias but you may recognize some of your cohorts from OG 1.0 in there.

4 Likes

Thanks bro, I appreciate that link (nice I get an old school badge)

5 Likes

Welcome to OG @OriginalDankmaster96

2 Likes

Welcome back @OriginalDankmaster96 !

2 Likes

Welcome back @OriginalDankmaster96 !
I have been wanting to grow some of the foundation stock strains since I began smoking a couple of years ago.
When you set up a journal please tag me if you remember. I’d like to see you grow out those classics!
:pray:

2 Likes

I have seeds I’ve been saving from dispensary buys, some are mystery and others I made mental notes of. I’m rebuilding this stock. I spent close to 500 on Krippy lines to find that PINE stink and taste many want so badly from the 90s. GFW wasn’t a fluke, it was careful selection and I got lucky w very good male. An article I recently read confirmed my selection was bang on the money, but I’m doing it innately. I’ve bought Panama from Ace and Crystal Meth, although I had to buy it twice after learning autoflower not a mother plant

3 Likes

That’s some dedication to the craft bro. I had friends back in the 70s that smoked. One is still a very dear friend. When I told him I was growing he asked me to grow out some original Columbian Gold. I’m going to if I can. That would take him back to our teenage years for sure.
:sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like

I’ve gone back to classics after trying a few of the new designer strains. Being younger I was hip and hyped for the latest names coming out, but being able try the classics that have made the gene pool has given me a fondness for landrace. It’s just quality not about being blasted. All I heard was how good they were, and true to word they are still 30-40 years later that damned good!

2 Likes

Oh yeah. There are many recently developed strains that are way more potent, but it’s more wanting to experience something that I missed out on until I was 59 years old, and putting a smile on my buddy’s face.

3 Likes

Trust me, they’re worth it. I would have bought Colombian Gold if I didn’t find seed an oz that was available. That batch was so good too. Made really excited. It’s my favorite for clear focused and energetic and functional. The plants I have now aren’t typical leggy sativa. Incredible stout bushes. I’m actually amazed because it’s not the characteristic of sativa traits. Check out that link! My chosen plant may have potential, it’s a 8 headed monster already.

3 Likes

Lot of friendly folks on there.

2 Likes

ICMAG ? Yeah I agree. Only had one try to shit talk me like I’m no one and grind the axe over Krippy. It’s real. I knew a dealer in Fort Lauderdale that had G 13 and didn’t call it that and he also had Original Haze and he also didn’t call it the K’s either. Also knew another guy that got Bubblegum, but he didn’t call it the K’s… 3 known strains not referred to as Krippy for slang

3 Likes

They call me Smokey. I’m a self medicating smoker, grower, and breeder. I love the heavy indicas especially the Afghan, Pakistani, Hindu Kush cultivars and landraces.

11 Likes

Welcome to OG @b2112g , glad you could join us.

2 Likes

Hi @b2112g! Welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Enjoy!

4 Likes