Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

I invited a Phototron grower to Overgrow…he’s on RIU and was getting no help with his Phototron grow…hopefully he’ll stop by this thread and introduce himself…

8 Likes

Welcome to OG. Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Hi All,

1st, my “MrWizard” handle is just a character from an old Bullwinkle cartoon, an avatar I have used since the early days of the Usenet. It is not meant to be any sort of badge of expertise regarding Weed Horticulture, or any other topic.

Used to hold my own back in the 70s/80s, then my career made me put it all away. Now, being close to retirement, and with cultivation now legal in my state, I decided to pick up craft growing back up again.

My current project is a 3X3 tent, will post a few pics once I gain trust level etc.

I like to do hydro, and the tech has really matured in the 40 years I have been away. So a lot to learn there. Back in the day I had no clue about VPD, or different curing methods. Also, cannabis horticulture knowledge has deepened quit a bit in the last 40 years. Fems and Autos didnt exist when I first started doing this. A lot more is known about the various canibinoids now, and how growing can affect them.

I am just getting my feet wet now, tweaking my Tent in, growing an Auto Zkittlez that I did some LST to (think Bonsai). Moving forward I think I am going to pursue Landrace strains, mostly Indicas. The modern strain game, with a new crazy named strain coming out every 5 minutes makes me fearful we will lose the original genetics amid all of these Frankenstein strains.

19 Likes

Wow, I owned a Phototron back in the 80s, I wonder how they have advanced since then?

3 Likes

Welcome aboard buddy

3 Likes

Company is no longer around but if people still have them somewhere you can grow a kickass plant or 2 in them…

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

4 Likes

Hi @MrWizard, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here!! Guaranteed!! Lots of info a number of amazing, besides knowledgeable folks willing to help and share knowledge!! Have fun!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @MrWizard . I am old enough to know about the character

:green_heart::seedling:

4 Likes

HI Mr Wizard, welcome to OG :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome to OG! From one new"ish" member to another. take it all in, the info here is great and the members are even better.

5 Likes

I love to see new members make their first Overgrow post here in this “Introduce Yourself” thread. So I wanted to take a moment to welcome the following members who joined in the last 2 weeks and posted here first. They are:

@Dustinthewind
@ArkansasTraveler
@Indie
@myco_matchick
@yarikir
@Morde
@BRMTreefarmer
@Kavi
@PineByrd

To all of you, welcome to Overgrow 2.0. To some of you, welcome back to Overgrow. I’m confident that the more time you spend with us, the more you’ll realize that we’re the best cannabis forum on the internet, and we’re not the same Overgrow as we were back in the early to mid 2000’s. There’s a true community spirit here, and the generosity of some members will blow you away.

So, with the giving spirit of Christmas still in the air, I wanted to give all you a small “welcome to OG” gift. It’s also a “thank you” gift for starting your journey on Overgrow 2.0 here - in this thread - by introducing yourselves - and not asking for something with your first post

My gift to you is some BOG LifeSaver F2 seeds that I recently made for a seed run. I’ll eventually make those seeds available to the community once distribution is nailed down, but for now, they’re my gift to you. Just send me a PM with a privnote.com link to your safe mailing info and I’ll get them mailed out to you.

(If you’re not familiar with privnote.com, it’s a website which allows you to send a message that will automatically be deleted after that message is accessed one time. If you’re concerned about security, it’s best to not send your information in a PM on this website)

28 Likes

Welcome to the forum MrWizard! I loved that cartoon BTW.
As far as Frankenstein strains go. I get what you mean. But there is ONE Frankenstein strain that is making waves! This Frankenstein has been around a while. It was painstakingly created by one of the old hats of growing.
Hasn’t it @JohnnyPotseed ? lol
:v: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What’d I miss cuz?
Oh lol I see now

3 Likes

wrong person!

‘New’ strains, @MrWizard ? lol I bred Frankenstein over 20+ years ago cuz!

But, I think I get what you mean lol

5 Likes

What are you even talking about?

1 Like

Wow this is beyond generous! Thank you, and PM sent!

5 Likes

Welcome to OG @MrWizard , glad you decided to join up.

2 Likes

lol I posted an answer to @MrWizard in the ‘reply’ of your post, so wrong person cuz
I moved it to reply to the right person below that post, and just before you posted the question.

3 Likes

Hello All - I am rather new here!
I am Z, I live in Narnia, and my gnomes and I have been growing for about 20+ years, but with a gap of 10 years when I lived in a country not overly keen on my ladies so was safer to stay green free for the time there.

Back in grow land recently and picked up the bug for Autos after my first few I have not gone back to Fem or Regs.

Started my journey last year, Autos, LED, EC fans, this year I will swap out my hydro for Living soil and Blumats - just waiting on my current run to finish

Take care all

Z

11 Likes