Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2017-18 NFL chat

Hi chefboyrd420
Bienvenue

3 Likes

Hey overgrow community,

I’m Phil, from Canada…
I’ve successfully grown for 4 years outdoor and indoor 10 years ago and had to stop after I moved.
Never had pest or anything. Outdoor was amazing, didn’t take of the plants and let them grow. Harvest was really nice. Always started from Sensi Seeds.

Thinking of growing again as soon as legal here and want to learn a bit before I go back at it.

Thanks!

-Phil

8 Likes

Welcome @Phil! There are plenty of nice people here to help.

1 Like

Hey there @Phil! Nice of you tp drop by! Get your grow going and show us pics man!

1 Like

@MadScientist you earned that shizz!! Good on you. @chefboyrd420 as well as pics, how bout some secret recipes? Welcome and congrats.

3 Likes

I joined because I am on an old school mission to locate as many original SSSC strains as possible (original SSSC seed stock genetics).

Any help is welcomed!

Thanks

4 Likes

Hey there @Marvin, welcome home bro!

Hello @Marvin and good luck with your mission.

1 Like

Hey im formerly outdoor_growr from OG1.0 finally made my way back. Hi

6 Likes

Welcome @Marvin and welcome @Santacruz!

Stay hazed
Jake

2 Likes

Welcome back bro! What took you so long!? LOL

hello hows it going guys and girls peace from the east coast… been smoking for about a decade and recently started venturing off into cultivating for medicinal use. read about this place before on other forums while it was closed down and recently found my way here after learning its back up. hoping to learn a lot, especially in the realm of genetics/ breeding… thanks for having me everyone. glad to be here

6 Likes

Glad you found us @bubbadawg!

1 Like

@ryasco thanks! me too :grin:

1 Like

Good to see you found us looking forward to having y here @bubbadawg!

1 Like

@Tinytuttle much appreciated!

I’m 27. I live in BC, Canada on Vancouver Island. I grew up on the mainland. Been growing for sketchy guys for awhile, handling all sorts of crap like spider mites and PM and just neglect. But I’ve finally got some shit together and I’m growing for myself for the first time, all organic and love, the way I like.

Anyways, started off wanting to be a writer. Went to uni for four years to get a BA in English, thinking I’d be an English and creative writing teacher + poet at a university somewhere. But I was way into weed and just up and left to head north for a business opportunity. (real sketchy)

So I got more and more into the culture, learned myself up plenty, eventually got a job as a budtender/receptionist at a dispensary. Before that I actually wrote strain reviews for Paradise Island Compasion Society. But I worked my way up from budtender to assistant to the regional manager and in three months I was runnin the place with the other guy, occasional spot checks by the owner. Shit fell apart and I went my own way.

About six months later a I got chatting up a dispensary owner and he hired me to run his place on the spot. Ran the small downtown location by myself for three months, 7 days a week. Was literally sleeping there, actually. But the guy got addicted to some crap and I watched it all disintegrate without gettin’ paid.

But the contacts I made with small local growers and middle men set me up well. Just called a couple friends up and I had a new place to stay. So I spent awhile ping ponging up and down the island checkin’ out different grows. Trailers and garages and backyards and five-bedroom houses in the middle of nowhere.

That adventure ended and the winter came, I got stuck outside for awhile and it took me a little over a year to get back on my feet. I hitched as far inland as the Kootenays, then came back down to the lower mainland. Got my head straight and now I’m back on the island, startin’ my own shit for the first time from scratch. Got my work ethic and passion on lock, startin’ out with a good base of knowledge. Eager to learn, open to new ideas.

experience comes
as it does,
in time.
work days become craft
-manship and lived,
life flowers

10 Likes

Glad to have ya onboard sounds like you might be a great contributor to OG !

1 Like

Thanks @poem and @bubbadawg for coming over! You are very welcome.

1 Like