Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Welcome @Kiff-Lee, plenty of organic growers here that can help you out.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Kiff-Lee & thanks for joining the community!

You and the girls are in good hands here!

See you around, buddy!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG

I your interested in landraces and heirloom trans .

There is a good thread on OG might find interesting.

Happy growing

10 Likes

Welcome to OG. @Panamajock is right. If you enjoy landraces you’ll want to check out the Landrace threads. There are quite a few now. Also check out the Freaker’s Collective. We do landrace and heirloom preservation work.

3 Likes

Awesome. Like I’ve said, my first experiences were with landraces, most of them from the Americas. Now that governments are starting to come to their senses about cannabis, maybe we’ll have an heirloom distinct to regions of the United States.
Thanks for the warm reception. I’ve met a few (not here yet) weed snobs who revel in what they know and others don’t. Thank you for not being one of them.

6 Likes

Welcome @Herrsquidward. Check this out when you get a chance, you’ll be able to sign up for seeds when it’s done.

Tiger Berry - Chinese Indica Landrace - Preservation Run

3 Likes

This IS the place to be! There’s a lot of information here, and everyone has been really cool so far. I also love the pictures, especially the ones of plants in their vegetative stage. Plus, I can learn something every single time I come here.
Thanks for the warm reception!

6 Likes

Welcome to OG @Kiff-Lee

2 Likes

Welcome @Kiff-Lee

2 Likes

Hi @Kiff-Lee! Welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Have fun!!

2 Likes

Hi y’all,

A year ago I got tired of overpaying for lousy weed and decided to learn how to grow my own and started on a journey of learning how to grow the right way. I read various articles on grow weed easy, ILGM, etc. and joined AFN. My first grow was in coco and went really well despite a lot of learning on the fly. I grew white widow, a really great strain to start with in hindsight. It was the best weed I’ve ever had, and having grown it myself, it was very rewarding! However, I have a lot of hobbies, coral propagation and high level reefkeeping being a prime one. See, I wanted to be a marine/coral biologist, and life got in my way in an unavoidable way. So I made coral farming and reefkeeping a “hobby” that I’ve had since I was 11 and I was on the forefront of successfully keeping and propagating many of the corals that today are commonly aquaculture. I’ve also had some articles published and had my aquariums written about and featured in publications.

My second grow I upgraded my tent and lights and ran into disaster after disaster. The biggest being a 5 day long power outage that took out all my flowering plants, almost all aquarium life (50k plus worth of corals, and nearly my seedlings. Long story short, I learned a TON from that grow since putting those seedlings outside brought mites and bugs that I battled throughout most of the grow. After my pathetic harvest, but one I’m very proud to for not having lost a single seedling despite the hell the power outage, mother nature, and bugs put them through, I decided to get serious and took my knowledge of decades long of building and plumbing custom reef aquariums and coral propagation systems and built my first RDWC.

I truly love how much of my knowledge of water chemistry, aquarium systems, and nutrients and how they interact with corals and plant life has carried over to growing cannabis and made it fairly simple to get what I’d call an intermediate level of knowledge. So, now I’m aiming for more advanced, having spectacular plants and and understanding how to correct the mistakes we all make, and developing some of my own genetics to share and trade. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully contributing to the collective knowledge of the community.

I was going to wait to have document my grows until I was on my second grow with hydro, but this first one has gone so well that I’ll be starting a journal to share with everyone here, and be documenting my grows. Hopefully I can contribute something useful to the community, trade some seeds and knowledge, and learn a lot along the way.

So, uh, hi everyone! :rofl:

19 Likes

Hi @Reefer, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Guaranteed! Have fun!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Reefer! It’s good to have you with us.

I am sure that you will find it’s an awesome community with some really great people, content and initiatives; and most importantly, that we’ll be seeing a lot more of you here, too!

4 Likes

Welcome to OG Reefer :+1:

2 Likes

Many thanks for the kind welcome! From what I’ve seen so far I’ll find plenty of stuff to get nerdy about!

3 Likes

Hi everyone new to the Overgrow world, Happy growing.

3 Likes

Welcome, fellow newb :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to
@CactusAL @hermit @LaughingMan @Green_Light @Kiff-Lee @Reefer and @Greenfingers
We’re so glad to have you join up with us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Reefer :wave: Nice intro.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Reefer

2 Likes