Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Thanks JP, yeah there’s a handle I do recognize myself, Oldtimer. I have stubborn Krip seeds I bought, but you’re a wealth of knowledge about seed germination. I was wondering if the Emory board would be enough for scratching (my first time needing to go extra steps) the hulls and I found your post. I get the feeling it’s a tougher outer shell than normal. Very helpful w what you’ve provided for seed germination. I appreciate and thank you for those contributions :+1:

4 Likes

It’s either or …you can do it with an emery board if only a seed or two, or 100 grit sand paper, rolled into a tube, drop the seeds in put finger over both ends and shake a minute.

The latter is better for more than just one or two lol you can toss 10-20 in that.

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking for a few months, just reading up on grow techniques for when I can eventually start growing legally. It’s already legal to use recreationally in my state, but the lawyers are having a field day with everyone suing each other over where the money ends up going. Obviously, home-growing is the last priority. :frowning:

I may have played around with growing in the past, but I still don’t have a stable grow location and can’t yet grow outdoors, even a paltry 6 plants… Once I can actually do it legally, I’ll get a small room set up and start posting pictures - until then, any discussion of growing is obviously hypothetical. :slight_smile: I’ll be starting out with a few feminized seeds I got as freebies, then once I have my environment dialed in and have an ample stash of bud for personal use it’ll be time to play around with breeding. I’ve got what I hope are a few true breeders ready to go, we’ll see if I have anything like the green thumb needed to actually get results and a thick enough skin to deal with posting on the interwebs!

14 Likes

HI @Cormoran, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Guaranteed! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @Cormoran

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve posted a diary on what I’m hypothetically growing in my imagination, if anyone wants to take a look… Valley Ghash x Cake Fighter indoor grow. I haven’t seen any other threads mentioning this GLG freebie other than tangentially, and they’re giving out a lot of them lately so I figured it might come in handy for others as well as helping to give me a clue what I’m doing. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum Cormoran!

2 Likes

Thank you! Tim
first time grower first time joining anything. I am excited to learn and grow with knowledge. Hope I can be of some assistance.

8 Likes

Hi there, welcome to the site and Grow On!

4 Likes

Hello! New to OG, I usually post on RIU under the same name. I really like what I see from the community over here so decided to join. I’ve been growing for 8 years and am in a legal rec state. Currently have three separate tents that I use and have recently switched to 100% LED.

I’m a big fan of Bodhi and hope to be able to help with some preservation in the future. I have some discontinued strains in the freezer including two packs of SSDD, just trying to build up my stash jars like a squirrel right now then I’ll be able to dedicate some space to seed runs!

15 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Sqwee !

2 Likes

Welcome to the party! :green_heart::seedling:

1 Like

Welcome. Hope you have fun.

1 Like

Hi @Sqwee, welcome to OG!! You’ll love it here!! No doubt! Enjoy!

1 Like

Welcome to OG @Sqwee

1 Like

Welcome @Sqwee … Yeah, definitely a chill place over here :smiley:

Lots of good peeps and info…

1 Like

Thank you sir!

1 Like

Thanks friend

1 Like

Welcome to OG Sqee, sounds like you’ll fit in well here, have fun!

2 Likes

Welcome to the new members

1 Like