Johnny Potseed's Hall of Genetics

3 Likes

That’s pretty exciting news! Us Canadians that can’t try a real deal cut from the man himself, it a chance to try something relatively close :grin:

5 Likes

ALL seeds were bought in 1998
White Russian
Sour Diesel
The Pure(Skunk#1)
Blueberry
White Rhino
Hawaiian Snow
G13
then added Maui wowie.
and crossed back with;
White Russian BX1
sour diesel BX1

3&1/2 years of intensive crossing, meticulous logging, and blood sweat & tears. Then another 1&1/2 yrs to smooth her out.

Frankenstein is very much set in her femininity! Very hard to stress/hermie… takes a licking and keeps on ticking lol
Great for first time growers, while experienced growers will get her to perform beyond their expectations!

26 Likes

1 Like

Frankie needs to go to Hollywood. Definitely a star.

5 Likes

Caught my attention, big time!

@JohnnyPotseed you may recall me sticking my foot in my mouth when I introduced myself here on OG, before I even heard of you and your prize strain.

Scroll to last sentence of my post!

@GrouchyOldMan I will be paying utmost attention as this plays out!

Promise not to stick my foot in mouth again, at least not the same way!

7 Likes

Growing the frank now and she’s got a berry blue kinda smell but it’s complex. I am smelling my fingers trying to place it but I am just licking my lips.

3 Likes

Hey how could ya know cuz? I’m 73 and been growing/breeding since I was a youngun on my gramps marijauana farm That’s non-stop except for a couple tours in Nam '60s lol

We’re retired now from a few years in the commercial growing, due to a host of medical issues. But…I’m still growing! With the help of my wife and son, that is! lol

@MrWizard , it looks like that was more a generic term you used for all these new strains coming out lol
But after 20+ yrs, I doubt Original Frankenstein can really be considered ‘new’

13 Likes

You can call me son. :joy:

2 Likes

My wife wants me to keep a log on what we smoke each evening, we just smoked 3 different things :joy: she high.

6 Likes

lol I can’t imagine cuz! We smoke over 1/4oz on any given day, multi strains, plus hash and concentrate!

7 Likes

One of mine was quite perturbed by gravity… only time I’ve ever had a plant so top-heavy that it fell over during veg. :stuck_out_tongue: It happened to both my clones actually, but I caught one of them before the stem snapped and she was ok with some support. Excellent looking buds though, and they smell great. I’m not gonna try to describe the smell beyond that… very complex. Hopefully I’ll have a smoke report in another month, mine’s also in week 7. Waiting to see if I have a spider mite problem. :frowning:

4 Likes

Got any pictures?

2 Likes

Sorry, none more current than the last one I uploaded; I’ve discovered that my phone wasn’t transferring the pictures directly to my computer but was sending them through Google Photos. Not doing any more until I can figure out how to do it securely, and it seems a lot more difficult with this phone than I remember my last one being. I have no idea where any of the directories are, if they exist at all or if I’m accessing the phone through the wrong operating system somehow… but even though I know they’re there, it looks like they aren’t. :man_shrugging: I used to know how to use technology, a decade or two ago…

3 Likes

2 Likes

So, it turns out I do know how to use technology! I just didn’t have the right technology. :stuck_out_tongue: Apparently I never bothered to buy a new charger cable over the several forced upgrades to my phone, so I was still using a USB 2.0 charger cable. Once upon a time, that was also sufficient to transfer files, but not anymore - now it’s old, obsolete trash incapable of getting anything done. Just like my old phone, which lasted all of two years before planned obsolescence was forced upon me… bleh. Shouldn’t get started on this one. Anyway, I have pictures! Eventually I’ll get around to updating my grow thread too, but you lovely folks get a special peek preview:

19 Likes

Beautiful! That thing’s a monster!

2 Likes

Perfect buddage. I’m impressed.

3 Likes

It’s nice and under control compared to this one… this is what happens when you accidentally “top” a 2-foot tall Frankenstein down to two nodes and then leave it for a month. :stuck_out_tongue: A full recovery and then some, I dare say. Two weeks in, I just hope she actually gets through flower without discovering spider mites…

11 Likes

Hot damn thats looking good!

3 Likes